Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Queen Angella Discussion and Speculation

Her wings shouldn't have to feel like bird feathers. As long as they fold, it should be good enough. Maybe parts can be reused for a 200X Sorceress if it ever comes to that. Hope she gets a nice melee comb.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Her wings shouldn't have to feel like bird feathers. As long as they fold, it should be good enough. Maybe parts can be reused for a 200X Sorceress if it ever comes to that. Hope she gets a nice melee comb.

I definity want a Filmation Angella but a seperate head with long brown hair would be nice. I actually like the flocking idea but I don't care too much ... Just want her!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I would take a Filmation Angella, unflocked please.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

When we get Angella, I definitely want her modeled after her Filmation appearance and not after the toy. If they want to make her a deluxe figure and include swap out options to make her into her toy version that would be fine, but if we only got one version of her, it has to be Filmation.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    When we get Angella, I definitely want her modeled after her Filmation appearance and not after the toy. If they want to make her a deluxe figure and include swap out options to make her into her toy version that would be fine, but if we only got one version of her, it has to be Filmation.
    I can totally live without the culottes, those are stupid, but i would like to see her with the toy design torso. Itīs simply more original.

Two heads would be great one blonde one brunette. And one more wish would be the boots she had in her mini comics those looked great.

So i pretty much want a mix of all her incarnations.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Filmation all the way, with some subtle toy details.

In Octavias thread i was discussing how Flutterina, Peekablue, Sweet Bee or Angella could be made and mentioned her braided hair but i couldīt find the picture i knew was existed.

Than it was mentioned that in the episode "Portrait of Doom" itīs clearly shown she has short hair and i looked it up but i couldīt find a definitive picture in that episode…

So going back and forth i decided to go through all the episodes and i will find the picture!

I found it - along with some other things and all the pictures i took from my screen are from the same episode "Micah of Bright Moon" in the order they appeared!!!!

Prepare yourself:

Angellaback.jpg
    Shoulder length with a little flow.

Angellalangehaare2.jpg
    Long straight hair between her wings.

Angellabraids.jpg
    Braids between her wings.

Angellalangehaare.jpg
    Long flowing hair.

What the…?!

The FILMATION artists wereīt sure themselves what they wanted for her it seems.

But i like her with long hair and i wouldīt mind her MOTUC figure coming with a braided bun or two heads. Two heads are always nice!
    Last edited by Niki; July 9, 2013 at 03:41pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Would you want her wings to be flocked? (Like K. Grayskull cape)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    It would make sense for them to be flocked, but I think that would interfere with their folding and thus probably Mattel would opt to make the wings "static". So I'd rather they make them unflocked and fully articulated. Swift Wind/Griffin's unfoldable wings were enough of a let down and Mattel shouldn't repeat that mistake with Angella's wings.

As for parts reuse, there really is no need whatsoever to sculpt a new tool for Angella's (and Vultak's) wings. The 4H have already sculpted an amazing pair of articulated, "spreadable" wings for DCU Hawkman, and the size is perfect also for MotUC figures as shown by this Sun Man custom:

DCU has already reused multiple MotUC parts. I see no reason why MotUC could not reuse some DCU parts in return, especially an expensive one such as this that would take away a large chunk of MotUC tooling dollars for just one or two uses. Reusing the existing, 4H-sculpted wings would free up precious tooling budget for other needs, such as Hunga the Harpy's unique wings, which cannot reuse DCU Hawkman's wings (because those are "rounded" whereas Hunga's are "pointy") nor Draego-Man/Granamyr's wings (because those have a reptilian "scaly" texture).

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Angella and Glimmer are the two in Filmation whose cartoon incarnations I think look THE WORST. I really loved the old classic PoP toy versions and think both the figures themselves and all of the classic PoP cardback or box art renderings of Angella and Glimmer look beautiful. I have my fingers crossed that when Angella's time in MOTUC comes, that they put in as much of the classic toy look into her as possible. I know the trend has been to bring the Filmation versions of the PoP characters to life as action figures... but personally I think Angella and Glimmer look hideous in the cartoon and would be disappointed if the toy details get dropped for the watered-down 'toon versions. The pantaloons and chest on the old toy look awesome... we already know the Horsemen can sculpt up some bad-ass looking wings. The old Angella had no accesories save for the comb, so I'd be up for them including some Filmation 'toon accessories/artifacts to go with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I think it's going to be a 99.9% chance that we get Filmation Angella.
    My biggest problem is that Filmation Angella's dress is a repaint of Glimmer's dress (and an extra collar piece) While the Toy Angella would be deemed "Too Girly" for some collectors.
    Now if they could do Something to make Angella and Glimmer look more than almost repaints of each other like adding Toy Angella's chest piece and a shorter removable "skirt" like the toy while keeping the overall Filmation look would be an acceptable compromise for me.
    I agree the toy versions of Angella and Glimmer look much better. They're the only A-list characters that are currently not among my top-priority list, precisely because it's almost certain that they will be released in their Filmation versions, just like they did with the Star Sisters. And just like those, for me the main problem is not that Filmation's Angella's dress is a repaint of Glimmer's, but simply that the color combinations are hideous (cyan, magenta, yellow, white... is Brightmoon the kingdom of CMYK printing?) and those spandex leotards look totally "unroyal". How can one seriously take Angella for a real queen—let alone "angelical"—if the guys at Filmation made her look like a mundane gal next door wearing a kitsch leotard in gaudy colors as if about to engage in some aerobic exercise?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I like toy Angella's wings, but cartoon Angella's everything else.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Lately all the POP girls released so far resemble their Filmation designs. Wouldn't be surprised if the same thing applies to Angella. Although it would be nice if she came with two heads, her Filmation head with her hair tied and a vintage head with her hair down.

Angella's Filmation look has to be the most starkly different from her toy look than any of the other POP gals. I think the Filmation look is clearly the more iconic version of her, and the one that has to take precedence in being made into figure form. I wouldn't at all mind a toy variant of her or an extra head and/or accessories to make her toy look, but the Filmation look is a must in my book.

Should Angella get Peekablue's skirt instead of a leotard?

Would fans rather Angella get a skirt instead of another leotard that they are unhappy with? Peekablue's skirt, or even Frosta's might look great on her. Honestly the leotards haven't bothered me until Scorpia. Since the original toy Angella had a skirt, how about implementing that into Classics?

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by danielsan52; October 13, 2013 at 08:40pm.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

No way, she should match Glimmer's outfit. I'm not that upset by how Glimmer turned out.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    No way, she should match Glimmer's outfit. I'm not that upset by how Glimmer turned out.
    What he said.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

In the episode Micah of Bright Moon Angella is shown in a flash back wearing a skirt but itīs not the look people want…

Give her a skirt.

Just pull a Fisto and give them an extra piece to put around their waists. Problem solved.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Give her a designed a skirt, like Castaspella.
    WTB:
    Loose: Palace Guards, Snake Men, Horde Troopers, Keldor Cape, Marlena Rifle, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

At this point, since they can't do a proper leotard then yes I would prefer a proper skirt. I'm sure the Horsemen could make it look great. The diaper look isn't true to the material source anyways so I think an actual skirt would be better. The original toy didn't really have a skirt it was kind of a shear pajama pant.

It's not that bad, I rather like it....
    angellaskirt copy.jpg
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Just pull a Fisto and give them an extra piece to put around their waists. Problem solved.
    But then they would come without a weapon or other accessory.

If they can't make a leotard look good then just go for a skirt that was designed that way. I do agree they seem to be getting worse, the first were acceptable but not perfect.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

She looks like she's wearing Glimmer's outfit with a collar, so that is how she should look, she is not wearing a skirt, so she should match Glimmer.

I too am not bothered by the issue, and I am far from blind to the issue, I see what everyone else see's, but unlike some, I don't mind the skirt / tunic look, and somewhat even like it over a leotard.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

NO! I'll take the sub par skirt over an actual dress.

That said, the guys that are all about saying the skirt is not a big deal, well neither are the Trap Jaw legs then.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    NO! I'll take the sub par skirt over an actual dress.

That said, the guys that are all about saying the skirt is not a big deal, well neither are the Trap Jaw legs then.
    Octavia's loose ankles are a far worse thing for me to be ****** about than a tunic vs leotard thing that doesn't bother me in the least....

And as far as Scorpia goes, I'm more confused and amazed in the fact they can't get her to hold her crossbow in her claws than being clipped to her forearms.

Crap like Stinkor's purposely reversed forearms **** me off much more than this issue ever could. Hell I love Frosta a lot (#2 Female to me alot), and her Rubenic treatment is more off putting then this issue.

And at the moment I see nothing wrong with Glimmer, yes the altered tunic looks better, but I was fine with her to begin with....my opinion, I like what we've gotten.... So there's an issue because a few people don't like them not having leotards....we should all throw our arms up in the air and ask what the ****? Sorry, I don't mind the Ladies as they are....I'm not going to complain about something I happen to like, just because it's not accurate to the cartoon.

I have eyes, I can see what everyone is talking about perfectly fine, I see the POP figures not appearing to have a flap tucked into their crotches over a flatter hanging flap....and I don't mind seeing that flap hanging down. I'm not going on to people that don't like it, you don't like it, you DON'T like it....fine by me. But the few that don't like it seem hellbent on trying to force those of us who do like it or don't mind or care to feel like they do. So whenever they basically say that, I'll repeat....I'm fine with it. You're not, hey, whatever floats your boat, I'm not going to try to change your mind into liking it....don't keep trying to change mine.

I don't see diapers, and the only Granny Panties I see are on a figure that actually is wearing briefs (flap tucked around down between her legs)....Jewel Star, and if that's the best they can do on a 2.0 Female buck....then I'd much rather have a flat flap looking like a shirt bottom any day. And from what I see, Marlena's not as good an example to use for a "correct" leotard / briefs on a Female as others seem to make it, I have her, I've put her space suit outfit on her....when she is posed certain ways it bunches and gets stress marks. It may not hinder articulation per se, but neither do the shirt bottoms / skirts. The actual Skirt Skirts hinder articulation more than the shirt tales do, so I am just fine with that decision.

And I have seen actual skirts worn in the real world, v cut like that in the front and backs.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 14, 2013 at 12:08am.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be cool if Angella was given a skirt. It's a nice throwback to the vintage figure, so there is some nostalgia there. Also, even though I haven't been that bothered by the leotards on the previous figures, the skirt probably would look better and add a little more character (and also be more suited to a Queen). However I will take whatever we get just as long as she is done well, as she is one of my most eagerly anticipated figures.