Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Queen Angella Discussion

The artist who did the first rendering (first pic in Post #1) has a compelling characterization in his rendering, which makes that version my favorite. I'm not married to the Filmation version, personally.

MGM: I didn't say winged women; it's beautiful angel women that do not seem like warriors. And the fact that she is considered a Queen in the Filmation storyline makes her even less likely to be wielding an axe!

Starshine: I have absolutely NO idea how the 4H are going to do Angella, or any of the POPs. If they lean too far in the direction of "honoring the original figure", then they could possibly be too girly for the MOTUC.

Two must-haves for Angella:
    1. Must have a facial expression like Teela's, calm and serious.
    2. The wings should not be pink, and they should be able to spread out.

The rest I can handle. I'm not sure if people are staunch, rabid fans of that Filmation version, because she is RADICALLY different from the original design.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I would KILL for Nate's version... it's a great update of the vintage figure, but it might be a little too 200X.

I want her to be more vintage figure, but they won't do that. They will give us the style guide version, because they think that will sell to the non-POP hardcore fans, and those of us that ARE hardcore POP fans will buy her in any form lol.

She HAS to come with two heads: blonde style guide and brunette with halo.

The wings have to be pearlized white with some kind of salmon or pink tint.

If they were smart, they'd do an homage to the vintage figure by using the old costume, and then applying the style guide colors to it.

She's a great character, with a LOT of potential!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

That 200x inspired representation of Queen Angella is fantastic and I'd have a MOTUC versoin in an instant. However, given the evil 200x hyper detail anime look is officially retired, I'm personally looking forward to the MOTUC Angella being modelled more on the vintage toy than her animated look.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

The first pic reminds me of Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld. The third pic just gets too far away from any of the original designs.
    I have to go with the somewhat boring look from the second pic. While I am looking forward to getting all of the POP characters, Angella is near the end of my want list. I think it comes from the terrible voice acting her character had in the cartoon. That and she walked an odd line of being very powerful in the cartoon but not doing very much or even showing up much. And since all of the original toys looked like they were the exact same age, it is a little creepy that she is Glimmer's mom.

I'd be happy to get Angella in any form since, after Bow & Swiftwind, she's the POP character I want the most. Of the pictures listed above, I'd have to go with the second one due to my love of Filmation as well as being my favorite design to boot. To be honest, I like all 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I would enjoy her being the mother of Glimmer and a Queen.
    They better keep those parts of her bio!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    The first pic reminds me of Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld. The third pic just gets too far away from any of the original designs.
    While this is off topic, I have to say that I loved that comic as a kid.

I hope DCU Classics makes a figure of her soon since I'd love a DCUC VS MOTUC 2 pack with her and a MOTU/POP character. Her nemesis Dark Opal would be perfect for a Keldor 2-pack...

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    The update on the classic version is my dream, I want her with long hair but I hope she gets two heads so I can have both. This is one fig I'll buy more than one of, my most anticipated figure. I can't wait for her, and hope she comes before the line ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    The update on the classic version is my dream, I want her with long hair but I hope she gets two heads so I can have both. This is one fig I'll buy more than one of, my most anticipated figure. I can't wait for her, and hope she comes before the line ends.
    Tilt, I have a feeling they'll be doing an update to the classics look, the filmation look. It's possible because in the Mattel style guide, she looks like filmation. Not so sure if they would do an extra head on her because her long brown hair in the 80's toy wouldn't fit so well with the style guide colors. I think Mattel will eventually make her, but I think she'll be coming later on. I think we will see characters like Catra, Frosta, Glimmer, Castaspella, before Angella. I hope they get to ALL the POP ladies, as I love them all.

Just as long as they:

A: Drop the pink

and

B: Give her some weapons

I'm sure it'll be cool.

They've already said in the Q&A's that she's the Leader of the Great Rebellion, which is a Filmation story point. I believe she will look like the style guide version. It's simple and easily made from existing parts - which also seems to be the direction they're going in. I think offering her vintage figure look may be a bonus figure option down the road, like She-Ra & Catra. I hope they giver her a sword - like she had in one shot of SOTS.

I think it would be really awesome if her bios states that she is a Princess of Mizar who married into the royal family of Brightmoon, and ended up with the throne when her husband, the king, was captured by Horde forces.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Tilt, I have a feeling they'll be doing an update to the classics look, the filmation look. It's possible because in the Mattel style guide, she looks like filmation. Not so sure if they would do an extra head on her because her long brown hair in the 80's toy wouldn't fit so well with the style guide colors. I think Mattel will eventually make her, but I think she'll be coming later on. I think we will see characters like Catra, Frosta, Glimmer, Castaspella, before Angella. I hope they get to ALL the POP ladies, as I love them all.
    Well, they always talk about the vintage toys and gave She-Ra that terrible tiara head so I can hope. It's like the only thing I really really want out of this line, Angella without the "dome" hair that looks marm-ish and nowhere near as cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    Well, they always talk about the vintage toys and gave She-Ra that terrible tiara head so I can hope. It's like the only thing I really really want out of this line, Angella without the "dome" hair that looks marm-ish and nowhere near as cute.

Yeah, Tilt, I hear ya on this one. I was never a fan of the 'dome' hair she had. Maybe if they updated it to look something like invisible woman from marvel when she had a shorter do. I hope for you, she looks amazing. I've liked her as well, but also can't wait for her daughter, Glimmer, who I hope is in her style guide colors. I also hope that King Mizar is mentioned in both Angela's and Glimmers Bio. Maybe we'll get lucky. I won't be able to attend SDCC, but I would be shocked if there would only be 1 or 2 POP charcetrs for 2011. There should be at least 3 or 4, to round out the MYTHOS since we have a TON of MOTU characters...and I am NOT counting the Horde members as POP characters since they are in their own group themselves. Catra can be considered either or.

Actually, what appears to be an old lady haircut is a long braid that we rarely get the opportunity to see because her wings cover it up and Filmation doesn't frequently show Angella from the back. Look at the fourth image here:
    http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/reb...eenangella.asp

Then again if you look at the 8th image, it directly contradicts this because all she has is the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by osgood View Post
    Actually, what appears to be an old lady haircut is a long braid that we rarely get the opportunity to see because her wings cover it up and Filmation doesn't frequently show Angella from the back. Look at the fourth image here:
    http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/reb...eenangella.asp

Then again if you look at the 8th image, it directly contradicts this because all she has is the dome.
    Dang! Could that skirt be any shorter in the second picture in the link you posted?

JOIN THE GROUP...

I think the first design looks incredibly 200x, it's very good but i dont think it works in MOTUC it would have been great in 200x though.

I personally want the Style guide image of Angella (pic 2) as to me the original toy was one of the worst in the line...and bore no resemblance to the character in the show. I think all they had in common was erm wings :P (and vastly different wings at that)
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    She need an "halo" accesory in her head...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I personally hate the style guide version. It has very little visual detail distinction between it and Glimmer's design. The vintage figure didn't look like that and supposedly this new line pays homage to the old line not to trying to mesh eveything into as close to Filmation style-wise as possible. If so, then do away with all things not involved with what we saw in the cartoons (He-man's shield and axe, Teela's snake gear, Man-at-Arms' mace, etc.) In all honesty, I think 4H can design the figures (with the vintage colours and "girly" pieces)and still come out with a design amazing for even the most hardcore 'macho' collector out there.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

no blue tights!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Whatever they do, she needs to look the way she did in the toon.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm, I'm really on the fence about this one. I have to give the pick to the fans of the original toy. Angella was never really a big deal to me. I always remember thinking it was really odd she was so different in appearance to the cartoon but other than that she never entered my mind as a figure or character I dreamed up at playtime. I can see fans of both camps wanting what they want. Visually for me I think the style guide would be the way to go since we have Adora and She-Ra already done that way. I don't see any need to give her unecessary weapons and edge since she was primarily a magic user in the cartoon from what I recall. The original toy was nice looking as well and I don't think some peoples allergy to "pink" in motuc should be valid, it's just as relevant as a green tiger or yellow gorilla.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Portugal View Post
    Ok, after Matty reveal the figure Hawkgirl, I just did my job on photoshop!

Take a look!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I love this character and I know that the wings is not a problem because they have it done already.
    we probably will only see Queen Angella in 2010 (If we're lucky, lol) but at least, she is a character easy to release because she only need a repainting and a head with no mask.

And I still think this one would be the best Queen Angella Ever!

That's great! I would definitely be happy with that.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The more I look at that the more I'm convinced she'll only come with her wings as "accessories".

Iīm very anxious how they will do her hair? i never got the filmation version...

Is it kept in a ponytail, a bun or short????

Maybe they can do a lot of differnet heads for all the POP ladies, one head with open hair and than differnt heads with kept up hair like fight modus or ponytails like teela in in 200X ?!?!?

It will be interesting to see how this one turns out. She is the one character who's figure/doll varies the most from her toon counterpart. She is also a very important character to the mythos.

I really hope that whatever they do they keep her as a blonde.

I really hope Queen Angella comes in 2012!
    But the first part of the 2012 reveals will only be known in 2011 SDCC...