Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

A big fan of Slush Head
    Seriously what are they thinking giving Hordak a name like that?
    That's the worst name on a MOTU ever IMO.

Who comes up with those names? Is it a 3 year old?
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post

Found this on ebay.... hec-tor Kur? really? come on. lol
    Everything is good except for these two major points...

• Hec-Tor Kur? Is that supposed to be a shout out to the guy who thought up Hordak? Howcum "Hordak" has to be an alias? Why can't it be his name? I'm not against giving some history and depth to these characters, but I think some of these names are terrible!

• And "Second born heir??" Oy. Not Horde Prime... At least "Hec-Tor" is leader of his own army, so that whole Hordak is basically an "office manage of Etheria" aspect could be ignored...

Notice...Hordak is basically were he was when we last saw him, still trapped in Despondos. Nothing on him getting free and which world he is menancing, Eternia or Etheria.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 23, 2009 at 08:23pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

• Why can't it be his name?

Exactly! He doesn't need a "real" name for crying out loud.
    That is nonesense!!

This is the first bio I don't realy have problems with.
    Must be because stick so much to existing info.
    And it doesn't rule out Horde Prime which makes me totally happy
    (Which is obviuosly the first born)

The name sound totally lame to me too. We could totally have done without those names.

At least there is Imp pierced on his shoulder....
    Ops! I mean, the red bat creature

A big fan of Slush Head
    So does this mean they can make a Horde Prime? I don't understand this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I don't think so. I think it's basically a vague shoutout.

"Uber fans" out there know who the first heir is referring to.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I don't think so. I think it's basically a vague shoutout.
    But he is mentioned in Grayskull's Bio.

But he is mentioned in Grayskull's Bio.
    Where? On the back of his box?

A big fan of Slush Head

Oh no sorry. I re-read it and I have no idea where I got that from

The funny thing is that I read about Horde Prime somewhere and I can't recall where.

OMG!!!! I think that name is terrible!!! Hector??? Come on!!! Enough allready. Why can't they come up with cool names?! They are all lame up until now and I thank god King Grayskull wasn't ruined with a "real name".

------------
    EDIT:

I don't know why but it feels like this is the final straw for me... I know I am probably over reacting but this is supposed to be a line for the adult collector. If it is then WHY are they using names nobody likes? It doensn't make any sence to me.
    Last edited by Neo; March 23, 2009 at 08:42pm.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

not KG's box bio it just refrences Hordak,perhaps somewhere else?

Horde Prime's real name is probably Achil-Lies.

Yo, someone has to get ahold of Toyguru and tell him about these un-Eternian real names and also to get him to drop the last names. Do some major league name retcons with the bios on the re-releases.

It was in Hordak's bio on the DVD. But that was a mistake, and that bio ended up on the DVD because of an error.

This new bio is obviously referring to Horde Prime.
    But it doens't mean they can do him. For once, they are doing something wise and not mentioning him while not ruling him out as well.
    That's totally fine on my book.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    It was in Hordak's bio on the DVD. But that was a mistake, and that bio ended up on the DVD because of an error.

But it doens't mean the can do him. For once, they are doing something wise and not mentioning him while not ruling him out as well.
    Oh yeah that's where I read it from. Thanks man.
    It was a nice move though.
    Let's hope that with time they'll buy the Filmation library.

I opened a Poll.. Let mattel know how you feel:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169448
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

GAH!!!! that name!!!!! i HATE it. did someone at mattel get to sneak their name into MOTU? it sounds like it they could have at LEAST called him hec-kur-tor. WHY does Hordak need a real name???? so are the evil horde going to be called the evil Hec-tors? lol depth is fine but

Everything is good except for these two major points...

• Hec-Tor Kur? Is that supposed to be a shout out to the guy who thought up Hordak? Howcum "Hordak" has to be an alias? Why can't it be his name? I'm not against giving some history and depth to these characters, but I think some of these names are terrible!

• And "Second born heir??" Oy. Not Horde Prime... At least "Hec-Tor" is leader of his own army, so that whole Hordak is basically an "office manage of Etheria" aspect could be ignored...

Notice...Hordak is basically were he was when we last saw him, still trapped in Despondos. Nothing on him getting free and which world he is menancing, Eternia or Etheria.
    -first point i agree.

