Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, but the Horde has always been on Etheria in the MOTU mini-comics, so they can still go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    I can't wait to see how POP and NA are worked into this canon.
    For example:

Will the POP Characters be from Etheria or Despondos? Perhaps Etheria was accidently banished into Despondos?

How did Hordak kidnap Adora?

Is the Fright Zone in Despondos or on Eternia?

Will the NA characters still be from the future or reworked into the present?
    I can't wait to read She-Ra & Hordak's bios since hopefully most of those questions will be answered.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; February 6, 2009 at 08:04pm.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Updated original post w/Skeletor's bio to now reflect bio listed on MattyCollector.com

DEMO-MAN? Interesting...I'm open to it
    Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; January 15, 2009 at 01:54pm.

Am I the only one who thinks Raquel Welch every time I see Beast man's name? lol
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

The Frightzone was on Etheria in the PoP cartoon. I can even remember a scene where Hordak is looking out from the Frightzone and seeing the Whispering Woods in the distance.
    That's true, but the toon is off limits. And grenadaspice said they used Etheria in the Motu mini comics. I was replying to that. They never used Etheria in the minis, only the Frightzone. The Frightzone was another dimention like Despondos.

Edit:

Demo-Man??? Uhm... Ok..
    Last edited by Neo; January 15, 2009 at 01:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Neo;2037106]That's true, but the toon is off limits. And grenadaspice said they used Etheria in the Motu mini comics. I was replying to that. They never used Etheria in the minis, only the Frightzone. The Frightzone was another dimention like Despondos.QUOTE]

Umm... I'm pretty sure that Etheria is mention in all the MOTU mini-comics when pertaining to the Evil Horde. I just read the "King of the Snake Men" mini-comics and Kobrsh Khan does utter the phrase "the Evil Horde from Etheria".

Edit:
    Yep, I just went to take a look at the early Evil Horde MOTU mini-comics and in the "Hordak - The Ruthless Leader's Revenge" mini-comic, the very first sentence that Hordak says is "Long have the doors from Etheria to Eternia been closed to me...by Skeletor's dark treachery!", so the Evil Horde has always been mention as being from Etheria baecause of skeletor, without any mentioin of She-Ra and POP.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Updated original post w/Skeletor's bio to now reflect bio listed on MattyCollector.com

DEMO-MAN? Interesting...I'm open to it
    First, Raqquill Rqazz, now Demo-Man? This is ****ing ridiculous.

Heroic Warrior

Faker 2008 Bio

People have been unimpressed with Faker's bio. If my memory serves correctly, i don't think there was an comic book or cartoon story that told of the very beginning of Faker. I think the UK MOTU comic told the story of Faker. He was turned blue by the Sorceress so people wouldn't mistake him for He-Man. There was a follow up story when Faker has been dismissed by Skeletor and wants his revenge on He-Man. He attacks a village and He-Man turns up and the have a fight etc.

The village attack was diffinately true, but I'm not sure if I read the thing about the sorceress in a comic book or if I read it on the forums.

Anyway, here's my take on it. Faker was originally a robot built by Man-At-Arms and was damaged and left in a skip. He was found by Tri-Klops who just happened to break into the royal palace to look for spare parts to pimp up his Roton. Tri-Klops took Faker back to Snake Mountain and repaired him. A while later Skeletor, Beast-Man and Evil- Lyn attack Castle Grayskull (the events in The Shaping Staff). Faker masquerades as He-Man - the sorceress falls for it, and He-Man and Faker have a little wrestle. Faker falls over the side of the bottomless absyss. After that Faker, thousands of feet from the surface manages to save himself. He gets into the caves beneath Grayskull, and eventually resurfaces. Due to the impact of his fall his memory has been wiped. After months of wondering Eternia, he is found by Man-At-Arms rival enemy, Professor Galen Nycroft (Modulok) who reprograms the robot to attack Castle Greyskull and destroy MAA. He-Man comes to the rescue and fights Faker. The only way to tell which is He-Man and Faker is for the Sorceress to cast a spell - the result is his skin turns blue, his armour becomes like Skeletor ect. Faker is eventually overpower and the Sorceress sends him to another dimension, Dispondos.

