Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

If Zodac was sent out to maintain neutrality, and He-Ro was sent out to combat evil, maybe there will be a third sent out to combat good.

Sounds kinda crazy, but it makes sense in some ways, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed by He-Ro's bio. No mention of Sharella, they changed his name from Gray to Ro, and now The Most Powerful Wizard In The Universe is reduced to a mere cosmic warrior, who takes his orders from Orko's people and couldn't even cure a virus without help.
    The techno virus is most likely a way to explain the robotic dinosaurs from Powers of Grayskull

If that's what they're going for, I'd rather they saved that techno virus explanation for the dinosaurs bios.

No mention of He-Ro's powers or abilities on his bio at all, and still lots of unanswered questions. If he's not from Eternia then what planet is he from? And what about his staff, was that a gift from the Trollans too?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If that's what they're going for, I'd rather they saved that techno virus explanation for the dinosaurs bios.
    IF we get those bio-dinosaurs in MOTUC. I'm not sure if there is any demand.

No mention of He-Ro's powers or abilities on his bio at all, and still lots of unanswered questions. If he's not from Eternia then what planet is he from? And what about his staff, was that a gift from the Trollans too?
    Something ELSE that's weird is if the OOT (Overlords of Trolla) recruited Zodac to maintain neutrality throughout the universe, how are they going to Give the Sword of Life to He-Ro so he can "go forth and combat evil"?

Are the OOT neurtal or are they good? Were they good once, but changed to more hardened viewpoints after He-Ro and Grayskull's deaths?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    If the Overlords of Trolls are tasked with maintaining neutrality throughout the universe why did they ask Ro to go forth and combat evil. That seems to be a very sided command imo.
    Nope. I think this means that the evil guys (the Horde, The SnakeMen..) were winning ,then the OOT sent He-RO to balance the things...IMO
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

Yes, now we do need an cosmic enforcer that aids evil.

I do not like the OoT-concept. So far it seems that if they gave He-Ro the sword, then they have the ultimate power. Thus they would be the real Masters of the Universe doing what is necessary tp keep the balance of the fighting forces to maintain control. It just doesn't feel right.

I hope these bios do not reflect the direction where MOTU is heading in the future (i.e the possible live-action film).

MegaGearMax - My father used this old proverb often: "a disappointment is a wrongly set expectation." I agree with you that there is a lot of comparison going on and people (me included) are destined to be disappointed.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    My father used this old proverb often: "a disappointment is a wrongly set expectation." Heidi
    I am going to use that at work!

... The Most Powerful Wizard In The Universe is reduced to a mere cosmic warrior, who takes his orders from Orko's people ..:
    Trollans don't have to be Orkos people. Just as Eternians aren't all the same species either The Council of Elders had different species too.
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; June 9, 2009 at 04:22pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Something ELSE that's weird is if the OOT (Overlords of Trolla) recruited Zodac to maintain neutrality throughout the universe, how are they going to Give the Sword of Life to He-Ro so he can "go forth and combat evil"?

Are the OOT neurtal or are they good? Were they good once, but changed to more hardened viewpoints after He-Ro and Grayskull's deaths?
    I would like to go on record as saying I LOVE the Techno-saurs.... They were Awesome! I never got the T-rex, but the Triceratops and Pterodactlye were some of my favorite toys.

Just something about He-man punching out Dinosaurs... THAT is the definition of the most powerful man in the Universe!

Does that mean I want the toys in MOTUC... Well.. Actually yes. However I doubt that we'll ever see them due tothe amount of tooling needed. There were other cool vehicle things that should come first. However Storylinewise... There is no reason to get rid of the dinos in pre-eternia... Keep them in the story.

As for the Trollans... I'm now beginning to see Orko in a whole new light. The Good Trollan's send He-ro to help the good guys.

The Neutral Trollan's send Zodac to make sure the side stay balanced (which if the sword came from them... it explains why Zodac is interested in the battle for it....)

The Bad Trollan's sent Orko to the good guys to keep them from being to effective at any given time. I'm seeing him as an all powerful trollan overlord who is there to keep the good guys in check... but without actively helping the Evil Warriors...

With all these powerful overlords of trolla, and these powerful swords, anyone else feel Castle Greyskull has lost the ultimate power it once had.

With all these powerful overlords of trolla, and these powerful swords, anyone else feel Castle Greyskull has lost the ultimate power it once had.
    Not when it's all their power and then some that your pumping into the Castle.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    yes.

Of course I've kind of felt that way since they showed the castle all shiny and new, and implied that King Grayskull started it all.

I've had to abandon continuity and make a whole bunch of mental changes just to keep the mystery alive

You do know that Castle Grayskull became less important as the ultimate power at the end of the line in the 80's when the towers of Eternia were introduced? They seemed far more powerfull then Castle Grayskull.

Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I hope we at least get Turbodactyl. To me, that's He-Ro's steed, and just as important for him as Battle Cat & Swift Wind are for He-Man & She-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    If Zodac was sent out to maintain neutrality, and He-Ro was sent out to combat evil, maybe there will be a third sent out to combat good.

i, for one, like the way you think sir!!

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Yes, now we do need an cosmic enforcer that aids evil.

I do not like the OoT-concept. So far it seems that if they gave He-Ro the sword, then they have the ultimate power. Thus they would be the real Masters of the Universe doing what is necessary tp keep the balance of the fighting forces to maintain control. It just doesn't feel right.
    \

Heidi
    i have always said....it always come back to orko. don't mess with the "O"
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

i, for one, like the way you think sir!!
    Thanks.

As I said, it sounds kind of crazy, but it also makes sense if the Overlords of Trolla truly are seeking balance.

I also think it's a pretty original idea. Sending out heroes and neutral parties to maintain balance has been done, but intentionally sending out a villain? That'd be a first and proof positive of them not being good or bad.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Well, I don´t like the He-Ro´s bio. So at this point, you can see the original concept for He-Ro in the vintage line.

I want to point the facts that makes He-Ro an important character in MOTU mythos:

- He-Ro is the "The Most Powerful Wizard in the Universe".
    - When King Grayskull died, He-ro transferred the mystical energies of Grayskull with his magical powers into the Power Sword.
    - King Grayskull, He-Ro, Eldor, the Green Sorceress were the first Masters of the Universe.
    - He-Ro with the others Masters of Preternia builded the Grayskull Castle in order to protect the Power Sword. He used the skull form of the castle in order to avoid people from the castle.
    - Real Name: Gray (Castle Grayskull have his name because of him). People used to name the castle "the Gray´s skull" to later become "the Castle Grayskull".
    - Hi sword is called the Sword of Universe and have powers about life and death.
    - He-Ro kepts at bay the Snakemen.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    @Snake Hunter - that certainly sounds like and awesome He-Ro! Too bad Mattel decided to go elsewhere with him. Regardless of his bio... I really want to get this figure to stand next to King Grayskull on my shelf.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

I'm pretty disappointed by He-Ro's bio. No mention of Sharella, they changed his name from Gray to Ro, and now The Most Powerful Wizard In The Universe is reduced to a mere cosmic warrior, who takes his orders from Orko's people and couldn't even cure a virus without help.
    It was hinted way back when the Vol. 2 of the MYP series was released. It says the Hordak, the younger brother of Horde Prime came to Eternia while chasing the Cosmic Warrior, He-Ro.

I don't remember the fan's reactions, but I'm sure there was as much complaining then as now.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    @Snake Hunter - that certainly sounds like and awesome He-Ro! Too bad Mattel decided to go elsewhere with him. Regardless of his bio... I really want to get this figure to stand next to King Grayskull on my shelf.
    King Grayskull's going next to my 200X collection; He-Ro's going to be He-Man's ancestor in my universe, with his original backstory.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

I personally use my Zodac as "evil cosmic enforcer", it seems so much more exciting. In my "Universe", he was neutral, but Skeletor and Evil Lyn turned him bad.

And as I've said before on other threads, how does "neutral" work anyway?! Like, if He-Man is being ultra-Heroic, does Zodac go and help Skeletor?!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    And as I've said before on other threads, how does "neutral" work anyway?! Like, if He-Man is being ultra-Heroic, does Zodac go and help Skeletor?!
    Actually, that's what he's done at least in the German audio plays. Sometimes, he helped He-Man and sometimes he helped Skeletor.

Personally, I'm going as far as saying that it was Zodac who split the Power Sword in two halves, so that neither Good nor Evil could gain a huge advantage by wielding such a powerful weapon.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Which would make one think that Zodak has a serious problem with MAA creating a fake (200X) Powersword with which to tap the power of Grayskull...

Now, in regards to the mystery of Grayskull (and the preservation thereof), what about this:

Grayskull stands at a point of cosmic leylines, perhaps. ts location alone is a source of power. (Of course, Eternia rotates...)

