Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    if you don't like it, ignore it.

Call him Hordak.

I like it, and I think it fits.

The way I see it, his name is Hordak, but he was originally called Hek-Tor. That doesn't lessen the impact of 'Hordak' a bit. and it says Hordak on the front of the card. I could understand if this thing was marketed AS Hek-Tor, but as it stands you can pretend it's not even there.
    Ok I stand corrected, I've been saying 100% hate this name, but I found someone who doesn't. Because of this I want to pick your brain. So in your view, because of this, do you think he didn't always look the way he does now? Like skeletor?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    So if he`s still stuck in Despondos, where does Pop fit in? This should be interesting!!

Maybe they will tie POP with the great Unrest and Pravhus
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Horde Prime's real name is probably Achil-Lies.
    They are brothers dude!! Horde Prime would have to be Pa-Ris!

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    I get the feeling that POP will fit in where they only have the enemies they had in the toy line. So Catra and Entrapta will be who she fights. I don't recall her fighting the Horde in her mini comics.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

perhaps he was let out of despondos in exchange for helping keldor live and by turning him into skeletor.

he could have kidnapped adora and left.

all we know is up to the point he taught keldor he was still stuck. but keldor became skeletor so anything is possible when that happens since we dont know when skeletor appearred in relation to when adam/adora appeared.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    It's like nobody watched the MYP toon or something. I know there is merging of canons going on here. The problem is a lot of people are thinking Filmation, but it's quite obvious the main source is the MYP/ toon, which is based on Filmation principles/foundation with elements of the mini-comics thrown in. Skeletor DID NOT free Hordak, which is why in this canon, they are enemies. In the mini-comics, Skeletor's treachery caused Hordak to be vanished to Etheria, & there were no She-Ra/POP elements involved. I'm sure when She-Ra is released, her bio will reflect how she was most likely planned to be introduced into season 3 of the MYP toon.
    Last edited by grenadaspice; April 4, 2009 at 06:55pm. Reason: spelling errors

My head hurts now...

I like everything in this name except the name and the King Grayskull part. I still totally dislike King Grayskull as a character. Why couldn't it have been He-Ro who banished Hordak. Damn you MYP!

heidi

EDIT: I do like the change in packaging, btw. The new placement of the logo is perfect!
    Last edited by Heidi; March 24, 2009 at 03:39am.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

A big fan of Slush Head
    I wonder why they went back to naming King Hiss from Hiss to Hssss again.
    In Grayskull's Bio they were able to call him Hiss. What happened?
    They lost the rights again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Good question.

Did King Hiss-text have a trademark logo or something in KG's package?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Good question.

Did King Hiss-text have a trademark logo or something in KG's package?
    Yeah it does have a TM mark next to it.
    I wonder what happened then.

So, Hordak is Hec-Tor.
    Will Tri-Klops be Jo-Sef?

Gotta tell though, aside from the names and those Overlords of Trolla, the bios of Zodac and Hordak and fine for me.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; March 24, 2009 at 04:51am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

they could have gone with Homer

"Come on Keldor! Free me already! D'oh!"

I like the bio...not a fan of the name. I hope that they fit in all the POP stuff well.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Updated first post with Hordak's bio

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Could it be G.I. Joe trademarking "Hiss" for Hiss Tank for G.I. Joe 25th?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I like the bio, how it gives a nod to Horde Prime, and ties in both He-Ro and King Grayskull.

I have to wonder about the Horde, though...if the army was raised on Eternia, it would imply the Hordsemen were Eternian. Somehow (Modulok notwithstanding) that seems a little weird to me...Mantenna, Leech, et al. Then again...if we're talking about the same time frame as the Snake Men, then perhaps there were these monstrous species running around the planet back then, that became less freaky over the centuries. (I always found the Horde freakier than the Evil Warriors.)

I do think the name is pretty silly, though.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Great figures, horrible bios - I guess this is Mattel displaying an example of Zodac keeping the cosmic balance? Maybe that example is the real nod to the uber fans, plus the secret of the tying together of things that we were told that fans would like.

Terrible bio and name for Hordak.
    ne jabba no badda!

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    I get the feeling that POP will fit in where they only have the enemies they had in the toy line. So Catra and Entrapta will be who she fights. I don't recall her fighting the Horde in her mini comics.
    Catra identified herself as being associated with The Horde in the mini-comics, but seemed to be pretty independent. There were also Horde Troopers in the mini-comic that came with figures such as Netossa and Spinnerella.

Quote Originally Posted by joe-or View Post
    Great figures, horrible bios
    Agree-

I started ignoring the bios back with Skeletor's release- they just seem to be getting worse and worse with each subsequent release (IMO). A fresh take on continuity is fine but I just wish more thought/creativity went into it. I'm not expecting Wuthering Heights, lol, but something above the level of a Bazooka Joe bubble gum comic storyline would be nice.

The bios are ok for the most part, I like the combining of canons etc but the new stuff they add doesn't feel all that well thought out or interesting. not only that the hordak one feels poorly worded as well. not to mention Hek-tor being a terrible 'real name' in place of hordak. I liked Beast Man's name I even liked Mer-Man's but this one is REALLY reaching. my only fear is that they try to use this stuff for a new movie or cartoon, if it stays on the card backs then fine, I'm starting to think we should be happy we aren't getting mini comics considering the quality of the writing on these bios.

no offense to anyone named Hector, it's a fine name for a regular human, but for me, it really diminishes the allure of the character Hordak. King Hiss's real name is going to be Ir-Ving.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I appreciate the bios and have no real problem with anything they've done so far. It gives us an added element to talk about aside from sculpt/paint/packaging/etc.

On there own they are fine, it's only when compared or when trying to make them fit into other canons that the doors open for dissatisfaction.

I think Mattel has made clear and set the expectation that these are just a way to try and blend some things together and bring some new elements into focus while also appreciating elements of the other canons as well.

What is known is that there is no single canon and this is it's own, inspired by the previous as well as introducing new elements. Change is the true story of MOTU, has been since Filmation altered the comic story and created a new MOTU universe. Each new canon takes a bit, leaves a bit and adds a bit. It's fun IMO.

it's the bad names man. Hec-tor takes the cake. I don't mind trying to unify cannons but the cases where a real name isn't necessary or the real name is sillier than the name we all know, that is where it just gets bad IMO.

I also don't think these are written well. not so much the ideas that they merge, but the writing of them is kind of bad. Evil Leader of the Evil horde shows a POOR grasp of writing technique. what's wrong with ruthless? esp since it's an ADULT line.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    But he's EVIL! It shows how much more evil he is than Skeletor, because Hordak has evil twice in his tagline!

J/k. I agree with you completely. The more I look at the writing, the more overdone it seems.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

So far I like all the 'names' but I find them to be more of an afterthought, and I could take 'em or leave 'em.

If they hadn't included them, I wouldn't have missed them, but since they did, I find that they add something. What that something is, I don't know, but I like it.

We embrace "Keldor" because it has ties to the original minicomics, most of these new ones do not, and that, for me is a good reason to give them something, other than a name that describes their 'power'.

up until this point, I was left thinking "What were these Eternian parents thinking?", but that was before I knew Stinkor's real name was Oediphus.
    if you don't like it, ignore it.

Call him Hordak.

I like it, and I think it fits.

The way I see it, his name is Hordak, but he was originally called Hek-Tor. That doesn't lessen the impact of 'Hordak' a bit. and it says Hordak on the front of the card. I could understand if this thing was marketed AS Hek-Tor, but as it stands you can pretend it's not even there.
    Agree 100%.