Whilst in Dispondos, Faker, now with a wonky personality chip that makes him able to have independant thought, amasses an army, ready to attack Eternia once the portal is re-opened. Included in this army is evil Man-At-Arms.

What if the reason Faker was left in the junkyard by Man-At-Arms was because he went "bad" before Tri-Klops even got his hands on him. He could have either been out of control & dangerous like Ed209 in Robocop or truly bad like Ultron from Marvel Comics.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Updated with Mer-Man bio

"Squidish Rex"?

LMAO!!!!

No offense, but with that name, I'm surprised the bio doesn't also reference Mer-Man's "Uncle Squiggly".
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Thanks Pat

Squidish Rex?
    Sounds like a creature he should be riding into battle not his name.
    I can't believe someone was paid (probably quite well) to come up with that. Oh well, like most other people will, I'll choose to ignore that part

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    If the "real names" we're getting on the bios are what they all may have been called in the 80's, that's kind of cool...but I don't like how they're going about it. They could do one of the following, that I think would have been better:

1) Aliases: Demo-Man

2) Did you know? Skeletor was originally going to be called Demo-Man

3) Save it as neat facts for the MOTU Complete Universe Coffee Table Book they should release with all things MOTU/PoP/NA/200X/Stactions/MOTUC for MOTU's 30th Anniversary. Complete with all minicomics, etc. Just my .02
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I don't think there's a reason for anyone to get upset about the Bios...Besides Beast Man is still called beast man and Merman is still called Merman. Too be honest I'd like to see a toy of this Alleged Demo Man.

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Thanks Pat

Squidish Rex?
    Sounds like a creature he should be riding into battle not his name.
    I can't believe someone was paid (probably quite well) to come up with that. Oh well, like most other people will, I'll choose to ignore that part
    Dude!!! Like any MOTU Character had Cool name (except for maybe Hordak and Trap Jaw)...Dude the Main Character is called He-Man.....As a kid I didn't know any better but now I think it sounds really bad....
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; February 6, 2009 at 07:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I was re-reading the Bios so far and they do raise a lot of questions that I hope will be answered in the future. Here are some thoughts:

- We have King Grayskull, ancestor of He-Man, who mastered the secret power of his sword. Does that mean the power already came from the sword back then and not from King Grayskull? But then again, the Bio states that Grayskull preserved his power inside the sword for his descendents. Grayskull's spirit lies hidden inside Castle Grayskull. What about the power of Elders?

- King Grayskull had an alliance with a cosmic warrior called HE-RO and they fought against Hordak and King HSSSS together. Hordak apparently is still around with helping Keldor and all but what about King Hssss?

- Then we have He-man, who is Adam of the House of Randor. He is a direct descendent of King Grayskull and he was chosen to protect the power sword from evil. Chosen by whom?

- First he had his techno-vest, but later on he combined to two halves of the Power Sword to channel the energy of the Elders to become He-man. So the power is not King Grayskull's power, but the power of the Elders? Or did the Elders draw their power from the spirit of Grayskull, or the other way around or something else entirely?

- Beast Man, real name Raqquill Rqazz. His home was in Vine Jungle, but he was banished. Why was he banished?

- He joined up with young alchemist Keldor during a skirmish in Berserker Islands. Where are Berserker Islands? Is the skirmish related to the clan wars mentioned in Mer-Man's bio?

- Beast-Man can control beasts and monsters and uses his talents in the ranks of Skeletor.

- Skeletor self-proclaimed Evil Lord of Destruction. Real name, Keldor. Keldor was mortally wounded in a battle with his half-brother captain Randor. His dark-arts master Hordak saved his life by merging Keldor with Demo-Man from despondos. Thus Keldor became Skeletor. So, is Keldor direct descendant of Grayskull aswell?

