Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Man-E-Faces speculation/discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    i like your idea of having the original 3 spinning heads be removable. i don't know if you were getting at this, but besides having this option, im hoping mattel makes it where you can remove the 3 headed face from the helmet and then plug any head onto the neck and snap the now empty helmet over the head. i think this would be best as you can have all 3 original spinning heads on one piece, but then you can also have the option to remove that and replace it with any head, like say, skeletor for example.
    While that would be very cool. I'm not sure how it could be pulled off without making the helmet ENORMOUS.

Not sure I'd want it that big, but that's just me.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Whilst I love the card back art for MEF I prefer the size and shape of the head on the classic fig. I always thought the card art head looked a bit big and clumsy.
    So for me, the perfect MEF would be card art body and colouring with fig size/shape head.
    Oh and Im pretty sure they could make his armour removable judging by the card art!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

yeah the helmet would have to big, but hasn't it always been? i think so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    While that would be very cool. I'm not sure how it could be pulled off without making the helmet ENORMOUS.

Not sure I'd want it that big, but that's just me.

Man-E-Faces is one of my favorite characters, and I would be very disappointed if his head wasn't designed similar to the classic figure with spinning faces.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Id rather 1 dial head with 3 faces, THEN you can remove that and add the other heads too.

Best of both worlds.
    Sounds good to me.

(I so hope they look to his packaging artwork here for the "look" of the figure!)
    YEAH, I'm down with this! I know the 4H made a comment once during the old 200X line that they wanted/were going to make a Man-E-Faces in the same style as the old packaging artwork, although the actual toy looks more like the 80's toy did. Maybe, as the figures have all been back-art accurate so far, the odds of seeing Man-E-Faces this way are not so far fetched??

~Co-Lec-Tor
    "Heroic Master of Collecting!"

Quote Originally Posted by Co-Lec-Tor View Post
    YEAH, I'm down with this! I know the 4H made a comment once during the old 200X line that they wanted/were going to make a Man-E-Faces in the same style as the old packaging artwork, although the actual toy looks more like the 80's toy did. Maybe, as the figures have all been back-art accurate so far, the odds of seeing Man-E-Faces this way are not so far fetched??

~Co-Lec-Tor
    Yeah, and all these features aside that's been suggested, at the very least, when they do get to MEF, I really hope he has the 12-back look.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

MOTUC Man-E-Faces: Original design or alternate heads?

So I was thinking: If/when we get Eternia's greatest actor, how will they do the helmet thing and keep the head articulation? Would you guys sacrifice the ball-jointed neck for the classic gimmick? And how will that thing fit on? Would it require a new upper torso? OR..... would they have three alternate heads to use and plug into the helmet with? Hopefully they'll find some way to retain the classic gimmick, it would kind of suck to have to pop the head and helmet off to switch personalities, but then again...it would be nice to finally have a man-e with a removable helmet... I dunno...what do my fellow He-Fans think?

P.S. I also hope he comes with three distinct weapons, but I figured out a design that utilizes a telescoping shaft and foldable prongs that can be turned from a spear/trident to a gun to a club/mace... If I can get the materials I'd love to customize it...

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I want a rotating head, this feature doesn´t have a complex mechanism, so it can rotate like Triklops head.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    I want them to do it like the 200X figure.

the classic spinning head trick, but also with neck articulation.

then have that part removable, so you can put the other figures' heads on the ball joint, to simulate the ability to assume any likeness!

I think its a given that Classics MEF will not have the full range of head motion that previous figures had because of the helmet and spinning face feature. I reckon he will have the neck articulation of the 200x version.

Maybe the 4H will figure out a way for the head to swivel slightly on the ball joint though, they are full of suprises!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post

then have that part removable, so you can put the other figures' heads on the ball joint, to simulate the ability to assume any likeness!
    I can't believe I say this, but... good idea!
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post

I agree.

I like the idea of having additional three-face "heads". So he can look like Skeletor, Beastman, Randor, etc.

Personally, I think the 200x fig was one of the best re-do's. The original figure was always a bit top heavy and clunky...even if he was one of my favorite figures. The only thing I dislike about the 200x fig was the fact that the faces were so dang small. I think the format of the classics figs will remedy that so we can see Man-e's faces in more detail now.

Pieces that would share with others

- hip and lower torso to be shared with TJ and Roboto and possibly others of say, the NA line?
    - the legs n' feet
    Quake from NA has legs that look similar to Man-E
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Quake from NA has legs that look similar to Man-E
    Good call!
    I'm certain there are plenty of NA figs that could benefit from the ManEFaces/TrapJaw/Roboto legs, and Roboto arms even.

Again, just re-iterating the fact that with the heads already being removable, what an opportunity to play off of that for Man-E-Faces. Please make his head easily removable also! Please?!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    For some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion that MEF might be one of the SDCC reveals.

I hope so at least! I really want him a lot especially after reading this thread again!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Re: Multiple heads for Man-E-Faces

It'll NEVER happen. Write that down.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Id rather 1 dial head with 3 faces, THEN you can remove that and add the other heads too.

Best of both worlds.

That's a great idea. Then he can really be a Master of Disguise!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I bet extra weapons is coming !
    3 of 5 is already made and they need those last two for Buzz-Off and Stinkor.
    IT WOULD BE SO COOL to have a sticker like the 80's "yellow star" that says "Free weapons inside... limited offer!".

Man-E-Faces with weapons - MOC
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

They have got to have a Man-E-faces in the works along with a Mekaneck. I think we would all be missing something if we didn't have those guys.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Yeah, I don't imagine the helmet being used for any other head other than the spinny head.
    Which in my mind is why it must be removable from the rest of his body armor.

But danielsan52 makes and EXCELLENT point of having other "spinny" heads!
    I love that idea!
    You could just have a couple different Spindles with other Master's faces on it.
    1 spindle with good guys one with the Classic and one with bad guys.
    It can be done.

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing Zodak, and how He-ro's undies were reused, I can see them reusing the same undies for Man-e, along with Trap Jaw's alternate arm. And then just having a helmet with a rotating head made to stick on a standard Torso instead of having another Torso made just for him.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.

Man-E-Faces Question?

Do you think the MOTU Classics one will still have the face rotation? I hope so. By the way am i the only one who wants a Man-E-Faces with more than just three faces. How about an alternate head with the other characters faces on it. Say He-Man, Man-at-Arms, and Stratos for a Heroic Warrior set and Skeletor, Beast Man, and MerMan for an Evil Warrior set? Kind of how he was displayed in the Filmation series.

My apologies for starting a new thread with this existing already. I'm new to the org. and slowly figuring my way around the place. Also apologies for bringing up points previously made by other posters.
    Last edited by triklops3eyes; August 25, 2009 at 03:44pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    Man-E- Faces can't be that far away after seeing the similar legs on Trap-Jaw.

I hope he comes after the first wave of figures that we know about in 2010.