-at least he is still a leader in his own right

-well he COULD have been freed when keldor became skeletor. it could be part of the agreement for saving his life that he be freed. he could have then stole an heir of greyskull and took it back to where he came from as a twisted sort of revenge

no but they can make a "first born" if they don't get the name

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post

But it doens't mean the can do him. For once, they are doing something wise and not mentioning him while not ruling him out as well.
    EXACTLY! they finally did a tip of the hat incase things work out in their favor but didnt tip it too much that legal troubles would come their way. the bios REALLY need more of these winks and nods that get around legal issues
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Movie mayhem!
    Seriously... his name is Hordak. I understand the name thing for peeps like Merman, and Fisto... those sound more like titles... but Zodak, Hordak this is silly

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Seriously... his name is Hordak. I understand the name thing for peeps like Merman, and Fisto... those sound more like titles... but Zodak, Hordak this is silly
    EXACTLY!!!! people like mer-man and beast were but one of a species. Fisto, mekanek, stinkor etc were not born that way so they would of course have a given name instead of their new moniker.

hordak is and was hordak...would the evil horde now be named the evil hec-tors?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

First, I like Hordak's bio a lot. Outside of the name, this is one of the best so far. I hope they're not planning on bringing in Horde Prime or even mentioning his name, but a reference to him is cool with me and a nice nod to the fans.

Second, I don't care for the name. I'm hoping it has some kind of meaning or reasoning behind it, but when I first read it I laughed out loud. Part of it is we're used to these characters not having names, but at the same time, some of these just aren't very inspired.

Heroic Warrior
    So far I like all the 'names' but I find them to be more of an afterthought, and I could take 'em or leave 'em.

If they hadn't included them, I wouldn't have missed them, but since they did, I find that they add something. What that something is, I don't know, but I like it.

We embrace "Keldor" because it has ties to the original minicomics, most of these new ones do not, and that, for me is a good reason to give them something, other than a name that describes their 'power'.

up until this point, I was left thinking "What were these Eternian parents thinking?", but that was before I knew Stinkor's real name was Oediphus.
    Last edited by capitalzero; March 23, 2009 at 10:19pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Hec-Tor is the name his parents gave him and called and just like a lot of people, I'm sure he hated his name, hence taking the name Hordak when he landed on Eternia. Can't recruit an army with the name Hec-Tor...lol. Besides, the only person who would really know his real name would be He-Ro, since they were fighting each other before reaching Eternia. He-Ro would probably still call him Hec-Tor in battle the same way Randor would call Skeletor "Keldor" in battle. Anyways, all jokes aside, I don't mind his real name. I'll even further that notion by saying that Hec-Tor is a better name than Keldor, but that's just my opinion.

Also, I'm sure Skeletor didn't free Hordak since we saw Skeletor destroy his Sanctuary in "the Power of Grayskull" episode. We know Evil-Lyn & Count Marzo tried to free him, but plans didn't go so well. Maybe when they start releasing POP figures, they can make it that Catra was responsible for freeing Hordak, that way linking her to the Horde without sticking a Horde/bat emblem on her. I still can't tell how they're gonna add She-Ra to the mix though. How did they handle her origin in the POP mini-comics?

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    So far I like all the 'names' but I find them to be more of an afterthought, and I could take 'em or leave 'em.

If they hadn't included them, I wouldn't have missed them, but since they did, I find that they add something. What that something is, I don't know, but I like it.

We embrace "Keldor" because it has ties to the original minicomics, most of these new ones do not, and that, for me is a good reason to give them something, other than a name that describes their 'power'.

up until this point, I was left thinking "What were these Eternian parents thinking?", but that was before I knew Stinkor's real name was Oediphus.
    It's one thing to have an Eternian sounding single name. It's another when it sounds like it came from a kid's mouth, ala George Lucas when coming up with Star Wars names.

It's not a bad idea by any means to give some characters real names, but so far I feel the execution is falling flat.

What's wrong with Star Wars names? I love 'em!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    It's one thing to have an Eternian sounding single name. It's another when it sounds like it came from a kid's mouth, ala George Lucas when coming up with Star Wars names.

It's not a bad idea by any means to give some characters real names, but so far I feel the execution is falling flat.
    if you don't like it, ignore it.

Call him Hordak.

I like it, and I think it fits.

The way I see it, his name is Hordak, but he was originally called Hek-Tor. That doesn't lessen the impact of 'Hordak' a bit. and it says Hordak on the front of the card. I could understand if this thing was marketed AS Hek-Tor, but as it stands you can pretend it's not even there.

So if he`s still stuck in Despondos, where does Pop fit in? This should be interesting!!