Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grizzlor is getting a full head in the Heads of Eternia Head pack

Grizzlor is getting a full head in the Heads of Eternia Head pack

Skeletor's Love Child
    Matty Master
    posted February 23, 2015 01:40 PM
    Hello,

A couple things about the 200X subscription I wanted to make you aware of:

• Grizzlor’s Head: Yes, you will receive a Grizzlor head in the sub only accessory pack. The reason you didn’t see him during Toy Fair is because at the time we were going to only make a face plate available (as you saw in Brandon’s video); we later decided to provide a full head instead. To minimize confusion the face plate was pulled and only five sculpts were shown. Surprise!

• Subscription Meter: Although we do have a minimum we need to hit in order to make sure the complete subscription can be offered to you guys, there will be no meter. You don’t like the meter…I don’t like the meter…you won’t see one for this subscription. That being said, YOUR participation in the subscription drive is still VERY important as you guys will ultimately determine whether the complete line comes to fruition. There will be updates to let you know how the subscription is coming along.

Skeletor's Love Child
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Never realized there was such hate for the meter...

Sweet, thanks for the update!!

And yes, God speed to the death of the meter. It was helpful to a certain degree, but was nerve wracking then anything else. It won't be missed.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    How in the world could you not know that people despised the meter?
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    How in the world could you not know that people despised the meter?
    I've seen people complain about "scare tactics," but never really about the meter (except when it was not being updated). I know some people think it's a lie, but haven't seen all out hatred for it, until now. Do people hate what it represents (the line needing to hit a minimum rather than it just being able to go through)? Just seems odd to hate a JPG image so thoroughly, especially when it's providing you with information you want to know? Or am I missing something about what people hate about it?

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Skeletor's Love Child
    Matty Master
    posted February 23, 2015 01:40 PM
    Hello,

A couple things about the 200X subscription I wanted to make you aware of:

• Grizzlor’s Head: Yes, you will receive a Grizzlor head in the sub only accessory pack. The reason you didn’t see him during Toy Fair is because at the time we were going to only make a face plate available (as you saw in Brandon’s video); we later decided to provide a full head instead. To minimize confusion the face plate was pulled and only five sculpts were shown. Surprise!

• Subscription Meter: Although we do have a minimum we need to hit in order to make sure the complete subscription can be offered to you guys, there will be no meter. You don’t like the meter…I don’t like the meter…you won’t see one for this subscription. That being said, YOUR participation in the subscription drive is still VERY important as you guys will ultimately determine whether the complete line comes to fruition. There will be updates to let you know how the subscription is coming along.

Skeletor's Love Child
    I love how they're handling things now!
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Great news about Grizzlors head!

But, I did like the metre..

I think it's a good move to ditch the meter, and just drop in and let fans know how it's performing.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I agree with losing the meter. It drove me crazy. I'm excited about the Grizzlor head. This sub has gotten me amped up more than any of the other subs, I think. We're getting characters that I've been waiting for for years.

I'm still expecting the usual sub drives. Good news about Grizzlor.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Are you new around here?
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

You'd have to get some form of regular update, someone just popping up at the end and saying sorry folks isn't going to go down too well.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I love how they're handling things now!
    Me too!
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    You'd have to get some form of regular update, someone just popping up at the end and saying sorry folks isn't going to go down too well.
    From the post above, it sounds like we're still going to be getting updates, I would assume it's going to be a percentage? Otherwise, what else would it be? "Nowhere near," "Almost there," "Great Job, we made it"? I imagine we're going to be updated with percentage numbers periodically. So, a meter without a meter? That's somehow better? Odd.

If the sub doesn't go through, lots of people who hated the meter will have amnesia and declare that the loss of their "beloved" meter was what killed the mini sub.

So let's get enough subscriptions for it to go through!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    If the sub doesn't go through, lots of people who hated the meter will have amnesia and declare that the loss of their "beloved" meter was what killed the mini sub.
    Nah, I kinda get that if it doesn't go through at this point it's because of lack of sales. Simple as that. Mattel's job is to sell the stuff to us, we just buy it. It's up to them to get up on the advertising and the spreading of the word. I've chosen to purchase one sub and kick back and "block out all the noise", as it were.
    But back to the topic started... exciting that Grizzlor is getting a full head (with hair, I assume?)!
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Nice news about Grizzlor!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    How will that work with Grizzlor? Does he have a head under all the fur that can pop off? I always thought he just had the face mask.

