Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1756

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Yay! Updated! BOOYA!
    Thanks.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Added the Leech and Hurricane Hordak bios to the first post Uki - time for updated narrative

I'll get on it ASAP! Luckily, (haha) our travel plans were 86'd due to Panthor (our kitty) getting sick.

I hope to get to the Bio-Narrative (and some of my own writing) this week while I'm off.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Uki - Updated first post with SDCC 2011 bios! You my friend have a lot of work to do!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So Patrick, what did you think of those bios?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So Patrick, what did you think of those bios?
    SHOCKED over the Evil Lyn one. Not opposed but digesting it still. Fine with Demo-Man, and like the back story on Snout Spout too...but yeah, a lot to digest! What did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    SHOCKED over the Evil Lyn one. Not opposed but digesting it still. Fine with Demo-Man, and like the back story on Snout Spout too...but yeah, a lot to digest! What did you think?
    Biggest bombshells:
    • Evil-Lyn actually married Keldor and bore his child
    • Evil-Lyn is raising Skeletor's son as a plot to destroy his father like Arthurian legend
    • Oo-Larr fought Skeletor before the Battle Armor Incident
    • She-Ra has the same Armor generating power that He-Man has
    • She-Ra also went to the Tri-Solar Galaxy
    • Other Masters also went to the Tri-Solar galaxy too

Yeah, the Evil-Lyn bio threw me for a loop...here's why:

I'm a little unnerved about Battleground Evil-Lyn's bio--in a everything you thought you knew about the character is wrong sort of way. I had the rather uncomfortable feeling like I missed something.

So Evil-Lyn got Knocked-Up™? I knew Evil-Lyn and Keldor were together at one point, but I never figured them for an actual married couple. Especially with a child. And she's serving Skeletor, knowing that she has his kid tucked away somewhere as a secret weapon? No wonder she's always freeing things to kill him--King Hsss, Hordak, Gygor! I wouldn't be surprised if she hired Ninjor to off Skeletor. But I guess raising a man's son to destroy the father who sired him is very Arthurian--a reference to Evil-Lyn's middle name. I still agree with the idea of naming her Pandora.

Will all of the "Battleground" Bios be the shock value stories? First the Sorceress dies and Teela replaces her, while learning Adam's secret and now Evil-Lyn is rearing Skeletor's son to destroy his pappy!
    A question I have is this "future"...is it the Tri-Solar Galaxy "future"? Is Evil-Lyn in the Tri-Solar Galaxy too?

Demo-Man's bio doesn't talk about the character, but did fans really want to know more about the demon that powered up Keldor? I thought fans hated him? I am thrilled that Oo-Larr is brought up as battling Skeletor again and that Skeletor's motivation from He-Man and the Power Sword is made canon.

Swiftwind is pretty basic information.

Bubble Power She-Ra's bio is kinda iffy. It's hard to take a bubble blowing power seriously in the dark world of the MOTUC bios. Fumes of energy? I do like that She-Ra was also called to the Tri-Solar Galaxy. Question is this...will they make NA Teela into NA She-Ra now or will NA She-Ra have a different design? I rather have the latter. I like Teela not being a carbon copy of her mom, but a fighting sorceress.

Snout Spout is also basic information. I wish they would have mentioned his partnership with Rio Blast from STAR Comics #4. It was like a buddy cop movie!

Flipshot is another character with basic information, but the biggest bombshell is that OTHER Masters go to the Tri-Solar Galaxy as well as He-Man and She-Ra.

One thing I've noticed is that Toyguru is trying to make the Galactic Protectors and The Great Rebellion all part of the overall larger Masters group with these frequent team-ups. I think it's great because it exposes these characters to people who would have never looked their way before.

Okay, I have edited the Narrative and will reload the Thread's First Post with all the changes and updates right away.

I loved all of the new Bios revealed at SDCC! Major bombshells indeed.

MGM, as usual, great points.The whole Evil-Lyn reveal is mind-bogglingly, wickedly awesome... I'm honestly still processing so much of it!

Okay gnag, enjoy the Narrative!

(I'm so glad I got all caught up...)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    • She-Ra has the same Armor generating power that He-Man has
    This makes me wonder if He-Man can do "sword to" transformations like She-Ra...he just doesn't know how to do it.

