Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SDCC 2015 MOTUC Exclusive Speculation Thread

Official SDCC 2015 MOTUC Exclusive Speculation Thread

So............. Its About Time ! Normally SDCC Exclusive Figure Will Be Revealed Around April Right ?

Let me start things off............ Its going to be Rotor Vs Twistoid !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

I say the SDCC exclusive will be LL He-Man and LP Skeletor.

I'm hoping it is a He-man Vs Skeletor Two Pack. Either the Laser Tags or Flying Fists/Terror Claws.
    But we will see, probably at the beginning of May.

Flying Fist vs Terror Claws is what I'm rooting for. Hoping to get a break this year on the SDCC front

My guess is it'll be LL He-Man & LP Skeletor (at a slighty higher price point than 2 regular figures ).

So the other He-Man/Skeletor variants can be one of the quarterly 2-packs still to come, and the Energy Zoids (yes they are smaller, but I guess they require some unique tooling, just like with Gwildor, thus the higher price point) can be the Holiday item.

Although it would be a nice touch if LL & LP would be the Holiday item, so they'd be pretty much the last figures offered in Classics, just like they were the last ones in the vintage line. But still, think we'll see them as the SDCC exclusive.
    Last edited by thebortster; April 6, 2015 at 09:28am.

I'm going with LL He-Man/LP Skeletor.

I say this because of the episode of Toy Hunter where TG was looking for the vintage ones for the display. The only 2 of those 4 that we haven't seen are LL He-Man and LP Skeletor. Since this is the end of the line, it would be a perfect way to cap off that display by adding those 2 variants. The statue could be of LL He-Man. All of the vintage will have been revealed at the end of Mattypalooza so the display will be complete.

I'm hoping that it's a Laser Power He-Man VS Laser Light Skeletor 2-Pack.

Making that item the SDCC exclusive would allow Mattel to actually incorporate the electronic parts needed to do these figures justice.

If this 2-Pack ends up being included in the sub, then Mattel won't be able to add the electronics, as they aren't allowed to ship electronic items internationally.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'm guessing, and hoping, it's Rotar and Twistoid.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have to think it's one of the two sets of He-Man & Skeletor. If it's not, then that would mean that in order to get all the vintage figures out in 2015, both remaining sets of variants would pretty much have to ship in Q4 of this year as the quarterly/holiday, and I don't see back-to-back 2-packs of the same characters working too well.

So I'm thinking LP/LL variants for SDCC, on the lines that perhaps that will allow for fancy electronics or some such. But I assume whichever set is NOT at SDCC, WILL be the 4th Q item.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    I'm guessing, and hoping, it's Rotar and Twistoid.
    Same.

I have no interest in either, so I'd like it to be the SDCC item, to save me from ending up with them in my sub.
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think it will be one of the He-Man vs Skeletor variants as I think two sets of them in a sub is excessive!
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

I'm thinking the Lasers as the SDCC item because it would allow them a bigger budget than normal sub items AND it would be the very First time Both HE-MAN AND SKELETOR show up at SDCC as exclusives. (2010 was the closest thing we had to that with Mo-Larr and Orko)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Currently, I think a Flying Fists He Man/Terror Claws Skeletor 2-pack. Maybe even a 3-pack with Buzz Saw Hordak thrown in.

As much as I would like them, I don't think Rotar/Tistoid would be popular enough out of sub.

I'm guessing Terror Claws Skeletor & Flying Fists He-Man, the ONLY reason I don't think it'll be the Laser Light figures is that they will be the X-Mas quarterly, since they were the last figures to be made in the line, what better way to "end this line"

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unemployedskeletor View Post
    I'm guessing Terror Claws Skeletor & Flying Fists He-Man, the ONLY reason I don't think it'll be the Laser Light figures is that they will be the X-Mas quarterly, since they were the last figures to be made in the line, what better way to "end this line"
    I agree with your arguments and I wish you are right
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Guess it doesn't really matter what it is, we know what's coming yet in '15, if its part of the vintage wrap-up its mine. NA/0X- I'd have to think about it
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    I say the SDCC exclusive will be LL He-Man and LP Skeletor.
    These two are the rumor. Due to the potential inclusion of a light-up feature for both figures which the sub couldn't include due to restrictions on such features for toys being shipped to foreign customers.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

My guesses are:

Laser Power He-Man vs Laser Light Skeletor

AND

Mini-Masters Pack

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Bahdrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

I'm guessing it will be the laser variants
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    These two are the rumor. Due to the potential inclusion of a light-up feature for both figures which the sub couldn't include due to restrictions on such features for toys being shipped to foreign customers.
    I don't think they'll have a light up feature anyway. None of the other figures got an action feature. Why would these be any different? They'll probably just have translucent plastic to simulate a light up feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Maybe even a 3-pack with Buzz Saw Hordak thrown in.
    That would be sweet. Then I could skip all 3 and not waste a dime on any of them.

I wonder if we may get a couple of items this year?
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I go with the laser ones. They are a bit "off" the vintage line, it makes sense.
    Hope to see the other 2pack in the sub very soon

I'll say the laser duo: Laser-Light Skeletor vs. Laser Power He-Man. Those seem like a good choice for an exclusive considering they were very limited in the original run. All other characters that are left are better suited in regular monthly slots

We've got 3 2-packs to place. We know that the final one will have 2 comics with it. There's NO way the Twistoids are the final 2-pack with the comics.

So, the SDCC is either the Twistoids or one of the HM V S 2-packs.

Having 3 subs, I would rather get 3 of each of the HM V S 2-packs than 3 of the Twistoids. Really, one of them should be fine - 2 if they surprise me.

I don't expect light up action features for the LL figures, and frankly I think they fit the final set best.

So, the SDCC item will either be the Twistoids or the FF H V TC S 2-pack. I hope it's the Twistoids, but suspect it will be the FF HM V TC S 2-pack.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.