Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1636

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Yes, Patrick, congrats! You rock, pal! I may try to edit the new Bios into the Narrative in the next day or so (God willing). I do want to pester Scooter about the timeline regarding Blade's entry, though...
    Please, yes! That bio created more questions than it answered. I feel like I'm watching LOST all over again.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    My bad Patrick! And congratulations on the win!
    LOL - teasing - I'm so glad you posted the first time cause I had missed it and that is what prompted me

Yes, Patrick, congrats! You rock, pal! I may try to edit the new Bios into the Narrative in the next day or so (God willing). I do want to pester Scooter about the timeline regarding Blade's entry, though...
    Thanks Uki! YES - bring on a narrative update - holy moly - lots to add!

So Scooter responded that the events of the '87 film do precede the Second Ultimate Battleground. I went ahead and asked another, this time to learn whether that means Blade once again tracks Gwildor for the key. (Oh, and we will "find out soon" about whether Blade gave He-Man that scar. I imagine he did not, as I think Scooter is referring to next month's comic packed with UNO, which would not, form what I can tell, contain such events inside. My guess is that Skeletor scars He-Man during their final battle.)

I did, however, have a thought (epiphany?) last night while pondering Blade's Bio.Allow me to illustrate with a handy little timeline:

-Blade is summoned to Eternia by Skeletor

-Blade aids Skeletor in taking over Eternia after the cosmic key is stolen from Gwildor by Evil Lyn (as in the film)

-the events of the film-their MOTUC version, that is, transpire, though I am thinking that in this general time frame Hordak returns as well. (HH's Bio refers to him bursting through the walls of Snake Mtn. to confront his former pupil, so Skeletor would have already been kicked out of Grayskull/tossed down that pit to pop up after the credits and tell no one in particular that he'd be back.) (Working largely from memory, here, gang.)

-The 2UB occurs, as outlined in various Bios and mini-comics, an event which seems to have lasted quite some time (days/weeks even?), with shifting allegiances: Gygor, Evil Lyn (remember, at the end of the film, she and a few others slink away...including Blade, I believe!) Blade fights He-man atop Viper tower, likely not leaving that scar we see on King He-Man. (Besides, NAHM doesn't have it! We missed that!)

-After the 2UB and Skeletor's departure, Blade travels in a small, renegade party...Hmmm. Now, renegade generally means one whose allegiances have changed, though we know that Mattel's Bio-writers aren't English Professors, so we can allow some leeway there. Nevertheless, I thought of this possibility: Blade (and whoever else) go off to find the key and this leads to Gwildor's death. We know that happens at some point, and Scooter has commented on how, in war, inventors often are killed for their technology, leading me to believe our favorite cross-dresser does not die of old age or even choking on Robbie's Ribs. We also know the Time Wars are coming...or have already happened...time is tricky that way. In any event, that could be a factor and open up Blade's use as a viable character beyond this short window leading up to the 2UB, with movie events sprinkled in. Perhaps, man of the hour, UNO is behind this?

Your thoughts...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjax View Post
    Scorpia stayed behind to rule her desert kingdom and hoping one day all of Etheria itself

sometimes the poor syntax and sentence structure just ruin these bios for me.

Should read something more like this: Scorpia stayed behing to rule her desert kingdom with the hopes of one day ruling all of Etheria.

they need a copy editor at Mattycollector.

Bold formatting added by me to emphasize the irony.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehe

Cute, Ridureyu.

In addition to my long-winded message, perhaps, if it was in fact the UNO who hired Blade and that renegade band to find the cosmic key, and since, according to the Snake Men Bio, the UNO was a formless being (at one point, at least), he required the key to travel to a time when he wasn't in order to regain his corporeal body and begin anew his quest for domination and chaos. (The "formless" line makes me think that, in punishment, UNO was stripped of his corporeal form, akin to Nikolas Powers' punishment doled out by the Elders.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Heroic Warrior
    Does the DC comic add to canon? With Flutterina getting killed off in the comic by Despara does this count, and would it be fair to say the DC comic is be for the 2nd Ultimate battleground?

Anyway, I do agree that Scorpia's bio needs proofreading.

I am pretty sure that the DC Comic is in its own separate continuity.

And FIIIIIIIIIINALLY... Scorpia's real name is interesting. Is it a pun on Linda Lash from Double Dragon? You know, whip... scorpion sting... and so on?

So Scooter responded that the events of the '87 film do precede the Second Ultimate Battleground. I went ahead and asked another, this time to learn whether that means Blade once again tracks Gwildor for the key. (Oh, and we will "find out soon" about whether Blade gave He-Man that scar. I imagine he did not, as I think Scooter is referring to next month's comic packed with UNO, which would not, form what I can tell, contain such events inside. My guess is that Skeletor scars He-Man during their final battle.)