OMG, I just realized we can now get all of She-Ra's different sword transformations!!!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I am unsure about this Oo-Larr-Skeletor-battle thing...

Did he battled him twice or was there only the battle already mentioned in the BA Skeletor bio???

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I am unsure about this Oo-Larr-Skeletor-battle thing...

Did he battled him twice or was there only the battle already mentioned in the BA Skeletor bio???
    I tried to get an answer out of Toyguru to clarify this.

He said "KEEP READING THE BIOS!"™

Can this thread PLEASE be stickied? It has all the bios for ALL of the characters. I had to search through NINE pages to find it again because the search function doesn't like short words like "bios."
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Can this thread PLEASE be stickied? It has all the bios for ALL of the characters. I had to search through NINE pages to find it again because the search function doesn't like short words like "bios."
    There IS already The MOTUC Index as a sticky-thread, with lot of information compiled graciously by MGM and it has a direct link to this very thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    In addition to what Jukka said, a simple search for "bios" does indeed bring up this thread. I just tested it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Updated first post with Fearless Photog, Star Sisters, Sorceress and Temple of Darkness Sorceress bios! LOVE THEM - Uki, you know what this means

Tallstar = Cassandra
    Starla = Gemma
    Jewelstar = Devena

Don't ask me for their taglines though!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 28, 2011 at 04:58am.

Heroic Warrior
    With the Photog bio...doesn't that make him the third energy draining charachter after Leech and Mosquitor.

Awesome stuff! I'll try to update the Bio Narrative tomorrow.

I wonder now (as before) what the relationship between The Sorceress and The Goddess is like...

I'm also wondering about the Project Photog/Jey connection (I hope there is one!).

Still, great stuff! I can't wait to learn more about Spector (who I think looks keen). I imagine he may in fact be Lt. Spector...

Quote Originally Posted by Granamyr View Post
    With the Photog bio...doesn't that make him the third energy draining charachter after Leech and Mosquitor.
    Yeah. I don't like that. It's treading on terriotory that Leech and Mosquitor should own exclusively.

I thought Photog should have just been an Eternian version of a tabloid photographer.

I liked all the bios revealed today except for Photog's (hoping he would be an astronaut with Marlena Glenn who "had an accident" or something) and the Star Sisters is great except for that they stripped Jewelstar of her powers. She used to turn into a jewel and hypnotize people. Now she can only get gem armour.

80's Star Sisters descriptions (translated from Italian to English):

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it View Post
    3155 STARLA
    Leader of the STAR SISTERS, three beautiful girls endowed with star powers! Starla is an electric-shocking beauty with a sparkling dress, upon her head she has a magnificent star, looking as if it was going to explode in a moment, and a trasparent backpack full of coloured water. Pressing the button the water starts moving and gives life to a vortex of shining glitters.... dancing stars sparkling in the water!

3156 TALLSTAR
    A far-seeing spy that can stretch up to double her height and watch and check all Etheria from high altitude. She has extendable joints at her neck, arms, flanks and legs: stretching them, Tallstar can extend herself to grow twice her normal dimensions!

3212 JEWELSTAR
    A transforming jewel that helps Shera with her hypnotic powers! Jewelstar can transform herself in a shiny crystal jewel dazzling everyone is looking at it, and making them fall in a magic trance...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 25, 2011 at 01:52am.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm confused by the bio of TOD Sorceress...

I thought King Grayskull let the power flow in the orb, not the Elders...

And now they are tapping with the orb into the magics of the planet? Why, when they have the Power of the Universe?

Berserker, I think what it states (a bit wonkily, I'll admit) is that the Elders' ability (wisdom) to tap into the magic of Eternia was transferred to the orb, which already contained the Power of the Sword of He.

By teh way...

Narrative Thread updated! Woohoo!

Snappy Threader
    Makes me wonder now if Fearless Photog is related in any way to Project Photog.......

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Still, great stuff! I can't wait to learn more about Spector (who I think looks keen). I imagine he may in fact be Lt. Spector...
    Yup, he is, confirmed by Scott

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    In that case, makes me wonder HOW!?

Guess I'll just need to "keep reading the bios"!

Photog's makes me think the Photog Emulator was originally designed to fit over his head like a helmet and then when the malfunction occurred, it melted onto his actual face. OUCH!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!