Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Queen Angella Discussion and Speculation

MOTUC Queen Angella Discussion and Speculation

Ok, after Matty reveal the figure Hawkgirl, I just did my job on photoshop!

Take a look!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I love this character and I know that the wings is not a problem because they have it done already.
    we probably will only see Queen Angella in 2010 (If we're lucky, lol) but at least, she is a character easy to release because she only need a repainting and a head with no mask.
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; December 16, 2008 at 11:12pm.

NICE!!!! once i saw hawkgirl i INSTANTLY thought sorceress!! this is good as well.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    When I first saw Hawkgirl, I said to myself, "There's your Angella body right there." Cool to see it though. Great job!

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    Oh wow, that would be perfect. Though we'd probably end up getting her closer to the original doll's design. (Which I'd be okay with.)

She looks badass!
    Accept the unacceptable.

Very nice now let's hope Mattel is listening. That reminds me I need to start looking for the Hawkgirl figure I could use them as custom fodder.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Good work Adam. She looks pretty wonderful. Be careful of those Filmation colours though.

I'm sure she'll be coloured like the 80's toy:

(from darah.com/she-ra)

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Awesome work Adam!! THAT is certainly a Queen Angella plenty of people would buy…I know I would!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Wow! That looks cool. Even if if has to be like the old figure (which it will) I can see them using that body easily. I know I'd be happy with it.

Anyone else think the head with a different mask would work for Hawk?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I thought I read somewhere that the female sculpts in MOTU were going to be specific to the MOTUC line, so maybe they would just borrow the wings instead of the whole body.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Awesome work indeed. If all the figures in the line looked like that i would be so in.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Thank's guys! I will work in other figures, too

Awesome work, Adam Portugal!!! I would gladly buy a figure like that!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that the female sculpts in MOTU were going to be specific to the MOTUC line, so maybe they would just borrow the wings instead of the whole body.
    Well I think Teela nd Evil-Lyn will be since, they'll have the new MOTU legs with the hidden ball joint like the men. However the DCUC women have been sculpted with muscle tone. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Mattel felt they'd save a few bucks by using DCUC women molds on POP characters. They fit in rather seemlessly in my opinion. All the POP girls could basically share upper arms, upper legs, feet molds, and all the inner tooling. Mattel's saving money right out of the gate with them.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    Well I think Teela nd Evil-Lyn will be since, they'll have the new MOTU legs with the hidden ball joint like the men. However the DCUC women have been sculpted with muscle tone. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Mattel felt they'd save a few bucks by using DCUC women molds on POP characters. They fit in rather seemlessly in my opinion. All the POP girls could basically share upper arms, upper legs, feet molds, and all the inner tooling. Mattel's saving money right out of the gate with them.
    I have two beefs if they do that. 1) MOTU figures are almost a full inch taller than DCUC 2) DCUC females are WAY too skinny most of the time. Wonder Woman looks slightly anorexic.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I agree that they need to be taller to match the MOTU guys. The good thing is about POP is that one body type knocks out 90% of them. So Mattel would be foolish to not dive at the easy money.

With Characters like Queen Angella it would be much easier for Mattel to produce the figure in the original styleguide (Short Hair and no Skirt) than like the toy style.. (with that long skirt)
    Photobucket
    For me she is a mix of Queen Marlena & Sorceress, a Queen and a Guardian of her kingdom!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Portugal View Post
    Photobucket
    This is the sort of figure I would buy today!

That looks really cool

I like her alot. Great job! I prefer Angella with long hair. I never liked how they whacked her hair into that granny style. This is a figure that if they make a short hair they need to have an alternate head with long hair. The costume is awesome to bad we cant have something like that. Since it is pure filmation.
    However I have faith The 4 Horsemen will give us a figure more heroic looking with a little less sugar & spice.
    Last edited by artodron; December 17, 2008 at 06:07pm.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Wow! Is about all I can say...

Forgive me for being soo stupid, but why don't the action figures look like the filmation designs or vice versa?

Awesome. I love what you've done there, and even in Mattel OK'ed colors, she would rock with your recipe. Nice job, Adam!
    Although I'm mostly a MOTU fan and never really had any PoP (other than my little sis' She-Ra, which I would borrow often) I cannot wait to get some in Classics style.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

A big fan of Slush Head

Take a look!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I love this character and I know that the wings is not a problem because they have it done already.
    we probably will only see Queen Angella in 2010 (If we're lucky, lol) but at least, she is a character easy to release because she only need a repainting and a head with no mask.

AWESOME!!!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Take a look!

That's really cool! Very Filmation, But that's a No! No! Could you try to do won to make it look similar to the original POP figure? I love Photoshopped customs figures.

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    I agree that they need to be taller to match the MOTU guys. The good thing is about POP is that one body type knocks out 90% of them. So Mattel would be foolish to not dive at the easy money.
    I don't want the females to be as tall or taller the the guys. I mean this isn't Wonder Woman. They should be at least up to shoulder height to the males, or just slightly passed. Teela should not be the same height as He-Man.
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; December 18, 2008 at 11:15am.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    That's really cool! Very Filmation, But that's a No! No! Could you try to do won to make it look similar to the original POP figure? I love Photoshopped customs figures.

I don't want the females to be as tall or taller the the guys. I mean this isn't Wonder Woman. They should be at least up to shoulder height to the males, or just slightly passed. Teela should not be the same height as He-Man.
    I agree, apart from She-Ra, who should be the tallest female character (well, except maybe Tallstar).