I did, however, have a thought (epiphany?) last night while pondering Blade's Bio.Allow me to illustrate with a handy little timeline:

-Blade is summoned to Eternia by Skeletor

-Blade aids Skeletor in taking over Eternia after the cosmic key is stolen from Gwildor by Evil Lyn (as in the film)

-the events of the film-their MOTUC version, that is, transpire, though I am thinking that in this general time frame Hordak returns as well. (HH's Bio refers to him bursting through the walls of Snake Mtn. to confront his former pupil, so Skeletor would have already been kicked out of Grayskull/tossed down that pit to pop up after the credits and tell no one in particular that he'd be back.) (Working largely from memory, here, gang.)

-The 2UB occurs, as outlined in various Bios and mini-comics, an event which seems to have lasted quite some time (days/weeks even?), with shifting allegiances: Gygor, Evil Lyn (remember, at the end of the film, she and a few others slink away...including Blade, I believe!) Blade fights He-man atop Viper tower, likely not leaving that scar we see on King He-Man. (Besides, NAHM doesn't have it! We missed that!)

-After the 2UB and Skeletor's departure, Blade travels in a small, renegade party...Hmmm. Now, renegade generally means one whose allegiances have changed, though we know that Mattel's Bio-writers aren't English Professors, so we can allow some leeway there. Nevertheless, I thought of this possibility: Blade (and whoever else) go off to find the key and this leads to Gwildor's death. We know that happens at some point, and Scooter has commented on how, in war, inventors often are killed for their technology, leading me to believe our favorite cross-dresser does not die of old age or even choking on Robbie's Ribs. We also know the Time Wars are coming...or have already happened...time is tricky that way. In any event, that could be a factor and open up Blade's use as a viable character beyond this short window leading up to the 2UB, with movie events sprinkled in. Perhaps, man of the hour, UNO is behind this?

Your thoughts...
    Ah, Uki- you are my hero!!! For months, I've been saying that the movie events HAD to occur during the time of Skeletor's reign on Eternia, because nothing else made sense. Then, I read Blade's bio, and not only did I feel like an idiot for being so adamant about that timeline, but I was also just completely confused as to how it could possibly have happened later.

Thank you for rescuing my brain from the puddle it was melting into.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

Heroic Warrior
    What are the time wars?
    Here's what I am looking for:
    200x
    MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by lightsyder View Post
    What are the time wars?
    Been wondering that myself. I've seen it mentioned here and there in the forums, usually during discussions about Spector, but I've never actually seen it mentioned in any bios. Is it just something Scott has spoken about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    As for the MOTUC and 87 Movie time wise that is a bit of a head scratcher. My guess... is that Blade went after Gwildor AGAIN after the original events of the film. it describes him as being part of a "Renegade" group... in the movie Skeletor was in control so Blade was no renegade. It looks very much like after Skeletor left Blade was hired again to get that key, and failed a second time.

Another reason I am taking it as this is because in the film Blade says "I have waited a long time for this" when he fights He-man which suggests to me that the two had never met in battle. This bio details a fight that they had during the Second Ultimate battleground... so that kinda suggests that was round 2 to me.

Thoughts?
    Nailed it.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by lightsyder View Post
    What are the time wars?
    They are TIME wars... to me, that means that they happened everywhere across time. You cant pin down a timeframe for something that has happened, yet hadnt happened yet at the same time.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Updated first post with The Nameless One BIO and the Horde Empire Bio (from the map)
    Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; March 14, 2014 at 11:01am.

Loving it.

I think it's better to keep bios short. That's what I loved about the original line; you had minimal info, which left your imagination to create your own bios.

You can still do that, Liber, but with these, there is a pretty nifty (in my opinion, if that's not obvious) story being told that is actually (finally!) going somewhere! Check out the Narrative; it's keen!

You can still do that, Liber, but with these, there is a pretty nifty (in my opinion, if that's not obvious) story being told that is actually (finally!) going somewhere! Check out the Narrative; it's keen!

I love the story, even if there is problematic wording and such. The vintage toys came with comics that told a story (usually) about the character it was packed with. We don't have the mini comics anymore, except once or twice a year, so instead we have these bios that tell us a little story about the character and attempt to tie them into one longer narrative. They are a combo of bio and the old mini comic stories, and I think it is a great idea. Plus, anyone that doesn't like them doesn't have to pay them any attention.

As for the Blade questions above...what if Jitsu sends Blade on the second Cosmic Key mission? He is, after all, ruler of Snake Mtn in that time period. Could be this mission goes somewhere other than Earth, and results in Gwildor's death. They get the Key but are thwarted by the remaining Masters, who take it from them, eventually leading to them engineering the wrist version.

Perhaps, something happens to Blade during this mission that results in him being turned into a fanged, yellow-skinned beast! There's your "in"for everyone that wants the comics version of Blade.

