Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    Stratos was with Randor before he became King, so I think 17 and 18 should be switched (if you're using the elements from MYP) ... Also, I think Mer-Man was with Keldor before the assault on the Hall of Wisdom, but I'd have to re-check that episode. At the very least, he was with Keldor before Evil-Lyn, and she was with them during that attack.
    I didn't used MYP elements cause once that door is open it snowballs quickly. I can't wait to see how this plays all out

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    PaTrIcKfOgArTy thank you for that excellent breakdown of the chronology of events from this new continuity! When it is spelled out this way it doesn't seam that bad. I think 22,23, 24 should be before 19 Adam always get's his power as a response to Skeletor's first assault on Eternia/Grayskull, and I think it's safe to assume Mer-Man was in on the first assault. 27 should probably be between 19 and 20. Especially if the plot line of the power sword halves are resolved at that point. I also agree with j-bird assessment that 17 and 18 should be reversed. The wording Of Statos bio is that he knows Randor before he meets He-Man.
    Thanks! Glad you like, I'm just truly trying to enjoy this canon and for me, I have to just let it be it's own thing, unfolding bio by bio. I'm not married to anything from the past and so I'm enjoying it much more now.

I agree with you totally BUT to reverse 17 & 18 would be guessing though since we really have no idea in this continuity it that is truly the case. We just know that Strato's allies with King Randor; so King Randor has to become a King for that statement to make sense as of now.

Same with the 22,23,24 coming before 19 - total guessing at this point if we are to truly be starting over from scratch.

Just trying to be totally black and white right now with what we know versus anything else, though I do think your suggestions make the most sense as well. We'll see

I think the name is GREAT!
    ...but honestly, I thought it was a joke when Uki first pointed it out to me.
    Maybe if we lived in ancient Greek times, the name would have a different meaning vs. today (Hispanic, Latino, ???)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    ...I imagine Zodac only received a last name because his first name isn't simply a descriptive title of who he is or what his abilities are. Hordak is less so based on the "Horde", "Horde Prime", etc. Regardless of what his original name is, he's still Hordak so I guess I don't see the big deal?
    Very good point.
    After being introduce to Horde Prime, I saw the name Hordak as more of a title/rank, kinda like Baron or Knight.

...I wouldn't mind Ram Man or Fisto having birth names like Man-At-Arms, that makes sense. Why they felt the need to give Hordak a real name when they left Stratos untouched boggles the mind.
    ***see above response

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    ...Are there Hispanic-like people on Eternia? We know they have black and Asian-like people. If there are, Hec-tor definitely sounds like he's one.
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I got 2 words for you...RIO BLAST...lol.
    ...don't forget Count Marzo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I also find it funny in his bio that Hec-Tor took the name Hordak. It's like a kid named Francis tellling all the kids at school to call him Snake.
    Bad guys, for some reason, seam to always do this . They'll go through some kind of transformation, then they take on a name or are given one.

One of my big questions is how does (6) "King Grayskull masters the secret power of his sword" but then later (8) "preserves his [king grayskull] powers inside his sword" What is the source of "THE POWER" and what role does the Council of Elder's serve in all this if they are not the source of "THE POWER"?
    He-Ro's cosmic looking Sword of Power might solve that. I hope He-Ro's bio will explain the Source of Grayskull's Power
    Could it be that the Power Sword has a bit of "The One Ring" from Lord of the Rings, in that it can contain/preserve the essence of it's owner?

King Grayskull learns that his sword can preserve his pureness of spirit after his demise, then after his battle with Hordak, actually uses the swords ability to store his power for his descendents to use.

I'm not fond of the whole Hec-Tor-Kur thing, but that's easily ignored, love the rest, especially Hordaks artwork. To me, Hordak was always a sorcerer, not a technoshapeshifter.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Here's the bio for Man-At-Arms

Man-At-Arms® Bio

For two centuries, the Eternian weapons master and combat instructor to the royal family has been called the “Man-At-Arms®.” Trained by the renowned tactician Dekker™ and a veteran of the Great Unrest, Duncan™ was asked by King Randor™ to step into this position and fortify his guard with an elite strike force, which he named The Masters of the Universe®. In addition to his skills in combat, Duncan™ is also a great inventor and helped construct an electronic version of the Power Sword® for Adam to use until he could unite both halves of the sword of King Grayskull™. Man-At-Arms® and his adopted daughter Teela® often scout the borders of Eternia® for signs of lurking evil.

Thanks! I updated the first post

YES!!! They have finally nailed a bio. And the inclution of the powersword is a great gesture to the 200x continuity.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I like this bio too - love the fact that they've worked in the electronic power sword. As usual though it creates more questions. When was the Great Unrest and was he trained by Dekker before or after it? When did Ducan adopt Teela? So many questions - can't wait for the Tri-Klops bio!

Dito. No silly name additions and a well-done combination of all important elements from his origin.

Well done, Mattel!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I'm with you guys; this bio is really good. It might be the strongest to date.

As I said in another thread, Man-At-Arms is pretty much perfect from figure to accessories to bio.

I think MAA's bio is the best so far! I love the way they've worked in the "200X Power Sword"! As Eric said, the figure is perfect from figure, to accessories to bio.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I just read the bio again, and the part about Teela being Duncan's adopted daughter got me thinking about who her father will be in the MOTUC bios.

With how unpopular the choice of Fisto was in 200X (or at least how unpopular it seemed), I'd be mildly surprised if they went with that again. But then, if it's not Duncan, I don't see how it could be anyone other than Fisto.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I just read the bio again, and the part about Teela being Duncan's adopted daughter got me thinking about who her father will be in the MOTUC bios.

With how unpopular the choice of Fisto was in 200X (or at least how unpopular it seemed), I'd be mildly surprised if they went with that again. But then, if it's not Duncan, I don't see how it could be anyone other than Fisto.

What do you guys think?
    Maybe it'll never be told, like in the original line?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Teela's father? Who cares! They forgot to mention MAA being intimate with the Sorceress!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Maybe it'll never be told, like in the original line?
    That would be cool, as I like the idea of leaving things unsaid or to the imagination.

But given the precedent set thus far (like Skeletor merging with Demo-Man instead of an unknown creature in Despondos), they seem to be taking the route of explaining everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm with you guys; this bio is really good. It might be the strongest to date.
    Nah, I give that award to my personal favorite bio, Tri-Klops'!

Mind you, I can do without his "new name", but insofar as bios go, this one keeps all the flavor of the original intact while melding it to this new MOTUC mythos in a totally painless manner for me. No mention of him being an inventor, I like the idea of him being blinded in battle and having to wear the visor that enhances his pre-existing tracking skills... and am 100% satisfied with him being relegated to a more bounty hunter/barbarian role than the evil version of Man-At-Arms. Save the inventing for a guy who's done to the hilt with (what I like to imagine are self-inflicted) mechanical parts, like Trap Jaw
    Last edited by zodak74; February 24, 2011 at 06:51pm.

Updated first post with the Tri-Klops bio

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Teela's father? Who cares! They forgot to mention MAA being intimate with the Sorceress!
    But he was never intimate with the Sorceress...the deed was done way before MAA showed up.

I wonder will they go with the mystical clone mini-comic version or go with the 200X (and Filmation) version? I just hope they keep the identity of Teela's father secret and not make it Fisto.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post

Mind you, I can do without his "new name", but insofar as bios go, this one keeps all the flavor of the original intact while melding it to this new MOTUC mythos in a totally painless manner for me. No mention of him being an inventor, I like the idea of him being blinded in battle and having to wear the visor that enhances his pre-existing tracking skills... and am 100% satisfied with him being relegated to a more bounty hunter/barbarian role than the evil version of Man-At-Arms. Save the inventing for a guy who's done to the hilt with (what I like to imagine are self-inflicted) mechanical parts, like Trap Jaw
    About Tri-Klops...the Faker bio never says that Trydor himself (more on this in a minute) rebuilt Faker. Tri-Klops only found him. And it fits because he's their spy guy.

As for Trydor's name, I like the Trydor part. Since he isn't a native Eternian, I think he could actually get away with that full name.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 29, 2009 at 10:34pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Nah, I give it back to Man-At-Arms. I think the name for Tri-Klops is horrible, 'nuff said

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Distavision? It's cheesy enough to fit the 80s but still sounds like kids and chimps are coming up with these names!

Scope! Ha! I'm sure he got beat up a lot as a kid.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Distavision? It's cheesy enough to fit the 80s but still sounds like kids and chimps are coming up with these names!

Scope! Ha! I'm sure he got beat up a lot as a kid.
    Distavision... sounds familiar? Wasn't that from the mini-comics or something? I'm pretty sure that's not a new thing....

It's quite funny. I can't remember anybody who ever liked the real names Michael Halperin gave some characters in the Filmation Bibel. The overwhelming majority seemed rather happy that those names never were used. And now, Mattel digs out that silly T.E. Scope and even tries to make it sound better by adding equally silly forenames.

On the good side, I'm happy that they've given him back his minicomic origin (though I prefer him to be a native Eternian) complete with the mercenary persona and erased most of the "Icons of Evil" origin (never liked that). Not as good as Man-At-Arms' bio, but one of the better ones nonetheless!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Personally, I love the idea of faker getting hold of the electronic power sword to tap into he-man's powers and become the most powerful ROBOT in the universe

I must say that Tri-Klops' Bio is the first one I reallly like. It is all good. MAA's Bio is also very well written, except for the part about the "Masters of the Universe." Calling a group of elite-warriors "Masters of the Universe" is just lame IMO. And it devalues the evil dudes too. To me these people are all fighting a fight to decide who becomes the Master of the Universe, and thus they are the Masters of the Universe
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    I must say that Tri-Klops' Bio is the first one I reallly like. It is all good. MAA's Bio is also very well written, except for the part about the "Masters of the Universe." Calling a group of elite-warriors "Masters of the Universe" is just lame IMO. And it devalues the evil dudes too. To me these people are all fighting a fight to decide who becomes the Master of the Universe, and thus they are the Masters of the Universe
    exxxaaaaccctly... I've always thought of it as an umbrella heading that ALL of the characters on every side fell under, as it's been a battle to gain control of Castle Grayskull thus becoming the true MOTU... etc etc.
    I hate that it's become this phrase to describe the good guys that fight via King Randor's kingdom. Blah... That's at least something the Filmation cartoon avoided doing... giving the group of heroes the title "Masters Of The Universe".