Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1756

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yeah thats where I got it from. If the MYP toon had continued MAA was going to be turned into a SnakeMan at the end of episode 40 and remain one for a while, a few episodes at least, probably till the end of the season when the SnakeMen are defeated and The Horde arrives. I hope they use this in the MOTUC cannon.
    Guys, I think I've figured out what the reptile head is and why it's included.

The black head IS Clamp Champ, before his promotion. I would bet $20 that part of Clamp Champ's "real name" will be "Spector," and that he was promoted when MAA was re-turned-into a Snake Man.

They avoided explaining that at the con because it won't be revealed, probably, until Clamp Champ's bio.

The snake head is MAA.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm digging all the bios, good stuff all around. I dislike the use of the minicomic art for Grayskull's bio, though, as that image is supposed to represent a future king, not a past one. But whatever, no biggie.
    I also love that 2010 is almost all revealed, and there's no bios left to show us until Buzz Off, lol. No more waiting around for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I'm digging all the bios, good stuff all around. I dislike the use of the minicomic art for Grayskull's bio, though, as that image is supposed to represent a future king, not a past one. But whatever, no biggie.
    It was even specifically say that the future king was He-Man himself. But I figure his ancestor is okay as a substitute

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

The black head IS Clamp Champ, before his promotion. I would bet $20 that part of Clamp Champ's "real name" will be "Spector," and that he was promoted when MAA was re-turned-into a Snake Man.

They avoided explaining that at the con because it won't be revealed, probably, until Clamp Champ's bio.

The snake head is MAA.
    I could totally see that. Good call. in fact that head looks exactly like the sculpt they used for the clamp champ staction.
    bnl4life

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    At least, we have one black character in every era of MOTU.
    Vintage: Clamp Champ
    POP: Netossa
    NA:Vizar
    200X: Zodak, Zeehlar, Dekker
    Filmation: Melaktha
    And don't forget Garn who was awesome!

I am so glad to hear good ol' Clamp Champ was mentioned in the Royal Guards bio and in a very interesting way.
    I hope that's a sign that he is coming soon. I've always been a fan of Clamp Champ. I tend to use him in my fan arts all the time.

I can't wait to see him in MOTUC and read his Bio.

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

[QUOTE=Mr. Shokoti;2490301]I take it for granted at times but that really sucks to be a black fan and to only have one black guy in the original line. Based on what you said, Clamp Champ definitely has the potential to be a cool character if you just overlook the fact that his weapon looks like something sold on late night infomercials("now you can grab items off the top shelf with ease"). The bad thing is that the only way he will be made cooler is through a comic or cartoon.

At least you have a black character to follow. Us Latinos don't have anyone! Where's the Latino love?
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    You know what weirds me about about the Royal Guard bio?

The fact that they're noted as using staves and energy blasters... and the figures don't come with either weapon, just clubs, axes, polearms and shields.
    Of course, that is what the weapons pack is for!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

The snake head is MAA.
    Whether this is true or not, It is now, in my mind. Awesome conception. I think that Lt. Spector is the white guy though. If for no other reason than I'm not comfortable with the Black guy being named as a spook. Doesnt sit well with me.

But I agree, that is totally Clamp Champ, pre-Master, snakehead Duncan.
    Last edited by baronterror; July 25, 2010 at 04:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior

Lt Spector = Mekaneck??

I don't normally post, but wanted to put in my 2 cents regarding the bios:

Chief Carnivus: up until now, I've liked the bios; he is the first one I don't dig. No mention of the sword, the shield, or the Eternia Tower...not that they had to, but considering the shield, that would've been great! I also don't like that he's not a Master, but a member of the Eternian Council
    Speaking of, and maybe I'm putting too much thought into it, but, "with the rise of Skeletor and the subsequent release of the Snake Men and the Horde from their interdimensional prisons..." does that mean he joined after the Horde were released, or before the Snake Men like in the 2002 MYP cartoon/canon.

Lastly, relating to my title: when I first read "Spector" I thought of spectator, spectacle, etc...relating to sight! What do we know about Mekaneck? His real name, being repaired by Man-At-Arms after his injury, did he once serve as palace guard. It's not to say that Lt Spector won't eventually become Clamp Champ, but why would both Clamp Champ and Lt Spector be mentioned in the same bio without any kind of connection? Why would the bio purposefully speak of them as two individual people, not one and the same? Could it be that one of them IS Mekaneck and NOT Clamp Champ?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    A lot of bequeathing going on - but it makes sense.
    He-Ro was a sorcerer no? He probably added some of his touch to the sword (this is pure speculation). Making the sword even more special.