So even though it's hard to make out as the mini comic panels are so small, yes, the scar is received during the Laser Light battle. I had to look twice to see He Man's eye after he gets whacked in the face towards the end. Instead of blood (!?!?!) it's just a black line down the left side of his face. Surprised that - of all hits he'd have taken - left the scar. Maybe it's the "laser"-ness of the weapon. Or just laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    So even though it's hard to make out as the mini comic panels are so small, yes, the scar is received during the Laser Light battle. I had to look twice to see He Man's eye after he gets whacked in the face towards the end. Instead of blood (!?!?!) it's just a black line down the left side of his face. Surprised that - of all hits he'd have taken - left the scar. Maybe it's the "laser"-ness of the weapon. Or just laziness.
    If the staff was at a laser powered intensity, the scar is actually a high heat burn scar. Those dont heal because they are cauterized instantly. I could see that being a real possibility.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

You beat me to it, Hoffrod!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    If the staff was at a laser powered intensity, the scar is actually a high heat burn scar. Those dont heal because they are cauterized instantly. I could see that being a real possibility.
    That would make sense if it is black. That is a char mark, that later healed into a scar.

Battle Lion - Heroic Steed of King Grayskull

During the Great Wars against King Hsss and the Invasion Forces of Hordak, King Grayskull rode into battle on top of his fierce mount Granger, a giant lygor prince from the Green Tiger Tribe. Gifted as cub to young Grayskull for saving their home from an attack by renegade Gar pirates, Granger grew up with his master, loyally protecting Grayskull in times of peace and war. When evil threatens Eternia, Granger is enhanced by the Power of the Universe channeled through the Sword of He. As Battle Lion he wears enchanted armor that protects him against magical attacks. Battle Lion is the heroic steed of King Grayskull, loyally carrying his master into combat.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    FLOGG - Evil Leader of the Space Mutants

Before Skeletor passed through the Laser Gate and arrived in the Tri-Solar System, Flogg the Terrible was the commander of the Horde’s Denebrian Space mutant goon squad. Directing operations either from his secret hideout in a Gorn Crater or from his camp city of Diobo in the Regula region of Denebria, Flogg launched raiding parties on the neighbouring planet of Primus in the name of his Horde commanders.
    A vain and boastful bully, Flogg’s favourite weapon is his laser whip which he calls The Sidewinder. Flogg has a nasty temper and agreed to join Skeletor as his humbled second in command in a secret bid to one day betray him and use Skeletor’s power to take command of the Horde Empire for his own!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKELETOR - Intergalactic Overlord of Evil

Wounded by Hordak’s final buzz saw attack at the end of the Second Ultimate Battleground, the victorious Skeletor mended his body with a techno virus from Preternia. Having learned of the might of the Horde Empire, he abandoned Eternia in search of a grander prize - the entire Universe!
    Finding a Laser Gate at the far end of his own galaxy, he passed through it to the Tri-Solar System just above the planet Denebria. It was here he recruited the Horde’s Mutant Army in a plan to lead them in mutiny against the Empire. But Skeletor was followed by He-man, She-ra and many of the Master of the Universe who had themselves allied with the Galactic Protectors. Skeletor now fights a new intergalactic battle; to rule the universe and to destroy He-man once and for all!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXTENDAR - Heroic Master of Extension

An Etherian athlete of great renown. Doodon was tricked by Hordak into entering his Experimentation Matrix. Here he was transformed and grafted with cybernetic parts allowing him to extend his limbs and body to great proportions. Dubbed Extendar, he escaped The Evil Horde before the foul effects had fully taken hold. But to his great regret, his best friend was also transformed and unlike Extendar, Dragstor was unable to escape from Hordak’s clutches.
    Extendar eventually travelled with She-ra to Eternia and joined the renegade Masters of the Universe. Confronted by his enemies, Extendar reeeeaches new heights, transforming into a super strong warrior!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    For some reason I always thought Extendar was from Etheria.
    It just makes sense as he like Snout Spout was changed into what he is now by the Horde. It also adds another male character to the ranks of the Rebellion. He can team up with Tallstar! And like Snout Spout Extendar later joins the Defenders of Eternia. So I don't see any problem at all for Doodon (I like how they payed hommage to his UK origin) to be from Etheria. It just extends the possibilities
    Can't wait for Mattel to reveal his former best friend Theydon (Dragstor).
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

ENTRAPTA- Tricky Golden Beauty

After the Horde invaded Etheria, Catra was sent down with the initial invasion force to assess the level of resistance. Befriending an illegitimate ruler of Brightmoon, Catra recruited Es'Tra to join the Horde and help them conquer the planet. Using her ultra-long magical hair, Es'Tra became known as Entrapta for her ability to capture enemies. Her arms, legs and torso are made from the shinest gold on all Etheria. Her hair is pink and purple and the longest of anyone in the land. When She-Ra or her friends come near to see the shiny gold of Entrapta, she traps them in her ultra-long hair. She remained with Hordak afterhe abandoned Etheria for his original goal- the magiks of Eternia, enough power to take command of the entire Horde Empire.