Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTFWTK 2.11 - Ask your questions here!

Has matty considered mentioning mattycollector.com during one of their "CARS" commercials being broadcasted on national televison
    Awesome sticker not included!™ Blade=sad!

Coming Soon: Masters of the DC Universe

Based on an answer in WTFWTK 3 (question 8), it seems that depending on the character, certain figures might get "retired" (for lack of a better term) after they sell out of their initial production run. When this happens, will their pages remain on mattycollector.com with "sold out" in place of an order button, or will there be some sort of archive section with a few pics and bios of sold out figures?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Many He-Man figures fans received had very glossy paint used on the face, which makes for a very unnatural look that is substantially different from the paint master, and makes for an inconsistent look across the line, since King Grayskull was cast in fairly matte fleshtone plastic. What steps are being taken to ensure future MOTUC figures (especially those with human fleshtones like Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, and Teela) are NOT painted with highly glossy paints?

will there be a way to buy some extra weapons, accessories, heads, etc seperatly.? for example, to make customs, or to replace broken damaged parts (my powersword has been damaged/bended and the battle axt lost some paint). you could sell them without some special packaging.

Heroic Warrior
    Could Mattel post some galleries of "work in progress" type photos each month, here, or on Matty? Maybe some shots of concept sketches for an upcoming figure, or of the 4H at work sculpting, or even figures getting painted at the factory. Just to help build some extra excitement each month?

Heroic Warrior
    Where does the She-Ra POP property stand right now? Is it in limbo, or does Mattel plan on tapping into a large female market that has long grown tired of uninspired female properties?

new box art

As of now it seems that the original art that appeared on the back of the packages of the '80s figures is being reused for the bios on the backs of MOTUC cards. Can we expect similarly styled artwork for the bios of characters that have never before been produced (He-Ro for example).

Thanks!

Heroic Warrior

articulation endurance

My brothers once had a fully-articulated Beast action figure that very quickly became a plastic rag doll. While I keep my figures on display, I do occasionally take them out and re-pose them in various fighting scenes. My concern is these great new figures will lose the resistance they have right now as quickly, so has Mattell done anything to counter this problem with these types of figures?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Matty's order Checkout is not using secure internet protocol page (https), could this be fixed? While I suppose it might still be sending some information in https, it is not transparent to the customer. I understand this is a technical question, but whoever is responsible for the websecurity should probably made aware.

Now that the Big-He has sold out how about a 12" of that mold in the vein of Zipline Batman or Cyborg Superman - something to really bring out the class of the 4 H sculpt? Could be a one-off mass retail release to test the water out there......or a Con exclusive. Either way I'd be happy.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing View Post
    Now that the Big-He has sold out how about a 12" of that mold in the vein of Zipline Batman or Cyborg Superman - something to really bring out the class of the 4 H sculpt? Could be a one-off mass retail release to test the water out there......or a Con exclusive. Either way I'd be happy.
    I know we're not really supposed to comment on questions, but just FYI, the MOTUC figures are sculpted at 1:1 scale, so if we got a blown up 12" version, we'd lose a lot of detail and have a rather soft sculpt.

I would love to get 12" (rotocast?) versions of MOTUC He-Man and Skeletor at least, but IMO the 4H would need to make 2-up sculptures of them instead.

Hallo ToyGuru,
    my question is. Here out in the world are of course some POP and/or NA Fans,too. And 2010 must be the year for release the figures of those two lines. I think the most fans donīt like POP (without Shera/Adora) and NA much that replace a Original line figure. So if you release a POP/NA figure could you sell in those month min. 2 figures? ALWAYS 1 Original MotuC and 1 POP/NA?

Nice greetings
    Last edited by Merman79; January 14, 2009 at 04:58pm.