- He has gathered many of Eternia's greatest outcasts and evil warriors in his quest to siege Castle Grayskull. He believes the ultimate power source of the universe to be hidden there. Why does he believe so and what is this Power? Is it the power of the Elders, the power of Grayskull or something all together different?

- Faker was built by Man-At-Arms to cover for He-Man when Prince Adam is needed, Faker was abandoned in the royal junkyard after his first mission and salvaged by the evil warrior Tri-Klops. So Tri-Klops is the tech-geek now? Why is Faker blue? Why was faker abandoned in the junk yard. Is that related to the skin color? At the request of Skeletor, Faker was reprogrammed to replace He-Man and convince the people of Eternia that He-Man had betrayed King Randor and turned to evil. So, how did that work out? And does this mean He-man serves King Randor or that he is allied with him?

- Stratos of the House of Avion. Lord of Avion, a civilization of winged simians who live high on the peaks of the Mystic Mountains. Stratos is a brave honorable warror allied with King Randor. Although all Avions have the ability to fly using the magical Emerald Staff, many, including Stratos, have augmented their armor with rocket packs and jets to increase their speed and distance. Does Stratos need the Emerald Staff to fly, or is it like in Filmation-toons; that he needs the precense of it to maintain his flight-abilities (it was the egg of avion in Filmation, if I remember correctly)

- Mer-Man, real name Squidish Rex. Mer-Man is the ruler of the undersea realms of Eternia. Is he liked as a ruler or is he a tyrant? Mer-Man was forced to serve in the armies of Skeletor after his kingdom was destroyed in a battle with ? clans. Why and how was he forced to serve Skeletor? Is he still a ruler after having his kingdom destroyed? His allegiance with Skeletor brings him to the surface world more often then he would like. Lurking beneath the sea of Rakash, Mer-Man awaits the evil call to arms of Skeletor! So he does not serve Skeletor willingly?

I guess I have spent way too much time thinking about these bios.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I like how Mer-Man's bio is from Icons of Evil. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't mind seeing an Aquaras(sp) figure
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    - King Grayskull had an alliance with a cosmic warrior called HE-RO and they fought against Hordak and King HSSSS together. Hordak apparently is still around with helping Keldor and all but what about King Hssss?
    Your answer might be in the MYP series and the MVC comics.

- Then we have He-man, who is Adam of the House of Randor. He is a direct descendent of King Grayskull and he was chosen to protect the power sword from evil. Chosen by whom?
    Chosen by faith. See the POG and the beginning episodes.

- Beast Man, real name Raqquill Rqazz. His home was in Vine Jungle, but he was banished. Why was he banished?
    This is partly explained in the Icons of Evil comic.

- He joined up with young alchemist Keldor during a skirmish in Berserker Islands. Where are Berserker Islands? Is the skirmish related to the clan wars mentioned in Mer-Man's bio?
    Again, see the IOE comic.

- He has gathered many of Eternia's greatest outcasts and evil warriors in his quest to siege Castle Grayskull. He believes the ultimate power source of the universe to be hidden there. Why does he believe so and what is this Power? Is it the power of the Elders, the power of Grayskull or something all together different?
    This is mostly answered in the first season of the MYP toon.

- Faker was built by Man-At-Arms to cover for He-Man when Prince Adam is needed, Faker was abandoned in the royal junkyard after his first mission and salvaged by the evil warrior Tri-Klops. So Tri-Klops is the tech-geek now?

They are drawing heavily from the 200x continuity and Triklops was a tech geek in that series.

Why is Faker blue? Why was faker abandoned in the junk yard. Is that related to the skin color?
    At the request of Skeletor, Faker was reprogrammed to replace He-Man and convince the people of Eternia that He-Man had betrayed King Randor and turned to evil. So, how did that work out? And does this mean He-man serves King Randor or that he is allied with him?
    He-Man works with the Defenders/Masters so yes, he is in service of the king in a way. The robot that was put in the junkjard also originated in the MYP series.