Ehhh... I think 'Bequeathing' is Eternian for 'Looting the bodies'

I hope the reptilian head for one of the Eternian Guards is a Repton and they're going to be part of MOTUC, not a Snake Man or a Caligar. It will be for me anyway.
    Last edited by gbagok; July 25, 2010 at 07:06pm.

I'm confused!

Isn't the whole reason why He-Ro's no longer called Gray is that was Grayskull's real name? And now it isn't?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    What's all this talk of an extra, reptilian head?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

In my mind, the "Spector" name come from "spectacles" and is a reference to the white head being ToyGuru without his glasses. What do you all think?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    You know what weirds me about about the Royal Guard bio?

The fact that they're noted as using staves and energy blasters... and the figures don't come with either weapon, just clubs, axes, polearms and shields.
    Isn't the thing on the end of Man-At-Arms' armband armor an energy blaster? It looks like a little gun that could shoot lasers (ala the opening of the Filmation cartoon) ... maybe this is what the bio refers to?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    At least you have a black character to follow. Us Latinos don't have anyone! Where's the Latino love?
    I'm a white guy of English, Irish & German descent. With all of the barbarians in MOTU, I'm defintely covered in this line. I think the reason they were able to feature black & Asian characters(although since there is no Asia on Eternia, they just look similar) but not Hispanic is due to the notable differences. As tan as He-Man is, if they made a character slightly darker to represent a Latino, people would just think they were tanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I'm confused!

Isn't the whole reason why He-Ro's no longer called Gray is that was Grayskull's real name? And now it isn't?
    I think they meant that a character with Grayskull as his last name and a character with Gray as his first name would sound like they're repeating themselves. I don't think King Grayskull's name was ever supposed to be Gray Grayskull. That would make him sound like a character on the Flintstones.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 26, 2010 at 04:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What nationality would Count Marzo be?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What nationality would Count Marzo be?
    I never thought he looked like any specific nationality. His name makes him sound like an Arab but the last time that was brought up, some people got uneasy.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I never thought he looked like any specific nationality. His name makes him sound like an Arab but the last time that was brought up, some people got uneasy.
    Well there's his accent. I'm trying to place it...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

So the Goddess is Grayskull's widow?
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    In my mind, the "Spector" name come from "spectacles" and is a reference to the white head being ToyGuru without his glasses. What do you all think?
    That is exactly what I thought too when I first read it.

However, the explanation a few posts back made mention of Lt Spector being Mekaneck before he was rebuilt which also works.

It would be strange if Clamp Champ and Spector were meant to be the same person when they are mentioned in different places on the bio.

Spector = Mekaneck. The Lt of the palace guards gets promoted after being rebuilt due to being injured in a battle

Black faced Palace Guard = Clamp Champ. Bides his time in the palace guards and slowly works his way up to the rank of Man-At-Arms after something bad happens to Duncan

Makes perfect sense to me
    Last edited by TheFallen; July 25, 2010 at 09:03pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I think it's based on me!

Just kidding.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think it's based on me!

Just kidding.
    At first look I thought it was Mattel's attempt to try and make one of the .org members happy for a change by naming a character after him, but they missed an 'R"

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Going by the wording of the bio I think Clamp Champ and Lt. Spector are different people.

Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    So the Goddess is Grayskull's widow?
    Where's does it say that? Just because they're standing together in that picture doesn't prove anything. I'm fairly certain the widow is Veena, in fact it may be a hint of a Veena figure coming. (wishful thinking)

Goddess damn well better not take Veena's place! She's already stolen Sharella's place if she knocks out another new figure heads are going to roll!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by MLBfan View Post
    Spector
    Maybe it's Rotar. He was a palace guard before he was injured and turned into a freakish warrior by Man-At-Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax
    Well there's his accent. I'm trying to place it...
    Marzo sounded sort of Eastern European/Romanian-ish to me in the 200X 'toon.

~Penny~
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; July 25, 2010 at 10:11pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Cool new bios. Like the roboto and Grizzlor but not his real name.