Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Man-E-Faces speculation/discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    Thinking back, why didn't they ever use the Man-e-faces Body again? They could have made an evil version and given him different faces... Oh well.

With all the articulation they are giving these figures, I don't see why they wouldn't just give him the helmet with the turney head inside instead of multiple heads.

I love the idea!!

Just I think it'd be way too expensive for Mattel to attend anytime soon...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

What are the chances of a MOTUC Man-E-Faces?

What do you think the chances are of seeing a MOTUClassics Man-E-Faces? We've been told that the figures won't have action figures, but surely it would be simple enough for Man-E to have his face-changing feature?
    It's not much different from Tri-Klops' rotating eyes really, IMO.

I'd love to see a complete line-up of the classic first two waves, and it won't be the same without Man-E.

Thoughts?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'd say the chances are very good. He's a popular enough character to have pop culture references (Robot Chicken) and I agree that it would be easy enough to do a Tri-Klops sort of deal with being able to change faces, but not necessarily be an action feature. I mean, same goes with Mecha-Neck. I think for these sort of characters where the feature is a base for themselves, the feature will be included somehow.

Everything about this line has been handled well by the 4H to ensure the adult collectors will be happy, and I have faith it will continue in that fashion.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Tuh, why do I never see the pre-existing threads and get merged (sorry admin).

Anyway, while I think it is important to see Man-E keep his classic three-head feature, I like the idea of being able to change heads with other features. I'm sure 4H can work it out somehow.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    If they can't do the spinning head feature; I'd settle for magnetized face plates like how they did the multiple eyes for Bender in the Futurama series.

I really hope Mattel and the 4HM see this thread because I really think that Man-E-Faces is totally feasable given he will share legs with other characters, and his torso doesn't have to be any more unique than the other characters.
    Just give him removable armor and the only newly tooled pieces you'd need are:

- a new head
    - new armor
    - a helmet to house the interchangeable/spinning head
    - new arms that could be shared with others down the line
    - new weapon

That's it!!!

Pieces that would share with others

- upper and lower torso
    - hip and lower torso to be shared with TJ and Roboto and possibly others of say, the NA line?
    - the legs n' feet

The shared list isn't as long, but it's a substantial amount of plastic for the figure that IS shared.

Heck, if they handle his arm armor like they did with Man-At-Arms, then his arms could still be the standard He-Man arms, just give him new hands.

C'mon Toyguru! Whaddya say?!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

If Man E Faces has removable helmet/armor:

If the entire helmet is made as detachable armor, then the rotating head will have to attach to the ball joint on the neck or to the helmet itself. If the head attaches to the ball joint, then it will be hard to flip the faces around without removing the helmet/armor. And besides that, the spinning head will look just plain disturbing without the helmet. If the head attaches to the helmet/armor then the spinning feature will be easier via a knob at the top of the helmet. But without the armor, you’ll have a completely headless figure. Neither of these options work for me.

My preference:

Keep it old school by having a non-removable helmet with a knob at the top to spin the faces. They’d only need to sculpt a new upper torso. They could make it like the 200X Man E Faces with a helmet that turns, faces that spin within that helmet, and the additional armor could be removable.

Either route they go will still have the additional parts for Trapjaw and Roboto.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Man-E-Faces needs the old turn knob style.
    Changing heads is neat but to me it takes away
    from the point of the figure.
    He is not Man-E-Heads.

The whole point of him is that he changes faces.
    If the toy changes that it just make him all...
    off.
    IMO
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockthePlank View Post
    I'd say the chances are very good. He's a popular enough character to have pop culture references (Robot Chicken) and I agree that it would be easy enough to do a Tri-Klops sort of deal with being able to change faces, but not necessarily be an action feature. I mean, same goes with Mecha-Neck. I think for these sort of characters where the feature is a base for themselves, the feature will be included somehow.

Everything about this line has been handled well by the 4H to ensure the adult collectors will be happy, and I have faith it will continue in that fashion.
    Don't forget Stewie was playing him, Starscream and Spongebob Squarepants on an episode of Family Guy...lol

I really hope he's tanned like the 80's and 200X figure. I dislike his pale cardback skin-tone.

i'm looking forward to man-e-faces ... him and trap-jaw are going to be show-stoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post

If the entire helmet is made as detachable armor, then the rotating head will have to attach to the ball joint on the neck or to the helmet itself. If the head attaches to the ball joint, then it will be hard to flip the faces around without removing the helmet/armor. And besides that, the spinning head will look just plain disturbing without the helmet. If the head attaches to the helmet/armor then the spinning feature will be easier via a knob at the top of the helmet. But without the armor, you’ll have a completely headless figure. Neither of these options work for me.
    Combine the two. A fully removable helmet/armor piece, with the dial-a-head built in, but put a ball joint socket on the bottom of the spinning head so that the ball joint on the neck connects to the bottom of the socket on the dial-a-head.

I remember reading that or hearing that too...

but they could make the helmet removeable - and leave a circle of the armor where the helmet attaches... like an old-fashioned space suit/astronaut helmet connection... and then you would just see the head-post and it could be used with other heads!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    off.
    I do not agree. We know there will be no action features. The old face change was an action feature. Therefore I suggest to just go with regular heads and a helmet that can be attached to a seperatable armor. This way Man-E-Faces could change his face to all the figures faces.

I'm looking forward for man-e-faces since the relaunch of MOTU. The 200X version was too skinny and the weapon was too big. I like the idea of giving him lots of faces (and maybe few more weapons a lá man-e-weapons). Skin color must be like the original figure IMO, but I can live with a paler one.
    To infinity, and beyond!