- Mer-Man, real name Squidish Rex. Mer-Man is the ruler of the undersea realms of Eternia. Is he liked as a ruler or is he a tyrant? Mer-Man was forced to serve in the armies of Skeletor after his kingdom was destroyed in a battle with ? clans.
    You should really read the Icons of Evil comics.. It's explained in the Merman IOE comic.

Why and how was he forced to serve Skeletor? Is he still a ruler after having his kingdom destroyed? His allegiance with Skeletor brings him to the surface world more often then he would like. Lurking beneath the sea of Rakash, Mer-Man awaits the evil call to arms of Skeletor! So he does not serve Skeletor willingly?
    His kingdom was destroyed so there is nothing left to be a ruler of. After Mermans "defeat".. (Technicly he defeated himself) the comic ended. So we are not sure how he did end up in Skeletors service but I assume Merman just had no place else to go. Much like many others of Skeletors henchmen.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hello all!
    Does anyone here got a Skeletorīs bio with "Demo-Man" cited, like in the begining of this thread?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    The robot that was put in the junkjard also originated in the MYP series.
    ...and MYP got the idea for the He-Man robot (and the episode "The Courage of Adam") from the Filmation episode "Disappearing Act". At least, the episodes are so similar that I think one can assume such. It just so happens that MYP decided to leave the plot thread that was robot He-Man open for Faker later on; Filmation, which introduced Faker an episode before (in "The Shaping Staff") and didn't really even keep strict continuity between episodes (that is, you could shuffle them into any order in the first season and still feel like they are in sequence), did not make such a decision.

As for Duncan leaving the robot in the royal scrapyard, I don't really see what the big deal is. We have no idea what condition the robot was in and, considering how well (or poorly) that "first mission" went, Duncan may have just scrapped the idea altogether. *shrugs* Much like a 20 minute episode used to explain King Grayskull's relationship to the rest of the MOTU mythos, a paragraph of bio information isn't really sufficient to flesh out/clarify every little point that's brought up or deemed "incorrect"/"inconsistent" by fans. I think Mattel realizes this, and that's why Matty's caveat (that there is no "canon" to MOTU) exists.

Hi Neo,

thanks for taking the time to answer. I have read all the MVC-comics, seen the whole MYP series and read the original minis. But I did not see the connection.

I do hope they clarify things in the future though in some form. Especially King Grayskull's part in all this.

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Hello all!
    Does anyone here got a Skeletorīs bio with "Demo-Man" cited, like in the begining of this thread?
    No. It has been stated, that the name didn't clear with legal-department in time to be printed on the actual cardbacks. But it has been updated to MattyCollector.Com website.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    - Skeletor self-proclaimed Evil Lord of Destruction. Real name, Keldor. Keldor was mortally wounded in a battle with his half-brother captain Randor. His dark-arts master Hordak saved his life by merging Keldor with Demo-Man from despondos. Thus Keldor became Skeletor. So, is Keldor direct descendant of Grayskull aswell? :
    That is the suggestion the makers have made in DVD Volume 1's commentaries. The whole issue of Grayskull-lineage going down from Grayskull - (unknown amount of generations between) - Miro - Randor & Keldor - Adam.

Thanks Jukka!

So, then that might mean that in the MOTUC - mythos Miro is also a Captain, not a king. Interesting. I kinda start liking this mythos more and more. Now I absolutely must know who is Keldor's mother and when will a figure of her, Miro and Randor's mother be produced.

heidi

My marketplace feedback

First post now updated with full Mer-Man bio

Can't wait for Zodac next!

Loving the story combo here.

After careful reading of the mini stories on the back of each character for the "New Classic" line, I found my self falling in love with this perfect adaptation of the MOTU (Storyverse). Mattel was very smart on how they did this. Bringing the time line of the MYP series and merging it the old mythology stories of the old series.
    EG: two halves of the powersword.

I find my self thinking if done right and they continue to just focus on the figures for now this may eventually turn into some amazing in the future.

your thoughts.

I agree. While some bits have taken awhile for me to digest at first (Demo-Man, the Royal Junkyard bit), I am digging this stuff. It has been mentioned on several occassions that Mattel does indeed have a destination in mind with all of this.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!