Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Man-E-Faces speculation/discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I like the orange colors the best.

I look at it as being part of his suit and not his skin.
    I agree with this. Orange suit first, then the cardback version as a later bonus figure please.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    This is the version I'd want.

Cardback armor design.
    Skin tone, not orange.
    Purples instead of pinks on his armor.
    I have to agree. That's the version I've always wanted, but I'd honestly be happy with either version as long as the armor around his neck and the sides of his head are not the same color as his skin.

Card Back Version!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto's Left Hand View Post
    I'd want the toy colors. It's how I remember him. Be it the toy, the book, the toon. He always looked like that other then the cardback image.
    Agreed. I don't remember the card back one at all... He looks kind of creepy undead thing going for him. I like the Orange suit because that's the toy I had.

Also if it's SUPPOSED to be flesh tone... WHy doesn't he turn green when's monster and Silver when he's robotic? If he's wearing a suit that's explained... if its skin, I don't get it...

I say that I want any of them but I want him as soon as posible!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agreed. I don't remember the card back one at all... He looks kind of creepy undead thing going for him. I like the Orange suit because that's the toy I had.

Also if it's SUPPOSED to be flesh tone... WHy doesn't he turn green when's monster and Silver when he's robotic? If he's wearing a suit that's explained... if its skin, I don't get it...
    The only problem with that idea is that his human face is the same colour orange as the rest of his body, so it must be skin.

He's not a shapeshifter, it's only his faces that change.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 26, 2010 at 12:54pm.

Honestly, I'd take both, but given only one option, I think it's time for the cardback version!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Orange without a doubt. Vintage styled and in the flesh tone he looks like a naked guy with some strategically placed tubing

more orange with the magenta bright glossy colors!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

My vote is for vintage toy colouring. It is time for more colour on the heroic warriors! Too many bland flesh-tone heroes. The cardback option looks like the poor actor hasn't seen enough sun and would be picked on in the schoolyard. Besides, I think the orange-colour better suits the monster face and the cardback helmet is way too big and bulky!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would prefer something in the middle with these mock-ups. The pale seems a bit too pale and the orange is a bit much. I cannot wait for MAN-E!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    MEF will most probably come orange like the toy. Evil-lyn is coming out yellow, even though the fans didn't want her in that color.
    Agree with this. However Typical flesh colour would likely be better, but the toy orange should win out. Though I hope they tone it down.

I always thought he was "nekkid" under the blue parts, but if the orange was supposed to be a suit like Man-At-Arms green, that's fine conceptually. His face wasnt orange right?

But if that is his skin, I'd prefer the non orange skin, cause his face shouldnt be orange. Oh well. We'll see. No matter what, he'll be one of my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Agree with this. However Typical flesh colour would likely be better, but the toy orange should win out. Though I hope they tone it down.

I always thought he was "nekkid" under the blue parts, but if the orange was supposed to be a suit like Man-At-Arms green, that's fine conceptually. His face wasnt orange right?

But if that is his skin, I'd prefer the non orange skin, cause his face shouldnt be orange. Oh well. We'll see. No matter what, he'll be one of my favourites.
    I would say a nice tanned complexion, not the overly orange one from the vintage toy. Something that looks more natural. Keep the armor colors of the vintage toy though the other one is too dull IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Orange for me, though I would not mind a cardback version down the road.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
    Orange without a doubt. Vintage styled and in the flesh tone he looks like a naked guy with some strategically placed tubing
    To be fair though how is he any more naked than say He-Man?
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I think we are going to get the orange version in keeping with the toy look which is reasonable to conclude based upon the past. I wouldn't mind seeing either version though. Of course the version they don't use could always end up being the second release of the figure at some later point. I'm going to go with the orange version to start with.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Heroic Warrior
    Orange. I always felt the orange skin was one of the things that set MEF apart, much like skeletor's blue skin.

All they gotta do is to release both versions, plus a new possibly greenish colored one so I can display all three heads.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Flesh tones for me. Maybe a bit bronzed, for an orange-homage, but the original toy just looks like a cheddar cheese nightmare.

This is the version I'd want.

Cardback armor design.
    Skin tone, not orange.

http://www.mastersunbound.com/box%20...faces_ill2.jpg
    This is the version I would like aswell

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    If I had to choose, I would take the toy-colored version. That's the one I remember and recognize. The flesh tone looks weird to me. I'll get him no matter what, though.

I'd like the orange version.

I like the flesh tones version better.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Which one would you like released? Orange skin tone/armor like the original toy or regular skin tone like the original card back illustrations? ...http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9513/manefacesweb.jpg... The original mock up was shown at http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...182521&page=16
    ...Cardback armor design.
    Skin tone, not orange.

http://www.mastersunbound.com/box%20...faces_ill2.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=2226
    And a link to The Ordeal of Man-E-Faces, for good measure!

Personally, I'm really hoping for card-back colors. For me to be interested in buying a toy-colored version for myself, I think the orange actually has to be more orange. The almost brown-orange color of the figure wasn't something I ever liked about it as a kid. Plus, the poor paint apps on the arms and legs over the blue never seemed as thick as they should have.

All that being said, I'm guessing we'll get toy colors and I'll either give my subscription figure to a friend as a gift (if it's this year), or I'll only buy it with card-back colors if it's after this year and DR isn't doing fulfillment.