Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Original MOTU MOC Clamshell cases available at Zoloworld.com

POP MOCs have a larger card than MOTU. They will not fit the Standard A B case.

Quote Originally Posted by sathomaso View Post
    hi, your cases definitely look quite cool.

is the material you used "acid/dissolver/resolvent-free" (or the exact term is)?

you know for example when you buy protective comic-bags the plastic is usually free of any chemical that would affect the paper over a longer period of time. and even with these bags, it's recommended to change them every 5 years or so to prevent damage to the comic.

i am just concerned about the print on the card. especially where it's in contact with the plastic-case.

please let me know if you have any info!
    cheers

EDIT:
    oh and another question i have is:

can you please post a pictures (different angles) of a case standing upright?
    i would be curious to see a picture from the side, of how much the case is tilted forward.
    does it hopefully not fall over?

maybe it would be a good idea to add some extra "standee-feet bubble extension" to the bottom.
    like for example the european dragstor moc or italian scare glow or ninjor moc has ... these mocs stand almost perfectly upright, and don't fall over.
    here is what i mean, check the bottom of the bubble:

After thinking about it, I am going to add a bump to allow these to stand upright. I really like the idea of displaying the carded figures that way.
    I will let everybody see this soon!!
    Last edited by Warrior Knight; January 19, 2009 at 03:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i definitely want these !!! at least 30 to start off with.

i love the snug fit and rounded corners !!

i also like to hang em on the wall. please sell some without that bottom stand... i like the perfect rectangular look... and would hate tp see the that bottom bubble add on... keep it the way it is.... ( just my opinion... )
    My Feedback Thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164164

Positive transactions with these guys:

Kevenn, Ryzor, Dino_Ranger_White, Ledjam

I am really looking forward to getting these. Thankfully since I have just started collecting i am in no hurry and can wait out the process. Thank you for the work on these, they look great.

Hi Warrior Knight!

These cases are just awsome! I have a particular question for you. Can we expect for Deluxe Cards cases? Indeed, Thunder Punch He-Man and such really need to find a right case to feet with other figures.

Thanks a lot!!!

EDIT: Ah and of course, MOTUC cases would be greatly welcome!!!
    Last edited by He-Breuly; January 20, 2009 at 08:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Breuly View Post
    Hi Warrior Knight!

These cases are just awsome! I have a particular question for you. Can we expect for Deluxe Cards cases? Indeed, Thunder Punch He-Man and such really need to find a right case to feet with other figures.

Thanks a lot!!!

EDIT: Ah and of course, MOTUC cases would be greatly welcome!!!
    Again, thanks for all the great compliments, its hard work and I want to make everyone happy.

I absolutely want to do the deluxe figure MOCs because of the need to protect the Laser Figures as well as the others. I am sure that there are enough people here that have the Deluxe figures as well and want to protect them. The deluxe case is in the works along with a few others.
    Last edited by Warrior Knight; January 20, 2009 at 03:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Knight View Post
    Again, thanks for all the great compliments, its hard work and I want to make everyone happy.

I absolutely want to do the deluxe figure MOCs because of the need to protect the Laser Figures as well as the others. I am sure that there are enough people here that have the Deluxe figures as well and want to protect them. The deluxe case is in the works along with a few others.
    and the thing about deluxe figures is that they usualy surface so MINT that is a real tragedy not having cases around to display them, i for example have mine stored in a box under the bed so the corners and taht dont start wearing out

I am going to leave this up to you guys. I emailed some people who wanted legs on the clamshell. I noticed it may detract from the look. Take a look at the pic and tell me if I should go with the legs or without. Note: this is not on a MOTU clamshell. PLMK
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't display mine so it wouldn't matter to me either way. It looks good with or without them, as long as it doesn't effect the price, I would vote:

WITH LEGS
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

When are these for sale?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I will be having pre-sales within the next few weeks. I have been set back because of some minor adjustments. They will be shipping in March.

I will show the revised case soon with a video. This will be the final design before I do my first run for production. Once this case is complete, I will start showing the MOTUC cases.
    Last edited by Warrior Knight; January 21, 2009 at 07:52pm.

As mine would be going on the walls it does not effect me as much as it would others. But I have no problems with the looks. Not much of a distraction from the toy wich should always be the focal point.

As mentioned above, If it does not add to the cost I would go with them.

i would definitely leave the "legs" as you give the buyer another option on how to display the figure, either hanging it up or standing it up. personally, i would rather stand my figures up rather than putting holes in the wall.

I am going to leave this up to you guys. I emailed some people who wanted legs on the clamshell. I noticed it may detract from the look. Take a look at the pic and tell me if I should go with the legs or without. Note: this is not on a MOTU clamshell. PLMK
    Last edited by Man-E-Toys; January 21, 2009 at 08:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    i would definitely leave the "legs" as you give the buyer another option on how to display the figure, either hanging it up or standing it up. personally, i would rather stand my figures up rather than putting holes in the wall.
    I like your logic.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

hmmm... personally, i'd go without the legs...

... but seeing those pics you put up... those legs are kinda small and un-noticeable. I thought you were going to put that annoying big middle bubble at the bottom of the clam-shells... lol. The two "side" legs are less annoying.

My biased wall hanging vote would be for no legs, of course... but as long as there is no middle bottom bubble... it's all good in this hood.
    My Feedback Thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164164

Positive transactions with these guys:

Kevenn, Ryzor, Dino_Ranger_White, Ledjam

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Saw Hordak View Post
    I like your logic.

I love the look of these, and think the legs would be great. They don't take away from the look if hung on the wall, and they give you the option to stand them if you have shelves. I can't wait for these to go on sale!

Heroic Warrior
    Do you have cases for :

GI Joe 80s
    Mego 007 dolls
    Batman TAS figures
    TMNT 90s

Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Do you have cases for :

GI Joe 80s
    Mego 007 dolls
    Batman TAS figures
    TMNT 90s

I actually am working with Mego cases as well. These cases will be available later this year. I am focusing the majority of my time on The Vintage cases and the MOTUC as well as Mego and the 200x line. Due to the amount of time dedicated to each line, I like to gauge interest in the different lines as well. I have extensive collections on MOTU, MEGO, TMNT, REMCO, Thundercats, Various Kenner lines (Batman Animated is in there), as well as other carded figure lines.

I will have the new case soon and I will post another video for all to see. This should be the final shot before I open the doors to pre-orders. You want to jump on this as these will sell extremely fast. We have many people asking for the cases and I want to make everybody happy. The initial order that I am placing should satisfy all the pre-orders plus some. The advantage to the pre-orders is that you will be first in line to receive your cases and not have to wait for a second wave order, which will be an additional two months more after the first wave sells out. I should have these cases in hand in March (due to minor setback beginning of April). The final cases will have the small feet like you see in the pics as well as a stiffer frame.

After this case is finalized, you will see more Zolo World cases in the coming weeks/months after that. Some to mention is MOTUC, Mego, TMNT, MOTU 200x (greens and reds), Larger clams for the MOTU 5th anniversary / Laser figures. I also want to make clams for the loose figures, but make it unique. I will definitely keep everybody posted.
    Last edited by Warrior Knight; February 8, 2009 at 05:57am.

I actually am working with Mego cases as well. These cases will be available later this year. I am focusing the majority of my time on The Vintage cases and the MOTUC as well as Mego and the 200x line. Due to the amount of time dedicated to each line, I like to gauge interest in the different lines as well. I have extensive collections on MOTU, MEGO, TMNT, REMCO, Thundercats, Various Kenner lines (Batman Animated is in there), as well as other carded figure lines.

I will have the new case soon and I will post another video for all to see. This should be the final shot before I open the doors to pre-orders. You want to jump on this as these will sell extremely fast. We have many people asking for the cases and I want to make everybody happy. The initial order that I am placing should satisfy all the pre-orders plus some. The advantage to the pre-orders is that you will be first in line to receive your cases and not have to wait for a second wave order, which will be an additional two months more after the first wave sells out. I should have these cases in hand in March. The final cases will have the small feet like you see in the pics as well as a stiffer frame.

After this case is finalized, you will see more Zolo World cases in the coming weeks/months after that. Some to mention is MOTUC, Mego, TMNT, MOTU 200x (greens and reds), Larger clams for the MOTU 5th anniversary / Laser figures. I also want to make clams for the loose figures, but make it unique. I will definitely keep everybody posted.

Great stuff .. your making a lot of mint on card collectors very happy my friend.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

Ahhh loose clamshells. No we're talking.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I love the ideas of the legs indeed. I actually wouldn't hang them too often, but might put them on a shelf, well, I would put them on a shelf if I were to display them at all. I know you put a lot of work into getting the bubble as tight as possible for visual reasons, and idunno if these legs ruin it for you, but I dig 'em!

Thanks again for the cool comments and suggestions.

The final case will have small feet on the sides that will allow them to stand. Very soon I will have the final casting.

Now, These cases will fit almost all standard a/b style bubbles. The clamshell will fit figures that already have a foot in the middle of the package, but some may me more difficult than others meaning that since the bubble is made to touch at the bottom, some MOC figures have to be installed in the clamshell lower bubble first. I left some play at the top for this. This allows for a real snug fitment. Some to mention are Extendar and grizzlor. I believe that only squeeze will not fit at all in the case due to the size of his bubble and length of the foot on his packaging. Hopefully, this will not be such a big problem. I wanted a very snug fit so the card/ bubble is secure. I also wanted the customizers to be happy as well with the ability to use the Clamshell bubble for displaying their custom figure and not having to much room to move around. Thanks to Pete, I now know that the Eternia line will also fit these cases perfectly.

I am seeing if I can get the bubble a bit larger to encompass Squeeeze. I also want to adjust the bottom of the case. I will let everybody know.
    Last edited by Warrior Knight; January 29, 2009 at 04:25pm. Reason: Possible slight redesign of the case

Very cool!!!
    I just can't wait to place my pre-order!!! The announcement of cases for Deluxe/Laser figures is the best I could have expected!!!
    Just can't wait to see the first pictures of your MOTUC cases and 200x cases either!!! Seems ilke I'll really like your work!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Breuly View Post
    Very cool!!!
    I just can't wait to place my pre-order!!! The announcement of cases for Deluxe/Laser figures is the best I could have expected!!!
    Just can't wait to see the first pictures of your MOTUC cases and 200x cases either!!! Seems ilke I'll really like your work!
    Thanks a million for the great words. I should have the final proto case in hand soon for the Vintage MOTU (MOC) figures. I will keep everybody posted. As this case is being finalized, I will be working with the MOTUC line as well as loose vintage figures. More info to come real soon. Stay tuned!!