Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 1753

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Scenic Idaho!
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    In which series did he know? maybe in some comics but I can't remember Skeletor being after the sword.
    Wasn't there a filmation episode where Skeletor tries to merge the two halves of the power sword, but it doesn't work? I seem to remember that, and He-Man telling Skeletor that the good half of the sword won't allow itself to be used for evil.

    Anyone else remember that?

  2. #77
    The Great Eternal! GrtEternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Posts
    9,524
    Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    Wasn't there a filmation episode where Skeletor tries to merge the two halves of the power sword, but it doesn't work? I seem to remember that, and He-Man telling Skeletor that the good half of the sword won't allow itself to be used for evil.

    Anyone else remember that?
    You're probably thinking about the episode "Masks of Power". The Sword of The Ancients merge with the Sword of Power at the end.

    But then it could be one of the classic books by Golden.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

    *****************************

    "Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

    *****************************

    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

  3. #78
    Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    1,852
    Updated original post to now include the bio for Stratos!

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior hawggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Updated original post to now include the bio for Stratos!
    HA!!! At last!! They admit he is a flying Monkey!!


  5. #80
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    132
    Don't care for the bio for Faker at all! Liked the Idea that he was purely a creation of Skeletor much more.

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior Power Sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Almaden Mountains
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    In the new toon, the robot was left outside of Snake Mountain, where it can be assumed the Evil Warriors came upon it and would have eventually put him to use as Faker-with obvious problems as far as color correction.
    That's right. The robot was left outside of Snake Mountain. When the robot hologram flickered out, that's when he turned Faker colors. Skeletor & his minions could've gotten the robot working again with the correct He-Man color, but while posing as He-Man, Faker could get damaged & his colors would get thrown off, revealing that he is not the real He-Man. Skeletor could say, "Screw it" & have a program designed to simulate his own armor over Faker & present him as his own evil robot.

    I'm sure the writers could write something way better than me on how Faker became Faker but that's how I see the "evil robot" working from the MYP 'toon.

  7. #82
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Stratos - Winged Warrior
    Real Name: Stratos of the House of Avion


    Lord of Avion, a civilization of winged simians who live high on the peaks of the Mystic Mountains. Stratos is a brave honorable warror allied with King Randor. Although all Avions have the ability to fly using the magical Emerald Staff, many, including Stratos, have augmented their armor with rocket packs and jets to increase their speed and distance. As a member of the Masters of the Universe, Stratos fights bravely against the evil forces of Skeletor.
    I'm ok with this. Not really very dynamic or groundbreaking but it's par for course and doesn't make him sound lame like Faker now is.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  8. #83
    Heroic Warrior Emiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Palermo, Italy
    Posts
    6,267
    As Val, I hate how they are using "Masters of the Universe" as a title for the good guys.
    They aren't a superhero group!
    This usage of the title really detract from the whole MOTU concept.
    It was really big, but eveytime they use the name for the good guys only, it become a tad smaller... sigh...

  9. #84
    wants Dragstor!!! Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Plains of Perpetua
    Posts
    13,884
    To be honest, I'm more concerned about the birdmen being winged monkeys now.

    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

  10. #85
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    As Val, I hate how they are using "Masters of the Universe" as a title for the good guys.
    They aren't a superhero group!
    This usage of the title really detract from the whole MOTU concept.
    It was really big, but eveytime they use the name for the good guys only, it become a tad smaller... sigh...
    I agree completely, and hope this is last time it'll appear on a bio (but I doubt it).

  11. #86
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,475
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I'm ok with this. Not really very dynamic or groundbreaking but it's par for course and doesn't make him sound lame like Faker now is.
    Yeah...it's basically Stratos in a nutshell.

    I wonder what happens when Faker's sword combines with He-Man's sword. Or should that be Skeletor's sword? I can see Skeletor crafting a duplicate of his own sword to merge with He-Man's. But would something bad happen if Faker's sword merges with one of the real swords?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 8, 2009 at 02:20pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  12. #87
    Really is Skeletor
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wonder what happens when Faker's sword combines with He-Man's sword.
    He becomes a real boy!

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

    Also, I understand the frustration with the limiting uses of Masters Of The Universe. I seem to recall though that in early written works, maybe even the Filmation bible, that MOTU was the term reserved for the bad guys...
    Tyler J Maciolek

  13. #88
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,804
    Wow. It appears I'm in a vast minority here about the MOTU being the good guys. I thought that was a stroke of GENIUS!

    Its what the line was called, its what the SHOW was called, but nobody ever mentioned the words... ever.

    Now all the heroic warriors arent' just wandering freaks who 'happened' to be around. they were a fighting force/team of the best in eternia.

    Also as for the Bad guys being "masters"?!?! Skeletor is the only one who could qualify. the rest were morons!

    I admit its a goofy team name, but suddenly "He-man AND the Masters of the Universe" MEANS something.

    I think both the characters look great, the only thing I have mixed feelings on is the "winged monkey" aspect. Personally I just don't really see it. Nothing about his appearance has EVER screamed "monkey" at me.

  14. #89
    Fake Impostor Non-Fan pH6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Lapua, Finland
    Posts
    11,600
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Now all the heroic warriors arent' just wandering freaks who 'happened' to be around. they were a fighting force/team of the best in eternia.

