Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Queen Angella Discussion and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Could you try to do won to make it look similar to the original POP figure?
    Well, I could try, but this is the way I see this character, and I'm happy that Entertainment Rights can not put me in jail for dreaming... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Portugal View Post
    Well, I could try, but this is the way I see this character, and I'm happy that Entertainment Rights can not put me in jail for dreaming... lol

at least yet........
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

AWESOME!! I'd buy her in the blink of an eye! Hopefully the PoP-characters will fit in with MotU like this! I really wouldn't want the girly pinky original toy design - but that's just me...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Nice job!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Nice job!!!!
    Thank's a lot guys, I realy apreciate it

Hello Adam,

Great work Queen Angella looks awesome. I will be very interested to see some of the "PoP" characters in the "MotU:C" when we get to that point.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

This is a bit girly. I've always Imagined Angella more like the Filmation / Mattel StyleGuide look.

I Hope the 4H can make her close to this, as much as possible.
    Photobucket
    Last edited by Ciclone Luso; December 21, 2008 at 05:47pm.

Wow, you did an amazing job. Like others have said, I know it'll be more like the toy design..... Which I don't mind too much.

On a positive note, the mini-comic shows Angella with her hair pulled back, so they can sculpt it closer to what was on the cartoon.

http://he-man.org/primary_sects/comi...90/13-14.shtml
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    On a positive note, the mini-comic shows Angella with her hair pulled back, so they can sculpt it closer to what was on the cartoon.

Nice find.

I like how she also has a collar type thing in that mini comic, instead of the bare neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Maybe they can make a mix of both hair styles

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, after Matty reveal the figure Hawkgirl, I just did my job on photoshop!

Take a look!

I love this character and I know that the wings is not a problem because they have it done already.
    we probably will only see Queen Angella in 2010 (If we're lucky, lol) but at least, she is a character easy to release because she only need a repainting and a head with no mask.
    Wow! This is really awesome! Great job!

Heroic Warrior
    it kills me that they can't get the rights for the filmation character designs. KILLS me.

I would spend a very good chunk of change on characters like that. And I am still planning on buying the POP figures, but more than anything... I truly truly want a classic Adora. I would be willing to pay up to 80 bucks for a nicely sculpted staction of her in her classic costume.

My alias at work is Adora - I love that they let me pick that

Heroic Warrior
    O I want Angella so bad, she is one of my favorites...but I do hope she has a ponytail or something..the round dome hair is silly. If her hair needs to be swept up at least have it be an actual hair style like Teela or something. I could live with that, some kind of up-do with a ponytail or bun at the back of her head. But I'd prefer a long flowing ponytail like 200x Teela.

For the colors..hmmmmm I like both really so no major preference.

Will she and the Sorceress share the same sculpt you think?

now I want a hawkgirl!!

I want Angella to be made in the design from the Style Guide (ala Filmation.) Those Hawkgirl wings would work perfectly!

I don't care which design they use, I just want an angella asap. Always a favorite as a kid.

Heroic Warrior
    Queen Angella is one of the POP figures I'd like to buy first.

Hope she has her long hair and poseable wings too...

I noticed that the 1980's POP figures had very little or no weapons... I think this should be definitely changed in MOTUC.

I remember seeing this before and thought it was cool

I also prefer the toy-style, but wouldn't want her as pink... and they could easily make her look a LITTLE more warrior-esque.

I have that Hawkgirl, and she CANNOT stand up. The wings are WAY too heavy. It's terrible. I think they can do better with the wings.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

ANGELLA in the MOTUC

Okay, so updating the POP characters to fit into the MOTUC line is the plan. How then will the 4H tackle Angella?

I really like the idea of this character more than anything. I would enjoy her being the mother of Glimmer and a Queen. Does she have any special powers, besides having wings? What would make her an important character to add to the ranks?

I'm putting up three pictures of her, to provide an idea of how this character might look. I really don't want the POP "warriors" to look like princesses (that concept needs to fade away), but a woman angel is in essence unwarrior-like. What are your thoughts on these designs?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/a...eenAngella.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/a...oe/angella.jpg

http://she-ra-fan-club.deviantart.co...251049#/df8x52
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I really don't want the POP "warriors" to look like princesses (that concept needs to fade away), but a woman angel is in essence unwarrior-like.
    A winged woman with a flaming sword and a demon's head in her hands is un-warrior like? You need to check out Spawn or Hawkgirl...

Well...Angela doesn't have wings...bus she is an Angel...Imagine Angella in her place!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 8, 2010 at 07:22pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

For the first version, I would like to see the 4H do an update of the classic figure, but I'm guessing they'll just follow what's in the second link to make things easier outfit-wise. Also, I would like to see Mizar referenced in her Bio.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Angella does have great power of her own. LOL! She's another person with wings and energy blasts. However I think Angella has magic power, but not like say, Castaspella.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm a little wary about most non-She-Ra PoP figures because they look rather... eh. Bland. And non-combative.

If Angella is done the Stratos way, with no weapons or accessories, she's going to be a "meh" figure for me at best.

Also, let's hope they make her with tight joints or she'll never be able to stand with those wings.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Funny...I was just asking my husband about Angella in MOTUC yesterday, and showed him pictures today of the two vastly different designs (toy and style guide)...LOL typical man, he said "there's not much difference"...I kinda geeked out showing him the vast differences...

Umm...yeah, I'd LOVE to see her (or any other POP females, for that matter ) coming soon; I just hope her wings are detachable, and aren't considered one of her accessories...

What should she come with? Do you think we'll see her come with a shield done in bubblegum pink or powder blue to match her costume?
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.