Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Man-E-Faces speculation/discussion thread

MOTUC Man-E-Faces speculation/discussion thread

So Lay Ze-Man posted these very fun pics, and it got me thinking...

We know all the figure's heads can pop off and be exchangeable right?

Well who better to make full use of that feature than Man-E-Faces!

(I so hope they look to his packaging artwork here for the "look" of the figure!)

How cool would it be to be able to interchange his head with the others?!

Now you may initially think it's not possible because of his helmet... I would be willing to bet the 4HM could figure it out.

I think you could have the helmet be one piece that's removable, but that the top part that "switches" the heads around fits onto the top of Man-E's head. Man-E's head can then pop off like all the others.

You could even have Man-E's armor be removable like all the others, so he can share the upper and lower torso parts with He-Man, Skeletor, MAA and most all the other figs.

What do you all think?

Then Man-E-Faces not only has his three forms, but he could become any of the other figures and truly be MANY FACES!

He even could potentially come with FOUR heads!
    One sculpt with all three faces, like the standard figures we've always had of him.

Then one complete human head.
    One complete monster.
    And one complete robot head!

So Man-E-Faces could share parts on his torso, and his legs. (TrapJaw, Roboto)

He'd have new arms, new armor, heads, helmet and gun accessories.

I'm sure it could be done! What say ye?!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I'm in!! And pack in a lot of weapons!!!

I like the idea of him being able to use any figures head but at the same time I think it may make the helmet look too bulky. But like you say, Baena, the 4HM could probably find a way to make it work.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Id rather 1 dial head with 3 faces, THEN you can remove that and add the other heads too.

Best of both worlds.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't know that it's entirely possible because of the different head, hair and helmut sizes (think Skeletor - big head, Teela or She-Ra - lots of hair and Man-At-Arms/RamMan - big helmuts) but I really like the idea. I'm all for innovation and playability!

I hope the give him all the Man-E-Weapons weapons too.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I always thought it would be fun if there were more "dials" you could pop in. One with the standard faces, more with other faces, skull, alien, reptile, etc.....
    Last edited by danielsan52; August 25, 2009 at 08:20pm.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I don't know that it's entirely possible because of the different head, hair and helmut sizes (think Skeletor - big head, Teela or She-Ra - lots of hair and Man-At-Arms/RamMan - big helmuts) but I really like the idea. I'm all for innovation and playability!
    Yeah, I don't imagine the helmet being used for any other head other than the spinny head.
    Which in my mind is why it must be removable from the rest of his body armor.

But danielsan52 makes and EXCELLENT point of having other "spinny" heads!
    I love that idea!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

I'm not sure it would work, but hey if they can figure it out, it would be an awesome feature for Man E, after all he is the master of disguise!!

It's a cool idea. I like the idea of just the dial, but the this would be a lot of fun. I think it'd be awesome if his head is a helmet somehow, no matter what's underneath.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it would be awesome if it could come off, and the horsies could definitely pull it off!

Regardless, they ought to market that Beastman with He-man head. I always wondered what he'd look like if he quit waxing!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Yeah, I don't imagine the helmet being used for any other head other than the spinny head.
    Which in my mind is why it must be removable from the rest of his body armor.

But danielsan52 makes and EXCELLENT point of having other "spinny" heads!
    I love that idea!
    Okay, that makes more sense. More spinny heads would be AWESOME, but I don't think Mattel would go for the expense. I'm sure the 4HM can figure something out though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Baena: I am in LOVE with your Man-E-Faces ideas. Very very awesome. I want the exact toy you have just described and I want it ASAP! You get a sticker!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I want the spinny faces too. (Get it? Spin-E-Faces)

Multiple heads seem like too expensive of an option. Maybe they'll just make snap on faces or something.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    I love the idea of man-e-faces done in the classic style. always one of my favourite figures
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

I think it all sounds rather cool but my guess is that Man-E-Faces is already figured out.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I think it all sounds rather cool but my guess is that Man-E-Faces is already figured out.
    i agree. my guess is their design team and the 4 horsemen have already gone through a good chunk of the MOTU figures they would want to do and figured out how to contruct them.

doesnt hurt for us to play "guess how they are gonna do it".

i dont see multiple heads being an option(too costly). i envision a helmet connected to the armor(and neck joint) with a head that can spin inside it. i wouldnt like mulptiple heads anyway since they would likely just be put in a drawer and lost and there for MEF would lose his feature.

i am more curious on how they are gonna do the figures that need the full body armor pieces on their torsos and still keep the articulation, if in fact they keep those pieces armor and not molded
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Cool ideas!

I just want a MEF as soon as possible, because

a) I've always been a big fan
    b) Imagine how many characters could share his legs and even torso parts
    c) They could release the cardback fleshtone version AND the toy orange skin version and set a precedent for fans wanting and buying thoughtful repaints

As far as ideas how to do the head, here's something I just thought of.

What if the spinning head and head/neck articulation were combined?
    The MEF head piece could have two parts: the helmet "shell" piece, and the faces piece.
    Think of a regular head on a ball jointed neck, how it can spin 360º.
    And the head sculpt would be sculpted as a single piece with the dial stuck on the top of his head.
    Then just have the head sculpt "floating" enough within the helmet shell so that you can tilt the head a little forward and back, and just turn his head and keep going until you reveal each additional face.

Actually, looking at that cardback art again, the 4H could even make the helmet attached to the armor.
    Slip the helmet over the head sculpt and then attach the armor in the back like He-Man's.

Just think it would be cool to finally get a MEF with a slightly poseable head.

I think Man-E will be one of the few figures, like in the original line that will be different as he will be a unique sculpt body wise. He will also be one of the few to actually keep the action feature he came with originally.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I'm all for getting Man-E-Faces asap.
    He was my first MOTU figure, and I loved him.

But if I'm not mistaken, didn't Toyguru say that he would have the spinning faces reature?

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Cool ideas!

As far as ideas how to do the head, here's something I just thought of.

What if the spinning head and head/neck articulation were combined?
    The MEF head piece could have two parts: the helmet "shell" piece, and the faces piece.
    Think of a regular head on a ball jointed neck, how it can spin 360º.
    And the head sculpt would be sculpted as a single piece with the dial stuck on the top of his head.
    Then just have the head sculpt "floating" enough within the helmet shell so that you can tilt the head a little forward and back, and just turn his head and keep going until you reveal each additional face.

Actually, looking at that cardback art again, the 4H could even make the helmet attached to the armor.
    Slip the helmet over the head sculpt and then attach the armor in the back like He-Man's.

yup that is along the exact same lines i had thought of as well. a sculpted head with three faces attached to the body like a normal head and the helmet/harness/armor can fit over snugly over the head. you can still turn/spin the head and get the same type of action feature yet you dont have to make an all new body and keep articulation in tact.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Depp View Post

But if I'm not mistaken, didn't Toyguru say that he would have the spinning faces reature?
    I though I read that somewhere as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Cool ideas!

I just want a MEF as soon as possible, because

a) I've always been a big fan
    b) Imagine how many characters could share his legs and even torso parts
    c) They could release the cardback fleshtone version AND the toy orange skin version and set a precedent for fans wanting and buying thoughtful repaints

That's how I feel and what I want.
    I like the idea of more "spin-e" heads to swap out under his helmet.

I never realized that He was supposed to be bare chested. Because my figure had the orange type color to him, I figured it was part of his suit.

Anyway, Man-E-Faces is a kick-ass figure and a beloved Master by many, lets get this guy out soon.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah! I love the extra 'spinny heads" idea for more desguises. I really like the old box art color scheme for him also!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Depp View Post

He did, yep.

This new idea doesn't remove the spinny head feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    He did, yep.

This new idea doesn't remove the spinny head feature.
    Can someone refer me to where Toyguru said this? I know more-than-likely in the Q & As, but which one? This is one answer I must've missed.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."