Or...

Grayskull houses God's library of sorts, all of the knowledge of the Universe (Crystal Skull aliens, anyone?) and we all know, knowledge is Power...

Or...

The skull motif of the castle is that of a Trollan, ala the Trollan Overlords.

Either way, what it seems is that He-Ro brings the sword to Eternia, befriends King Grayskull, and upon ther respective deaths, their powers are stored in the castle. Did the castle have any importance prior to their adventures in this new mythology?

I like to think that Grayskull is and always will be the most important aspect of the property. No matter what new ideas are introduced into the story, I hope Mattel pays ample respect to that idea. He-Ro can be from elsewhere and have amazing Power from the sword of He, Grayskull can have great Power, but when all's said and done, I hope it all comes down to the castle...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Ugh. That's another thing I really don't like, which we've discussed before.
    King Grayskull just had the power... that's it, it was just there.

IMO, a much stronger concept is power from inside Castle Grayskull is granted upon a user.

Someone just having the power for no good reason is weak sauce for me.
    That's not a good origin.

King Grayskull: origin of the power, bigger than He-Man, stronger than He-Man, center point of the He-Man legacy.
    I mean no offense to it's creator when I say that King Grayskull comes off as a major Mary Sue legacy.
    But that's the thing, Val; the series got cancelled; we don't fully know what was intended. Maybe there was more to Grayskull; it was after all only explained in about 20 minutes...he wasn't exactly fleshed out more.

And so many posters here are saying they don't want everything revealed, as they'd like some of it to remain a mystery; well, I'm not that type of fan. If there's something worth knowing, dangit, I wanna know!

I also wanted to throw in my two cents about the whole bloodline thing: I actually happen to like it considerably more. The way the other posters, IMO, are discussing it, make it sound like less than more, as understandably it's again not fully fleshed out.

When I first came here over 10 years ago, at around 16-17, my knowledge of MOTU was so rusty, as it'd been years since I'd been into the franchise.

I of course remembered He-Man battling Skeletor. Then I read that he was Keldor, King Randor's brother, who'd dabbled dangerously in black magic and lost his face to it. You have no idea how much depth that added to him, in my mind. Before, he was just some power-hungry freak with a skull face and a muscular body, back when I was a kid. Now, he made sense, and had motives, and a very cool backstory.

Then, I discover that no matter which way ya slice it, Hordak was responsible for making Keldor the skull-faced threat we know today; whether it was initially via Skeletor being in the Horde, merging him with Demo Man, or what have you...and that added major depth to Hordak, for me.

I mean....back then, Hordak was just some other bad guy, leading another group of villains; just an after-thought to keep the line going. Just another cool villain for me to play with at the age of 4. No..no....not now.

No, now, he's a major force to be reckoned with: a mastermind warlock/sorcerer who could technically be considered the "Marvel's Apocalypse" of the MOTU Universe; the great evil who's behind all the trouble that the characters have been dealing with, and are dealing with. In a way, the character that "set in motion" everything the world of Eternia is dealing with today.

Yeah, it's that mind-blowing for me, now.

So for me, this again adds depths I never saw believable at age 4, in '86. And I'm loving every minute of it.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    It is my observation that there is a relationship between how knowledgeable one is about the mythology of Masters of the Universe and how receptive he is to the Masters of the Universe Classics biographies.

Those with a limited knowledge of the property seem to have the least difficulty accepting the "real" names of the characters and their respective biographies, while those with a thorough knowledge of the property seem to have the most difficulty reconciling them with the existing mythology.

In other words, the more one knows about the existing mythology, the harder it is to make these new biographies fit.

No offense, but I think that is a ridiculous observation. So because I'm more open to new directions the story and characters can be taken to, I have "limited" knowledge of the property?

You never considered that some people might actually like the changes?
    There is not a single property in the last 40 years that has seen several releases and stayed exactly the same. Why is it so hard to accept that MOTUC is it's own thing where the stories/characters may be different from what we already know.

It seems nothing Mattel will do is going to be good enough because they are not consulting the mighty knowledge of the "uber-fans" and change things that are not to their liking. But that doesn't give you any right to question other fans on their knowledge or love of the property. IMO, that is just plain insulting.
    It was hard enough to kill a vampire. You could stake them down and turn them into dust and ten years later someone drops a drop of blood in the wrong place and guess who's back? They returned more times than raw broccoli.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)