Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1729

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Gotcha, I didn't recognize the word

    As for the merging... I like it. It explains the alien feet

    After seeing the MYP episode where Hordak turns Keldor into skeletor, I became VERY against the idea of an extra "keldor" head being packaged with Skeletor. The two were very different looks. His feet and hands became more clawlike, and he did more of the hunchback kind of thing... Bonding with extradimensional demon explains that better.

    Also keldor seemed to be more of a "fighter" than the "mage" Skeletor became.

    I admit I like this merging of origins better than I like He-mans. i LOVE the power harness story, but now I'm confused about wether Adam just slipped into the vest and called himself he-man or what? Without the mystical transformation of the sword.... Throws the whole secret ID thing into question.

    A BETTER origin would have been based off a throw away line in Filmation, where He-man comments that Sorceress made his vest from Corrodite, and it enhances his strength!

    So Adam raises his sword/half a sword and becomes He-man. He-man in Corridite vest... MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!

    The vest thing could be tied to the halves of the Power sword. Maybe the sword of Grayskull was lost and the vest was the only way to have He-man. Kind of like what the Horsemen envisioned with the new techno sword. The Sorceress could have made the illusion for the physical appearance of He-man.

    Keldor was a mage too. Read the MvC comics and you'll know what I mean.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

  2. #27
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    656
    The vest is from the original mini-comics. The "Savage" stuff.

    So, if Keldor is in fact blue-skinned and in fact a biological half-brother of Randor... which parent was the freak?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  3. #28
    wants Dragstor!!! Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Plains of Perpetua
    Posts
    13,869
    They share the same father, Captain Miro. Keldor's mother was a Gar.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

  4. #29
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    They share the same father, Captain Miro. Keldor's mother was a Gar.

    Thanks Sir Reilly... so, does that make Miro the freak?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  5. #30
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Thanks Sir Reilly... so, does that make Miro the freak?
    No it makes him a playa!
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    The vest is from the original mini-comics. The "Savage" stuff.
    I know. But obviously you can't have a savage He-man and a Prince Adam. So they have to intertwine it.

    So, if Keldor is in fact blue-skinned and in fact a biological half-brother of Randor... which parent was the freak?
    None of them... It's Eternia..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Throws the whole secret ID thing into question.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, I'm not sure if they're going with a secret ID in this new continuity or not. In some ways I like the idea of him slowly becoming stronger, possibly being trained as well. Gives him a little more depth as a character than just being a spoiled prince who suddenly becomes strong and responsible at the same time.

    I also really never understood the "need" for a secret ID to begin with. Even as a kid I always thought it was silly. Since Skeletor targeted the royal family anyway, who's he protecting? If anything, if Skeletor knew He-Man was a member of the royal family it would deter him from messing with them. Did the MYP show go into that, the need for a secret ID?

  8. #33
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    They share the same father, Captain Miro. Keldor's mother was a Gar.
    A "Gar"? Is that what they call that blue skinned race?

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  9. #34
    Really is Skeletor
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-hero View Post
    I also really never understood the "need" for a secret ID to begin with. Even as a kid I always thought it was silly. Since Skeletor targeted the royal family anyway, who's he protecting? If anything, if Skeletor knew He-Man was a member of the royal family it would deter him from messing with them. Did the MYP show go into that, the need for a secret ID?
    I don't think anything would deter Skeletor. Also, if Skeletor knew He-Man was Prince Adam, wouldn't he focus on getting rid of Adam while he's Adam and not He-Man?
    Tyler J Maciolek

  10. #35
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,604
    I LOVE Skeletor's bio! It's a wonderful blend of old and new and nothing even seems forced with it either! Perfect!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-hero View Post
    I also really never understood the "need" for a secret ID to begin with. Even as a kid I always thought it was silly. Since Skeletor targeted the royal family anyway, who's he protecting? If anything, if Skeletor knew He-Man was a member of the royal family it would deter him from messing with them. Did the MYP show go into that, the need for a secret ID?
    If Skeletor knew Adam was He-man he would eventually find out where his power comes from. And if he knows He-man uses the power of the elders or Grayskull then the sword would become a target. In none of the cartoons Skeletor knew the sword was the catalyst for He-mans power.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

  12. #37
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    If Skeletor knew Adam was He-man he would eventually find out where his power comes from. And if he knows He-man uses the power of the elders or Grayskull then the sword would become a target. In none of the cartoons Skeletor knew the sword was the catalyst for He-mans power.
    IIRC, doesn't Skeletor know He-Man uses the Elder's power for various things anyway? The only thing he doesn't know about is He-Man is a powerd-up Adam.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    IIRC, doesn't Skeletor know He-Man uses the Elder's power for various things anyway? The only thing he doesn't know about is He-Man is a powerd-up Adam.
    In which series did he know? maybe in some comics but I can't remember Skeletor being after the sword.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

  14. #39
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    In which series did he know? maybe in some comics but I can't remember Skeletor being after the sword.
    In the toons, I didn't think he was after He-Man's sword per se, but Grayskull itself. I thought Skeletor was around for some of the times that He-Man invoked it's power (i.e., opening the Jawbridge). I'm probably mistaken though.

    Now in other media, he coveted He-Man's sword.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  15. #40
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,979
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-hero View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking, I'm not sure if they're going with a secret ID in this new continuity or not. In some ways I like the idea of him slowly becoming stronger, possibly being trained as well. Gives him a little more depth as a character than just being a spoiled prince who suddenly becomes strong and responsible at the same time.

    I also really never understood the "need" for a secret ID to begin with. Even as a kid I always thought it was silly. Since Skeletor targeted the royal family anyway, who's he protecting? If anything, if Skeletor knew He-Man was a member of the royal family it would deter him from messing with them. Did the MYP show go into that, the need for a secret ID?
    I've always argued that the MAIN need for him (and any super powered person esp one who is really strong) to have a secret ID is so he can get some chance at resting. I'm the strongest of my friends so they are always asking me to help them move and lift heavy things etc - imaigne I was HE-MAN! hell it would get DAMn annoying - it does already and I have no super powers! so safety issues aside it's about having some kind of downtime IMO.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I've always argued that the MAIN need for him (and any super powered person esp one who is really strong) to have a secret ID is so he can get some chance at resting. I'm the strongest of my friends so they are always asking me to help them move and lift heavy things etc - imaigne I was HE-MAN! hell it would get DAMn annoying - it does already and I have no super powers! so safety issues aside it's about having some kind of downtime IMO.
    Exactly! As was seen in at least MYP he couldn't stay as He-man forever. Enough damage or exertion and he changed back. Regardless, there may be a time he wants to SLEEP without Ninjor cutting his throat

    Also being the cowardly Adam was a GREAT way to avoid being killed outright. If anything happens to the king, ADAM becomes king! He'll be easy to deal with

    Also you would have to worry about things like "Change back to Adam, toss me the sword, or Trap Jaw cuts Teela in half. NOW!"

    Secret IDs are incredibly usefull

  17. #42
    The Line of Eld Lioncourt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Better here than Privet Drive
    Posts
    9,230
    Really awesome bios, IMO. I love the merging of stories, and this is something I've done for my own MotU mythos for years. In fact, the story as it is laid out so far almost exactly follows my own personal MotU universe, so I'm really pleased there.

    Very curious where the name for Beast-Man came from, but I think it is fantastic. I hate that so many of the characters never had proper names in the original MotU.

    " … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

    { @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }
    19

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,130
    As far as I know, it's never been discussed, but here's a question for everyone:

    What's King Grayskull's real name?

    Is he Grayskull of the house of So-and-So? Or is he So-and-So Grayskull? Or is he just King Grayskull? Or is he something else entirely?

    Inquiring minds want to know...

  19. #44
    Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    1,852
    I like the secret identity a lot actually. I think it really helps to add layers of dimension and insight into Adam and his struggles with clearly doing the right thing always as He-Man but then having moments of resentment and frustration for having to be He-Man and the responsibilities that entails. I think MYP really did a good job at times at adding this layer of depth to Adam and how it affected every relationship he has.

    With this new bio and vest thing, I'm choosing to believe he fought wearing his vest (the pink one) as a force field kinda thing...perhaps Man-At-Arms created it as armor for him. I also think he carry's around the whole power sword which is one piece that many many years ago was once two pieces.

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,254
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i really like skeletor's bio. it combines alot of dif elements.


    i am not too crazy of the addition to he-man's that talks about the vest. seems to "huh?" to the casual and not so casual fan.

    beast man's inclusion of an actual name is also odd. where did the name come from? if this is something completely new and out of left field i would have to say:
    A why even bother? why not make his name beast man ssince that is what he is referred to.

    B if he has to have a real name can it be something i could pronounce without it sounding like i am a cat with a hairball on the way?
    howabout because this is Mattel's property and they can do whatever they want with it?

    if it says his name is Raqquill Rqazz, then his name is Raqquill Rqazz.

    as for Grayskull, perhaps that's a tribal name, like "Wind Runner", or "Sleeping Bear"?
    Last edited by capitalzero; December 10, 2008 at 02:59pm.

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    As far as I know, it's never been discussed, but here's a question for everyone:

    What's King Grayskull's real name?

    Is he Grayskull of the house of So-and-So? Or is he So-and-So Grayskull? Or is he just King Grayskull? Or is he something else entirely?

    Inquiring minds want to know...
    I think it's just King Grayskull much like Carnivous.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

  22. #47
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,742
    I am warming up more and more to the new mthology Mattel is building, but do you know what would really help cement it in place?

    New mini-comics...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I think it's just King Grayskull much like Carnivous.
    I think so, too, but here's another question: was he named for the castle, or was the castle named for him?

  24. #49
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I think so, too, but here's another question: was he named for the castle, or was the castle named for him?
    I would guess that he built the castle and named it after himself as the head of his kingdom.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I would guess that he built the castle and named it after himself as the head of his kingdom.
    Seems kind of scary and dark of a place for a guy like KG to have built. He was portrayed as the ultimate good guy, but chose to built a castle with big gaping skull?? I hope that's not what happened.

    The more I think about him, the less I like King Grayskull as a character. Having it be HIS power makes He-man (the main hero) a pale imitation of KG. Cool as it was when I first saw it... Its worn out its welcome.

    Make him a seperate character who possibly reached higher potential or what not, but not in an overshadowing way. KG was bigger, his cat was bigger, he could fight the entire Horde by himself, what's the point of this pansy He-man?!?!

    If I were writing the story.... I would have had him named after the castle. If he had a "regular" name its been lost to history. KG would be the first defender of the secrets of Castle Grayskull (remember there was a sorceress back then too). The castles origins should ALWAYS be shrouded in mystery. I don't want to see anyone laying the bricks for it. It always was and always will be. Originally KG was just permentaly enchanted, but after he fell his sorceress bound the power to grayskull's sword to honor him forevermore.

    As a seperate note it bugs me when ordinary people do things outside their power. What part of being superstrong lets him choose to put his power into a sword for descendents..... He wasn't a mage or anything. Its when ordinary people start shouting out prophecy that every takes seriously that I start to roll my eyes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •