Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Sales Status

WE DID IT GUYS!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    Great news TG! Thanks for the update, but please make sure you are keeping up on what the issues are with the ordering through the site.

1. Some are being packaged carelessly causing damage to the cards.
    2. No way to cancel an order once you place it.
    3. No email for customer service. International fans need this option.
    4. Easier to see shipping option. Many (myself included) skipped this because it was easy to miss.
    5. A way to let the warehouse know you are doing multiple orders so that do not assume it is a mistake and cancel one, more, or all your orders.
    6. Clearly stated times of shipping and arrival time frames. People are paying for 2 day and are getting them after people who paid for USPS. This needs to be more clear on how this works.
    7. Email communication needs to improve. People that are ordering are not getting the email letting them know their order went through.
    8. Educate the Mattel customer service reps on what is happening, where the figures are coming from, shipping time frames, and other issues that we are having. When we are calling, they are as clueless as we are and it gets really frustrating for everyone.

I am sure there are more issues, but that is all I can think of right now. Thanks again for your update!
    Yep, and after that, you get a defective figure. Loose leg or arm, bent parts, cheap paint job,etc. thanks for the good news of the future badly informed of the present.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Thats great news, but sales would most likely be alot higher if they didn`t CANCELL EVERYONE`S ORDERS! If they want support from us they better fix the issues at hand because it`s alot less stressful for me not to order than it is to through the same stuff every month.
    Well said!!! I for one would be alot happier at this news if TG could have included WHERE MY ORDER IS!!!????

Yeesh - you guys need some fight club in your life. I'm still waiting for my order to process so I feel your pain but let the sun shine in, this is great news for the line and you did your part to ensure MOTU can forge ahead.

This news makes me want to order a few more from this wave - once my first 3 arrive.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the great news! Here's to a bright new future for MOTU! Now, if we could just squeeze in the mini-comics I will consider this the greatest collectible ever.

Oh, and how about a subscription option, to save ordering online every month?

Lastly, since a bunch of us are clamoring for a curve-ball to be thrown into the mix, why not let us vote from a short list of lesser characters here on the org?

good to hear, thanks

we outta be glad we have motu back
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Wow this is great to hear! I am optimistic with this news that the line will go on for some time and we will get new updated figures that we did not get in the 200x like like Scareglow and Spikor as well as a new Hordak and King Hiss in old style. Those are what I am waiting for the most.

I was worried over the fact that maybe we would only get the original card back figures which we also got in 2002 and never make it to new figures but I feel a lot better about this now.

I am happy with how the ordering process went for me. Everything went smoothly and I got the figures in 24 hours! That's service.
    I know some people are having problems but I am hoping that everything will be fine tuned for the next figures.

If sales were that strong with two figures maybe it'll give Mattel some ideas...

TG -

I worked with JVS3 to compile this info to send to you a couple days ago about problems many fans are facing.
    I know everyone here would be very grateful if you or someone at Mattel would address the following problems for us.
    Thanks!

ORDERING

Order History Cleared:
    Although past orders showed up in ordering history after the initial ordering process, they disappeared for some users for a time, and the order could also not be found using the search feature:

Please see this thread for more info

Although in most cases the order history returned, there were users who ended up ordering two sets accidentally, or at the suggestion of a customer service representative:

Please see this post for more info

This also caused headaches for those who were hoping to cancel orders because of mistakes they made when ordering:

Lack of or Delay of Confirmation/Shipping E-mail:
    One of the most prevalent problems is the lack of an order confirmation e-mail or shipping e-mail for some users. For many the process was very smooth, and they got confirmation e-mails almost instantly. However, some users never received either e-mail or only received one or the other. Some had their cards charged and their figures shipped and never received the e-mails, but others are still waiting on a confirmation a week later even if they ordered the same day they went on sale.

Important suggestion: Having some way other than a phone number for fans to contact customer support, and get a speedy reply, would go a long ways to helping fans, especially international fans who can't afford expensive calls overseas.

Orders Cancelled
    After about a week, some customers received an e-mail that their orders had been cancelled with no included explanation. There does seem to be a pattern, however, as for the most part (so far) these customers had multiple orders withthe same billing information. Sometimes only one of the orders were cancelled:

This post details the e-mail they received

Other Ordering Issues:
    Some users were charged tax for international orders:
    And this post as well

SHIPPING

2-Day Shipping Orders Sent Out Long After Orders With Slower Shipping Methods
    Some customers paid for the more expensive 2-Day shipping, but found that their orders were still "in process" a couple days later:

While others who had ordered around the same time and chose a slower shipping option had their order shipped the next day. Some even received their order, and they were geographically just as close:

Tracking Information Confusion
    On the Mattycollector.com site FAQ, it says tracking is not available for Economy Shipping, but in the confirmation e-mails customers are given a tracking number anyway. This tracking number does not appear to work.

2-Day Shipping Confusion
    There seems to be some confusion as to what sort of guarantee, if any, the 2-Day shipping is making for the customer. There seems to be a disconnect between the customer's expectation and the service they are getting:

Shipping Packaging
    While some people were happy with the packaging for shipping, there is concern that the way the figures are packaged do not protect the product packaging enough which is leading to damaged cards unsuitable for mint on card collectors. You will find that many fans will say that protective packaging is a huge priority, especially for figures that many consider cost a premium:

And this post
    And this post too

Thanks!

I really don't buy it. I think TG is just doing damage control. Like the shell game, distract us with some hollow good news to take our minds off the problems the site has been having. Don't get me wrong I would love to see this line run on for years but I think TG could have addressed some issues here as well as giving us some future prospectus.

Great post JonWes! It's really great to see someone post something like that and trying to be constructive rather than just ranting in every post they make! Kudos!! I'm sure ToyGuru appreciates the effort you've made here gathering all the concerns together in one post.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    I really don't buy it. I think TG is just doing damage control. Like the shell game, distract us with some hollow good news to take our minds off the problems the site has been having. Don't get me wrong I would love to see this line run on for years but I think TG could have addressed some issues here as well as giving us some future prospectus.
    ...damage control by saying that the figures are selling like they wanted them to,
    and that they're going to continue into 2010? That's hollow good news?

Thanks for stopping by to update us Toyguru, much appreciated!

Hopefully mini comics will be seriously considered as well...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Excellent news!!!!
    ... But Now I may not have the possibility to wait until skeletor release to order an other He-man...

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That's so good to hear. I just hope the figures keep selling well. I can't wait to see what Mattel have got lined up for 2009 and 2010 - Beasts and Vehicles? So looking forward to them - Mini comic next year would also be welcome.

the complaints are good things...and not just whining....
    these are issues that mattel will hopefully listen to ..and address...
    i am hope that they will improve on also...

i also hope the fans are not gonna give up because it was not PERFECT right out of the gates....
    ---------------

and Mattel please listen to what you are hearing here...as a chance to improve...and toyguru if you read this we appreciate all ya do..
    ---------------

many of the complaints are valid and i hope each month things will go smoother and smoother
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    i also hope the fans are not gonna give up because it was not PERFECT right out of the gates....
    I hope so.

I red many complains on the boards and most of them (for not saying all of them) were justified. But I also red people saying they will give up with the line because of that.
    Of course, this is something legitimate as far as the problem is not solved.
    But if it is, and I hope it will, then I expect these people to change their mind.

For my part, I had problems with the order process such as with customs (independent from Mattel).
    For instance I didn't check the items (Are they mint?). I hope I won't have any bad surprise. But so far and, as much as I can afford, I will go on with this new line because the figures are what I was expecting and because I'm convinced Mattel will succeed in resolving all the issues.

One step closer to the line lasting long enough for POP and NA characters.

I foresee an ordering frenzy [panic] toward the end of the month, as fans desperately try to get He-Man and Beast Man before they're gone.

Let's not allow the momentum to slow down. Save up that money for Skeletor next month.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

good to hear the line is doing well so far

Great news.

A battle cat with classic and 200x helmet would be amazing!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I don't want to sound negative, but how will the orders continue at the current rate over the next month? Obviously there was a massive influx of orders for the first couple weeks because they just went on sale and everyone wanted them right away, I just envision them dropping off now. I'm sure some stragglers will come along, but no where near the initial week will be purchasing now.

Hello there, Toyguru!

I hope you are reading this. Thank you for updating us. I am one of the lucky fans who has received their figures. I have to say wow, I am impressed with these figures and hope that the "MotU:C" line has many years ahead of it. It is fantastic to have "MotU" back again.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Soooo Cool!!!

I Hope POP gets in the line soon!

Long Live MOTU legend!

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    I don't want to sound negative, but how will the orders continue at the current rate over the next month? Obviously there was a massive influx of orders for the first couple weeks because they just went on sale and everyone wanted them right away, I just envision them dropping off now. I'm sure some stragglers will come along, but no where near the initial week will be purchasing now.
    I don't know, I'm no sales expert by any means.
    You bring up a fair question, I think there are many reasons for why various people will buy when they do.
    Sure the die hards like most of us here will order within the first few days. But as we get our orders, show the figs to friends who might also be interested may come in and snatch a few figs for themselves, then there are customizers who will buy up extras if they hear there are extras...

I think of the Four Horsemen's Xetheus figure. He was the first FANtastic Exclusive figure, and they had stock of him for one year. The next figure was Ramathorr, also of the Seventh Kingdom, and more fans took to the property as the year went on, and at the end of the year, they sold all their stock (of Xetheus), there was a surge of buyers there at the end.

I could see a similar deal with these figures. Hopefully it will build momentum as it goes, pick up fans along the way. And when your buddy at work, or your brother, or the guy or gal you grew up with sees from your collection that they're making new figs, and they want some, and you tell them Skeletor is right around the corner, not all, but a fair amount might jump onboard, and they'll want to catch up with what they can.

Sure, those of us fanatics that are online all the time and know when these go on sale we snatch up what we can. But not every collector out there is that way, word of mouth will do well for this line I think. Especially as we've seen in hand that these figures are truly amazing.

That's my two cents.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

In addition to what Baena said...

There are going to be some folks who maybe couldn't afford a purchase/more purchases, but will be able to do so thanks to getting Christmas money as a gift. There's probably going to be that surge at the end.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Even with Skeletor coming next month?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)