The head comes off the ball joint just like all the other figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I think it's a good move to ditch the meter, and just drop in and let fans know how it's performing.
    As a visual person, I liked the metre. Thought, Mattels design choices over the years have often been difficult to read...

I've seen people complain about "scare tactics," but never really about the meter (except when it was not being updated). I know some people think it's a lie, but haven't seen all out hatred for it, until now. Do people hate what it represents (the line needing to hit a minimum rather than it just being able to go through)? Just seems odd to hate a JPG image so thoroughly, especially when it's providing you with information you want to know? Or am I missing something about what people hate about it?
    In an attempt to not be too snarky... eeeeh whatever. People on this site get upset over everything, the fact the image was just a .jpg and not animated based on actual sales, so people who had to check the matty site every fifteen minutes would get irritated so when it finally got updated 3 days later with a big jump in sales numbers then led to all sorts of conspiracy theories.

now all we have to listen to is those people constantly wanting to know how well it's doing, 'so it's been a few days since an update we any closer? My head might explode like cabbage if I don't find out.'
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Straightforward answer about Grizzlor. Completely honest, smh-type answer about the meter (basically saying, no one likes it- why did we continue to use it?)

The current style of answering questions was simply a breath of fresh air at first, but between Skeletor's Love Child on Matty and whoever is answering WTFWTK (possibly the same person?), I'm beginning to finally feel that they don't view us as lesser beings, and are perhaps just regular folks trying to enjoy their work, and share that positivity with us whenever possible. What a surprise!

This in itself makes me want to sub for 2016, almost regardless of the line up, just to show Mattel that positive customer relations make people want to do business with you. What a crazy idea!

Wouldn't it be an eye-opening experience for them, if customers that had previously refused to do business with Matty started coming back, simply because of the evolving (hopefully) change in relationship? I realize there are a TON of other problems (DR, for one)...but it would be a fairly large FU to the old regime
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; February 23, 2015 at 07:25pm.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

WHERE'S CRITA???? C'MON MATTY! DO THE RIGHT THING!

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    now all we have to listen to is those people constantly wanting to know how well it's doing, 'so it's been a few days since an update we any closer? My head might explode like cabbage if I don't find out.'
    Exactly. There will be 5 posts a day asking for updates. That is way more annoying than some meter. And, at the end of the sub drive, if sales falls short there will be a ton of complaints that we should have had more and better updates.

I imagine we will only get an update once a week...at best. It will be interesting to see if all the Toyguru haters will believe the percentage some anonymous person puts out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Danavas View Post
    I agree with losing the meter. It drove me crazy. I'm excited about the Grizzlor head. This sub has gotten me amped up more than any of the other subs, I think. We're getting characters that I've been waiting for for years.
    It was never 'real-time' enough to be of any real use anyway, which resulted in fans having to reach out to Matty directly for the latest numbers. By having them pop in regularly to let us know how things are doing it really serves the same function.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    The current style of answering questions was simply a breath of fresh air at first, but between Skeletor's Love Child on Matty and whoever is answering WTFWTK (possibly the same person?), I'm beginning to finally feel that they don't view us as lesser beings, and are perhaps just regular folks trying to enjoy their work, and share that positivity with us whenever possible. What a surprise!

This in itself makes me want to sub for 2016, almost regardless of the line up, just to show Mattel that positive customer relations make people want to do business with you. What a crazy idea!
    What you stated helps support my theory that 'Toy Guru' really enjoyed his job as keeper of the kingdom perhaps a bit too much. So much so that he was willing to put up an invisible barrier between Matty and the buying public simply to seem as if he held all the cards, knew all the answers, and would directly or indirectly mislead the public as often as possible. Hence the major reason I always used the phrase "marketing double-speak" when referring to Scott. He seemed to enjoy misleading people under the guise of being too helpful, while at the same time playing the consummate magician via slight of hand and obfuscation techniques aplenty. Anyone remember the mind-numbingly annoying response he often gave: "Keep reading the bios."? Yup, I hated it too. In other words, I am so incredibly glad that he's gone now because this new way of doing things may not only help the overall health of the line, but it's the biggest breath of fresh air MOTUC has experienced in forever.
    Last edited by Stygian360; February 23, 2015 at 07:37pm.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The head comes off the ball joint just like all the other figures.
    That's awesome! I guess I never tried it since I had seen the pictures with the 2 face masks originally and assumed it didn't. Well I have some Grizzlor Head-on-other bodies head swapping to catch up on!