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Man! I had a dream about Man-E-Faces and Webstor last night, they were on the back of my Stratos figure lol too bad thats not gunna happen anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post

My preference:

Keep it old school by having a non-removable helmet with a knob at the top to spin the faces. They’d only need to sculpt a new upper torso. They could make it like the 200X Man E Faces with a helmet that turns, faces that spin within that helmet, and the additional armor could be removable.
    Man-E-Faces needs the old turn knob style.
    Changing heads is neat but to me it takes away
    from the point of the figure.
    He is not Man-E-Heads.

off.
    IMO
    Nah, I don't agree with either of you.
    I think the head could have something on the top of it that locks onto the bottom of the nob, inside the helmet, the head can rotate freely over the standard ball joint neck, inside the helmet.

I'm sure it could work out. Prove me wrong!!!

If my idea works, it's the best of both worlds.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Nah, I don't agree with either of you.
    I think the head could have something on the top of it that locks onto the bottom of the nob, inside the helmet, the head can rotate freely over the standard ball joint neck, inside the helmet.

I'm sure it could work out. Prove me wrong!!!

If my idea works, it's the best of both worlds.
    But are you meaning 1 head or 3?
    I dont mind so much how its done,
    I just think he should have different faces not different heads.
    I dont want different heads.
    I dont want to remove heads to display him different ways,
    I just wanna turn a knob or whatever works.
    But when it comes down to it,
    I'll get him no matter what.
    Last edited by Raining Light; February 21, 2009 at 11:41pm.

I seriously doubt he'll have three heads. Yes, we don't get action features but - again - this is more like a point of articulation (like Tri-Klops visor) then an action feature that requires separate, inner mechanics (like, say, Snout Spout.)

Heroic Warrior
    They could easily just make the helmet with the hoses coming down, and attach the knob to the top allowing you to turn the faces around, just make the hole for the helmet fit snug right over the neck, but leave enough room inside the rotating face part to keep it from rubbing the ball joint on top of the neck. They could even just "glue" the helmet on, and just leave a void inside the head so you could still turn the faces without having to "snap" it onto the neck's ball joint.

They could use He-man's Torso, and the arm and legs could go to Trap-jaw, without the need to sculpt a whole new Torso for just one figure.

Baena- I love your idea! So much, I will be kinda let down if the figure we get don't have this feature lol.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I seriously doubt he'll have three heads. Yes, we don't get action features but - again - this is more like a point of articulation (like Tri-Klops visor) then an action feature that requires separate, inner mechanics (like, say, Snout Spout.)
    yup, that is how i see it. it is less an action feature and more a point of articulation like you said. it requires no internal mechanincs like mekanek

I really hope Mattel and the 4HM see this thread because I really think that Man-E-Faces is totally feasable given he will share legs with other characters, and his torso doesn't have to be any more unique than the other characters.
    Just give him removable armor and the only newly tooled pieces you'd need are:

- a new head
    - new armor
    - a helmet to house the interchangeable/spinning head
    - new arms that could be shared with others down the line
    - new weapon

That's it!!!

Pieces that would share with others

- upper and lower torso
    - hip and lower torso to be shared with TJ and Roboto and possibly others of say, the NA line?
    - the legs n' feet

The shared list isn't as long, but it's a substantial amount of plastic for the figure that IS shared.

Heck, if they handle his arm armor like they did with Man-At-Arms, then his arms could still be the standard He-Man arms, just give him new hands.

C'mon Toyguru! Whaddya say?!
    actually the shoulders prob dont need to be new. they could also reuse the left arm for trapjaw(or vice versa). they could also make it removeable armor on the arms. however, remember we have been told it is just as costly to tool new armor as it is to tool new arms.

as for the feature i agree with you. they have a 3 sided head attached like normal and then attached to the top of the armor. it still spins. everyone wins.

however i like the idea i could put he-man's or skeletor's head on him now
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

But are you meaning 1 head or 3?
    I dont mind so much how its done,
    I just think he should have different faces not different heads.
    I dont want different heads.
    I dont want to remove heads to display him different ways,
    I just wanna turn a knob or whatever works.
    But when it comes down to it,
    I'll get him no matter what.
    You gotta re-read my posts man. What I propose is really the best of both worlds.

He'd keep the three faced spinny head.
    I'm just saying there is a way where it could be removable.

I did add that it could be cool if he had three full heads of his various forms, but that would be an option, the initial idea would be that he'd have his three faced head.

@ King Khan... Yes, I know armor is a lot on tooling as well. But really the amount of new armor Man-E would have, isn't any more than what Merman or MAA have.

You gotta re-read my posts man. What I propose is really the best of both worlds.

I did add that it could be cool if he had three full heads of his various forms, but that would be an option, the initial idea would be that he'd have his three faced head.

@ King Khan... Yes, I know armor is a lot on tooling as well. But really the amount of new armor Man-E would have, isn't any more than what Merman or MAA have.

Thats just my way of making sure I undestood your right.
    Although it was unclear(to me) how many heads you meant.
    Removable would be neat, but not neccassary(sp?).

i like your idea of having the original 3 spinning heads be removable. i don't know if you were getting at this, but besides having this option, im hoping mattel makes it where you can remove the 3 headed face from the helmet and then plug any head onto the neck and snap the now empty helmet over the head. i think this would be best as you can have all 3 original spinning heads on one piece, but then you can also have the option to remove that and replace it with any head, like say, skeletor for example.