    Also as for the Bad guys being "masters"?!?! Skeletor is the only one who could qualify. the rest were morons!
    Skeletor is one of the few who isn't an 'Evil Master of Gimmick-here'. The Evil ones have some of the best talent in certain areas. Like Stinkor is the best at stinking and Leech is the best at sucking...wait...this doesn't go where it should right now.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

  15. #90
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    668
    I thought the 2002 MYP series referred to the heroes as the "Masters"? I can almost hear Duncan telling Teela to gather the other Masters for a meeting or plan or something?!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,194
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Wow. It appears I'm in a vast minority here about the MOTU being the good guys. I thought that was a stroke of GENIUS!

    Its what the line was called, its what the SHOW was called, but nobody ever mentioned the words... ever.

    Now all the heroic warriors arent' just wandering freaks who 'happened' to be around. they were a fighting force/team of the best in eternia.

    Also as for the Bad guys being "masters"?!?! Skeletor is the only one who could qualify. the rest were morons!

    I admit its a goofy team name, but suddenly "He-man AND the Masters of the Universe" MEANS something.

    Personally, I prefer it to be used like the Star Wars films as simply a title for the property, and should never be spoken by the characters themselves; for example, you don't ever hear Obi-Wan call the conflict "the star wars".
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 8, 2009 at 07:08pm.

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior Darkwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin , TX
    Posts
    364
    I don't know, the flying monkeys in Wizard of OZ kicked butt. They actually freaked a lot of kids out back in the day. I always assumed this is where the the idea for Stratos came from (his color scheme is even similar to the WOZ flying monkeys). The more I think about it, you could even speculate that the Emerald Staff is also a nod to WOZ because the Wizard lived in the Emerald City. Just sayin'.

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Personally, I prefer it to be used like the Star Wars films as simply a title for the property, and should never be spoken by the characters themselves; for example, you don't ever hear Obi-Wan call the conflict "the star wars".
    Good example, and I agree.

    I look at it as, and prefer it to be, all these powerful warriors (good and bad) battling one another for control of the planet are the masters of the universe. I don't think they should label themselves, and the phrase should never be used by the characters themselves. Masters of the Universe shouldn't be a group name but rather a title to represent the epic struggle between these warriors.

    Or something like that.

  19. #94
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,739
    Yeah, the whole use of the Masters term is just a bit goofy to me, and as has been said before, detracts from the concept that whomsoever gains control of Grayskull, controls the Universe. Castle Grayskull is the Ultimate McGuffin!
    The Masters is a concept, not the Eternian Justice League!

    Oh well, other than that, Stratos' Bio is better than Faker's. Junk Yard. Sheesh...:hmroll:
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  20. #95
    The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    4,621
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerm23 View Post
    He becomes a real boy!
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Awesome!!

  21. #96
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,427
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Personally, I prefer it to be used like the Star Wars films as simply a title for the property, and should never be spoken by the characters themselves; for example, you don't ever hear Obi-Wan call the conflict "the star wars".
    Exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Masters of the Universe shouldn't be a group name but rather a title to represent the epic struggle between these warriors.
    I concur.

    Like Emiliano said, MOTU isn't a gang of super heroes.
    MOTU is a term that refers to all of the people on Eternia who are the masters of their abilities, and fight to be masters of the universe.
    It's about that world; that canon. Not a group of do-gooders.

    For example, He-Man is the strongest man in the universe because of his power, not because his chose that label.
    Jitsu was the evil master of martial arts, because he was the best at that.
    Clamp Champ was the heroic masters of capture, because he was the best at that.
    And so forth.

    If the good guys truly were the MOTU and the evil guys were not, then by definition of the name alone the evil warriors would always be 2nd place and never be a real threat.

    Either that, or our heroes are some ego driven maniacs, and true heroes wouldn't be like that going around calling themselves the MOTU or the Masters.

  22. #97
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Exactly.



    I concur.

    Like Emiliano said, MOTU isn't a gang of super heroes.
    MOTU is a term that refers to all of the people on Eternia who are the masters of their abilities, and fight to be masters of the universe.
    It's about that world; that canon. Not a group of do-gooders.

    For example, He-Man is the strongest man in the universe because of his power, not because his chose that label.
    Jitsu was the evil master of martial arts, because he was the best at that.
    Clamp Champ was the heroic masters of capture, because he was the best at that.
    And so forth.

    If the good guys truly were the MOTU and the evil guys were not, then by definition of the name alone the evil warriors would always be 2nd place and never be a real threat.

    Either that, or our heroes are some ego driven maniacs, and true heroes wouldn't be like that going around calling themselves the MOTU or the Masters.
    So Stratos is the best flyer? (Heroic Winged Warrior) Man, Buzz-off must be ticked!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  23. #98
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,427
    IMO, it's better than the heroes being a group of self-centered folks who think they are the Masters and everyone else is chicken-feed.

    This is why trying to complicate the title of the brand is kinda useless.
    It's the best of the universe fighting for control of the ultimate power in the universe.
    Why make it anything else?

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior Darkwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin , TX
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It's the best of the universe fighting for control of the ultimate power in the universe.
    Why make it anything else?
    Bingo. I didn't know much when I was six and got my first MOTU figures but I quickly figured out what JVS3 just stated. Its how I always played with my figures so no canon is going to change what MOTU has always meant to me. I looked right past MYP's use of MOTU as a heroic moniker and will do it now.
    Last edited by Darkwolf; January 8, 2009 at 11:50pm.

  25. #100
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,273
    I`m still tying to piece together the Adam/techno vest thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •