Thread: What's My Motivation for Buying Faker @ NYCC?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar

What's My Motivation for Buying Faker @ NYCC?

Don't get me wrong, I intend to buy him when there. However, is the only advantage to buying him @ NYCC that I'll have him a bit earlier? Will his cost be the same as on mattycollector but without shipping fees? If we know that for sure, it would certainly be a good reason to get him when there. Are we 100% sure that there will be no difference at all between NYCC Faker and Matty Faker?

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I intend to buy him when there. However, is the only advantage to buying him @ NYCC that I'll have him a bit earlier? Will his cost be the same as on mattycollector but without shipping fees? If we know that for sure, it would certainly be a good reason to get him when there. Are we 100% sure that there will be no difference at all between NYCC Faker and Matty Faker?
    Yes we are 100%. It will be just like the King Grayskull.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Well besides having one first and saving on shipping you also don't have to deal with the hassle of trying to get him on line. I've only had minor problems with Matty but still it was enough for me to worry if I was ever going to get my figures.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Hmmmn, Chance to buy Faker in person, check that he's OK, no two right hands/legs/feet, not deal with Matty.com and Digital River, save the shipping costs and waive the agony of waiting for him to arrive in a beaten up box....or not?

Tricky one that.....

Yeah I'd say many of the things others have said would be pluses to being able to pick up Faker in person at the con. Motorthing brings up a good point…while I didn't get banged up cards, others did. I certainly hope they're going to pack these figures better this time around.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    saving on $8 shipping would be it 4 me , and the 4 week wait on the reguler shipping

I'll never understand why people choose regular USPS for shipping…UPS ground isn't even a dollar more if you choose that.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    saving on $8 shipping would be it 4 me , and the 4 week wait on the reguler shipping
    Has it been stated anywhere that he(or any other MOTUC that they're selling) will only be $20 @ the con?

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Has it been stated anywhere that he(or any other MOTUC that they're selling) will only be $20 @ the con?
    im sure hill be $25. 20 for the toy and 5 for the sticker to **** off the people waithing a month to get them

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    im sure hill be $25. 20 for the toy and 5 for the sticker to **** off the people waithing a month to get them
    I believe TG said that they decided not to use stickers or anything else to differentiate the convention figure (or packaging) from the one being ordered online. They will be exactly the same.

However, I don't recall seeing what the price will be for the Faker figure at the convention. It may be more than what he goes for on the site the following month. (??)

I`d rather wait because it`ll suck have no figure for the month of March