Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

I like that Adora's bio makes mention of the sword being a KEY to unlock power. Not the SOURCE of the power. It makes more sense why there could be two. I mean, even I have two car keys.
    I can live with Etheria being in Despondos, I think I kinda like it..
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    As for the Power, I believe the power dwells inside Castle Grayskull. In the 200X cartoon, the power is revealed to be an orb buried deep inside a crystal chamber with bottomless pits.

It also brings up the reason why Adam and Adora have to say "Grayskull" to activate the power.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Does anyone know where Adora's bio picture came from?

It's from the licensing guide. It's because of that picture that it was possible for them to make Adora with that look. The same guide also contains many more POP characters in Filmation style. But Adora is the only Filmation-only character over there unfortunately. The Licensing guide is not to be confused with the Style guide.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Thanks Arthur. I guess the blue background must be new though, as the licensing guide pictures just has the characters.

I don't think I've actually seen the style guide, does anyone have pics?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Thanks Arthur. I guess the blue background must be new though, as the licensing guide pictures just has the characters.

I don't think I've actually seen the style guide, does anyone have pics?

Thanks for posting that AdamOP! Does that mean that all of the design shown in that video are OK for MOTUC? If so, that is incredibly, wickedly awesome!!!

Also, I have to say that I LOVE Adora's Bio. The magically cloned sword explains why there could be two, and I like that Adora's is augmented with the stone of Protection. (Was that one of He-Ro's spellstones? I fail to recall at the moment, although I don't think it was.) The fact that Etheria is in Despondos is exactly what I was hoping for, since it allows for pretty much all aspects of POP to becounted in. I am a very happy She-Raver right now, and I love the direction in which this points us.

I really want to flesh out the intricacies of the Power. He-Ro's bio led me to think that the sword was the only really important element, although mention of the Council's power has been ade as well. Was Grayskull important before the Sword of He was hidden deep within? I like to think that it was.
    Last edited by Uki; November 7, 2009 at 12:53pm.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Ah, so Etheria is in the dimension of Despondos, which means, Despondos is not a planet but a seperate universe by itself. Interesting...
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    It's from the licensing guide. It's because of that picture that it was possible for them to make Adora with that look. The same guide also contains many more POP characters in Filmation style. But Adora is the only Filmation-only character over there unfortunately. The Licensing guide is not to be confused with the Style guide.
    So, does that mean that She-Ra cannot be released in her Filmation likeness?

Adam_Portugal:

I've seen those pictures before, they're from the Licensing guide. I thought the Style guide was a different thing? Or are the two guides in fact one-and-the-same?
    Last edited by RocketPunch; November 8, 2009 at 04:28pm.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Ah, so Etheria is in the dimension of Despondos, which means, Despondos is not a planet but a seperate universe by itself. Interesting...
    Maybe Etheria wasn't always in Despondos, but was somehow sucked in by the Horde--similar to how MVC wanted Eternia to be trapped within Despondos.

That could also explain why the Sorceress could not locate Adora in her years of searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    Maybe Etheria wasn't always in Despondos, but was somehow sucked in by the Horde--similar to how MVC wanted Eternia to be trapped within Despondos.

That could also explain why the Sorceress could not locate Adora in her years of searching.
    That's a good explanation, and could give the Rebellion a 2nd reason to fight, not only do they want to overthrough the Horde, but they also want to return Etheria to where it belongs!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Where's Battle Cat's bio in this thread?

Oh, and the other night, I edited all of the Bios together, picking each apart and trying to put them into some sort of chronilogical order in a semblance of streaming narrative. I avoided adding any personal flourishes or filling in gaps with anything not officially mentioned so far. I'll post it another day...
    Last edited by Uki; December 7, 2009 at 06:09pm.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Where's Battle Cat's bio in this thread?

Oh, and the other night, I edited sll of the Bios together, picking each apart and trying to put them into some sort of chronilogical order in a semblance of streaming narrative. I avoided adding any personal flourishes or filling in gaps with anything not officially mentioned so far. I'll post it another day...
    I wait anxiously for you to post it

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'm also wondering what this style guide/liscensing guide thing is. What can MOTUC use and what can't they use? My quick logic is that anything made into a toy in the past can be made into a toy now. But, anything coming from the cartoon, not made into a toy is not useable. Is that right?

Here is the Princess of Power licensing guide:

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/pop/l...ngpopindex.htm

It gives access to all POP figures that were made as figures and Adora. The good thing about this guide is that all figures with the exception of Swiftwind, Arrow and the Crystal Castle are portrayed with their Filmation look which means that Mattel can make Filmation She-Ra, Catra, Glimmer, Bow, Adora etc. This does not necessarily mean that they will be released like that. Toyguru said that whether a figure will be made as portrayed in the licensing guide or they will inspire themselves to the toys will be decided on a figure by figure basis. For instance in the MOTU licensing guide Hordak is blue but they did the grey one.

The style guide is off limits (as far as we know). It portrays all POP figures including those that were never released as figures like Shadow Weaver. Mattel has said that they do not have access to those figures.
    Last edited by Arthur; December 7, 2009 at 10:54am.

Ok, so the licencing guide is fair game. Does anyone have a link to the off-limits style guide? I don't think i've ever seen it.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Updated first post with Battle Cat's bio (sorry for the delay, I've been out of town)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Portugal View Post
    This is the liscensing guide not the style guide

Somebody posted a link to the style guide some time ago. I believe it was AlessadraF. Unfortunately I can't find that post anymore.

The missing word in the Battle Cat bio is parek-narr. There is a picture of the creature somewhere over here. It's a dinosaur like creature.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    This thread is getting too much bigger. It must be sticked and separated the bios in Heroic Warriors, Evil Warriors, Evil Horde, Preternian Masters and all the factions in order to make it easier to search a bio.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    This thread is getting too much bigger. It must be sticked and separated the bios in Heroic Warriors, Evil Warriors, Evil Horde, Preternian Masters and all the factions in order to make it easier to search a bio.
    All the Bio`s are posted in the first post on page 1 of this thread

Parek-Narr. Sounds like a Star Wars creature to me. (That's not a bad thing, I love SW!)

Oh, and Arthur, my mother's family is from Malta! I would love to travel there sometime!

Oh, and I'm at my parents' house right now, so I can't post that narrative I mentioned above.

Patrick, thanks for posting Battle Cat's bio, by the way!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Updated first post with Wun-dar and Trap Jaw's bio

I was originally against Wun-Dar's bio but it has grown on me. Trap-Jaw's bio is just like reading a condensed version of the Icons of Evil comic