Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,776 to 1,788 of 1788

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

  1. #1776
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Does anyone else find the thought of Ninjor going around assassinating (or attempting to) the Heroic Warriors one-by-one disconcerting? That's not how the evil warriors behaved back in the day!

    Even in Tri-Klops' first mission for Skeletor, he merely rendered Battle-Cat, Ram-Man and Teela unconscious so he could engage He-Man honourably in a fight to the death!
    Tri-Klops was an honorable bounty hunter. Ninjor is an assassin. He definitely isn't Storm Shadow from the Sunbow cartoon!

    The issue in these new bios that stands out is the re-use of the offensive idea of transferring the Powers of Castle Grayskull into the 'Eternia' spaceship. Even if there was a purpose to this in the vintage NA storyline where the warriors time-travelled to the far future, there seems to be no obvious purpose or rationale in the MOTUC NA storyline. Matty had up til now done a masterful job of integrating NA into the canon in a way that did not offend those of us who have long held ill feelings about NA - this can no longer be said of the Spirit of Grayskull bio.

    Fortunately, like some other aspects of the bio-canon, this is easily ignored.
    Castle Grayskull gets destroyed in TG's Canon, so the power survived in the starship. TG has some good ideas, but he also has bad ideas too. Grayskull getting destroyed and the anti-Grayskull power gun are bad ones to me.

    So did the gun permanently stop He-Man from getting Snake Armor powers again? Grief that's powerful!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Indeed, the rest of the bio seemed a little weak until I read that (although MGM may just be expressing his distaste for the author). It adds to the character, gives him an agenda outside of just being another one of Skeletor's goons. Plus, it explains the color palette! Skeletor should have known!
    The Toyguru fanboy versus the Toyguru critic!

    The man CAN have good ideas, as well as bad ones. If I hated TG as much as you think I did, I wouldn't be able to say THAT about him. Good ideas were making NA the present day space adventures of He-Man and adding She-Ra to the mix. Good ideas was working in Pre-Filmation elements like Tri-Klops as a bounty hunter, Green Goddess, Oo-Larr and Battleground Teela into the mythos.

    Having the Master of Capture fail to restrain Man-At-Arms and kill him was one of his bad ideas.

    But here it's me expressing my distaste for Ninjor being a secret Horde guy. I also not a fan of Snake MAA creating a gun that destroys Grayskull created armor and powers because that seems a bit overpowered. Duncan can block the power of the universe getting through?

    Criticizing TG isn't the same thing as hating him.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  2. #1777
    Heroic Warrior Poweron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Having the Master of Capture fail to restrain Man-At-Arms and kill him was one of his bad ideas.

    I also not a fan of Snake MAA creating a gun that destroys Grayskull created armor and powers because that seems a bit overpowered. Duncan can block the power of the universe getting through?
    Maybe Clamp Champ chose to kill Duncan because of the serious threat he posed. You're right, an Anti-Grayskull Power gun is some no-nonsense trouble for the heroes. It gives an interesting dramatic edge to Clamp Champ if it's true.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

  3. #1778
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,834
    Until we actually see (or read in Bios or comics) that Grayskull is destroyed, what Scooter said remains on the "cutting room floor" as it were, I say. I, for the most part, quite like most everything about the Bio-Canon, but until it actually gets printed on official product, it's akin to a deleted scene at best.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

  4. #1779
    Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    1,862
    I like that Ninjor is working for Horde Prime secretly - makes him more interesting imo. Where did ToyGuru say Grayskull was destroyed? I missed that - but like Uki said, until it makes print I still really love the idea of combining all previous MOTU canons and creating one story that is a most character inclusive as possible. I think MOTUC does that really well. I like some parts more than others but I appreciate having one storyline much more than the small parts I may not care for.

  5. #1780
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Until we actually see (or read in Bios or comics) that Grayskull is destroyed, what Scooter said remains on the "cutting room floor" as it were, I say. I, for the most part, quite like most everything about the Bio-Canon, but until it actually gets printed on official product, it's akin to a deleted scene at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    I like that Ninjor is working for Horde Prime secretly - makes him more interesting imo. Where did ToyGuru say Grayskull was destroyed? I missed that - but like Uki said, until it makes print I still really love the idea of combining all previous MOTU canons and creating one story that is a most character inclusive as possible. I think MOTUC does that really well. I like some parts more than others but I appreciate having one storyline much more than the small parts I may not care for.
    TG revealed it on the .org, so one could go back into his post history and find it.

    I too like the merging of several continuities, but not all of the ideas that TG came up with were good ideas.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  6. #1781
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    412
    Every time I read these bios (or more so Gbagok's bios) I realise how many holes in my MOTU knowledge there is - is there any basis for Ninjor working for the Horde or did TG really just base it on the fact that he's black and red?
    The Anti-Snake Armour Cannon on the other hand, I know exactly the basis for that and Toyguru should stop writing bios while watching Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

    I'm not actually one to rag on the bios very much, they're ok and I like a lot of the cannon combining the do but I am going to rag on one today because - even taking into account TG's amateur status - Battle Armor King Hsss' bio is really confusing to read, It took me three reads to understand when all of it was taking place and Toyguru mate? Never use the word 'reheated' when talking about the fate of a big villain, you re-heat Pizza, not the king of the Snake Men (also it still bothers me that he's 'Battle Armor' King Hssss and not 'Battleground' King Hsss - why? because he's wearing less than he was in his regular form!)

  7. #1782
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,505
    Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    is there any basis for Ninjor working for the Horde or did TG really just base it on the fact that he's black and red?
    I think he's done this on the basis that Ninjor has always been form another dimension and not from Eternia.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  8. #1783
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,871
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I think he's done this on the basis that Ninjor has always been form another dimension and not from Eternia.
    But Ninjor was summoned, just like Scare Glow. In some canons, at the same time. Horde Prime would have had to known Skeletor's tastes in warriors and planted an agent in hopes that one day Ninjor would get snatched up.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  9. #1784
    Heroic Warrior Man-E-Beers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CA Coast
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    I'm not actually one to rag on the bios very much, they're ok and I like a lot of the cannon combining the do but I am going to rag on one today because - even taking into account TG's amateur status - Battle Armor King Hsss' bio is really confusing to read, It took me three reads to understand when all of it was taking place and Toyguru mate? Never use the word 'reheated' when talking about the fate of a big villain, you re-heat Pizza, not the king of the Snake Men (also it still bothers me that he's 'Battle Armor' King Hssss and not 'Battleground' King Hsss - why? because he's wearing less than he was in his regular form!)
    I believe that is supposed to say "beheaded"....
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

  10. #1785
    N7 Horde Operative hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    7,515
    Or it was a convenient coinkydink.

  11. #1786
    Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    I believe that is supposed to say "beheaded"....
    Yes! Your right - sorry folks, my auto typing was auto-corrected to be incorrect, lol - I've fixed it

  12. #1787
    Heroic Warrior sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,044
    would have been better if Ninjor was an agent for The Unnamed One.

  13. #1788
    Royal Guard Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    1,859
    Not overly keen on the idea of Ninjor being a spy for Horde Prime and I kinda hoped they would specifically state in his bio that he assassinated Zodac, but we can't have everything.
    The Lurkiest

    **Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •