Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1755

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    Photog's makes me think the Photog Emulator was originally designed to fit over his head like a helmet and then when the malfunction occurred, it melted onto his actual face. OUCH!
    Yeah I think that makes the most sense.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

i don´t get the TOD sorceress bio at all. i thought i had the whole thing with the power being bounced around, straight in my head but this confused it for me. so now there´s a third power which is beneath the castle, in addition to the power that came from he-ro in the sword itself and the essence of king grayskull which he put in to it as he died?

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i don´t get the TOD sorceress bio at all. i thought i had the whole thing with the power being bounced around, straight in my head but this confused it for me. so now there´s a third power which is beneath the castle, in addition to the power that came from he-ro in the sword itself and the essence of king grayskull which he put in to it as he died?
    there are a few things -

Overlords of Trolla harness the aura of the Gods, use this "Power of the Universe" to become immortal and vow to maintain neutrality in all Five Dimensions. They put the "power of the universe into the sword."

Before dying Grayskull puts his power into the sword.

After the great war, the Council of Elders puts the power from the sword (universe and Grayskull) into Castle greyskull.

the spirit of King Grayskull inhabits the Castle.

the sword then acts as a key to the power.
    the sword is split in two, to protect the power and await the prophesied hero.

After the great unrest the Sorceress (Teela'na) adds the wisdom of the remaining elders to the power of grayskull.

(now we already knew about the wisdom of the elders joining the power, as referred to in BA he-man's bio, but until we got this bio I thought that it happened at a much earlier time, when the power of the sword was transferred.)

oh ok, that makes more sense; the great spread in time also threw me.

the actual TOD wasn't mentioned in her bio (which i find odd). do we know when/where/why she looked like this?

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    This stuff is so easy to keep up with because it was "all written before the line was even started"!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    This stuff is so easy to keep up with because it was "all written before the line was even started"!
    Yes, when TG was 9
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Yes, when TG was 9
    Which explains his time-traveling Thing that's being shoehorned into the 30th Line...he needed someone to fix all of the time-bound impossibilities!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by big country View Post
    which explains his time-traveling thing that's being shoehorned into the 30th line...he needed someone to fix all of the time-bound impossibilities!
    ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Which explains his time-traveling Thing that's being shoehorned into the 30th Line...he needed someone to fix all of the time-bound impossibilities!
    He could have still blamed Gwildor or the Keeper of Time. Spector I guess is more battle-ready than those guys though.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 7, 2011 at 02:13pm.

What impossibilities do you mean?

Yeah, what exactly isn't making sense?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I guess impossibilities was the wrong word...confusion. Lots and lots of confusion.

The pieces fit, but not like a story that was written all at once.

I don't think they'll ever sell me on that.

That's the nature of the Bios, I suppose. Released as snippets centered around their respective characters, the Bios jump around the timeline constantly, so there couldn't even be a correct order in which to read them.

Haven't you been keeping up with the Bio-Narrative thread? It's quite good...

I do believe that tweaking happens, as it always does on such stories. Still, I also think that there is a pretty nifty written outline that covers everyone somewhere at Mattel or Scooter's house... I need to get myself invited over for supper...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    That's the nature of the Bios, I suppose. Released as snippets centered around their respective characters, the Bios jump around the timeline constantly, so there couldn't even be a correct order in which to read them.

Haven't you been keeping up with the Bio-Narrative thread? It's quite good...
    I think nobody's surpised that of all people on these boards it's us two who are the ones asking where the impossibilities are...

....Right?

The narrative thread is the ONLY reason this stuff makes any sense at all!

I appreciate all of the work put into the narrative, timeline and this bio thread!

Thanks Big Country! Youda best!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Updated first post with Fisto and Shadow Weaver bios

Okay, LOVE the new stuff-I'm just wondering who Hordak's lead witch was during the Great Wars now! (She's referenced in Leech's Bio...)

A new character?
    Evil Lyn's mother?
    Madam Razz?

As more is revealed, so too are new mysteries...!

Fisto's bio is bloody terrible. What sort of a name is Malcom??? And the bio makes him sound pretty useless, not to mention the mistake of hanging on to the unpopular 'Duncan's brother' idea.

Doesn't look like much thought goes into the bios any more, the older ones are mostly good but the newer ones look like they've been scribbled down in a couple of minutes.
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

A lot of people like the Duncan's idea angle.

Really?? I think the bios are pretty constant. There's an occasional awesome and bad one but I don't have the impression that the later ones are worse. I for one like the fisto one very much.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I just don't think Fisto's bio makes all that much sense. He received magical amnesia and stumbled upon some town. But then his town was attacked by the Snake Men, so he freed the captured Masters (when were they captured? how did he find them? why were they in this town that Fisto was in?)

Then, Duncan replaces Fisto's hand, and they make up. Make up for what? There's no description as to why they were fighting. Not just that, but he's got magical amnesia. How would he remember what they were fighting about? Or even that Duncan was his brother? I'm assuming he recovered from the magical amnesia, but at what point?

I know the 200x cannon, but shouldn't things have been spelled out a bit more in this bio?

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Shadowcat; December 6, 2011 at 11:00am.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    Fisto's bio is bloody terrible. What sort of a name is Malcom??? And the bio makes him sound pretty useless, not to mention the mistake of hanging on to the unpopular 'Duncan's brother' idea.
    I wish they would've kept that he was a villian, turned good. It shows that he isn't as straight laced, like all the other good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post

Doesn't look like much thought goes into the bios any more, the older ones are mostly good but the newer ones look like they've been scribbled down in a couple of minutes.
    Well, Malcom isn't all that bad. It's along the lines of Duncan, and being that they're brothers, the names sound appropriate with one another.

I do agree, though, that this bio seems like it was put together by a 2 year old. There's so many gaps in it that it just doesn't make sense as per my last post.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; December 6, 2011 at 11:07am.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita