Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Queen Angella Discussion and Speculation

I wouldn't mind if she were exactly like Glimmer. They could just reuse Glimmer's whole body, add a collar and wings. But I know that 4H will add some unique parts to make her a bit more unique.

Angella would actually be okay with the tunic/skirt style leotard.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    No way, she should match Glimmer's outfit. I'm not that upset by how Glimmer turned out.
    Agreed!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I'd prefer she had the pointed skirt look.

Her and Glimmer should have both come with clip on skirts and extra heads in order to have both Filmation and vintage toy looks as display options. I know I would have bought extras just for that. As it stands Glimmer doesn't so I don't see why they'd do it for her mother. If she's only coming with one look I'd still rather have an overly large "flap" than a full on skirt which completely changes the design of the character.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Would fans rather Angella get a skirt instead of another leotard that they are unhappy with?
    Thoughts?
    Ok, I congratulate myself on having been so patient so far, but, unfortunately, I cant take it anymore. What the hell is this "leotard" thing? A silly slang neologism for sure (man, how I hate you guys...they still have to come up with a word for it ), but what exactly is that supposed to mean?
    Thganks in advance for the explanations!

Cheers!

I like the Castaspella like skirt. And to see a leotard watch Olivia Newton John's Lets get Physical video. Shes wearing one the whole time.

No. Original leotard piece, even if it's a bit flappy. No granny-panties are going to be as bad as Adora's and I've come to accept her. She's basically Bridget Jones to Sea Hawk's Mark Darcy.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I want a good leotard. I.E. it's time Mattel gets its **** together and fix that damn female buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Original toy Angella didn't have a skirt...she had culottes. This is quite impossible to do with plastic without hindering articulation, so I say give her the Filmation look that others are clamoring for. I've made a toy-accurate custom for myself, so I won't be bothered too much by the 4H rehashing the same sculpt and plopping some wings on it.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not keen on a skirt for Angella, because she had a leotard in Filmation and harem pants in the original toy line.

I'm not sure if I prefer the look of a well-sculpted skirt (e.g. Castaspella) over a poorly-sculpted leotard (e.g. Octavia). For Angella, I think I would prefer her to look like Glimmer, so another poorly-sculpted leotard would probably be my choice.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I want a good leotard. I.E. it's time Mattel gets its **** together and fix that damn female buck
    This and flying cars would be awesome...I just don't see that happening is all.

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    Original toy Angella didn't have a skirt...she had culottes.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    NO! I'll take the sub par skirt over an actual dress.

That said, the guys that are all about saying the skirt is not a big deal, well neither are the Trap Jaw legs then.
    I would accept a skirt but am happy with the current design. In fact, I quite like Octavia's pizza slice!

I also like Trap Jaw's legs. They are no more used than He-Man's legs, or Mer-Man's legs. Don't get the controversy!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I wouldn't mind if she were exactly like Glimmer. They could just reuse Glimmer's whole body, add a collar and wings. But I know that 4H will add some unique parts to make her a bit more unique.

Angella would actually be okay with the tunic/skirt style leotard.
    This. This is what they should do to be more on model anyway. Glimmer and Angella have practically identical outfits, just different colors. I'm okay with some tweaks, but I hope they don't over individualize it. Angella's been my number one want since the inclusion of POP in the line.
    I'd love a leotard, would deal with the pizza slice, but do NOT want a dress or PANTALOONS!

*Note: Angella is the one POP character where her toy is so vastly different but cool looking, that I think it justifies a variant toy version later down the road. I wouldn't try to merge the two looks much, if at all.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

That said, the guys that are all about saying the skirt is not a big deal, well neither are the Trap Jaw legs then.
    Respectfully, I must disagree. For one the Glimmer's outfit and look has not been used many times. Also, the Trap Jaw legs have been used in place of making unique parts for certain figures. They look "close enough," but original parts would look better in my opinion. I think it just gets noticed even more because it is reused so often on NA villains (Optikk, Karatti, and now Flogg). Now if we see the "Glimmer look" used on many more POP ladies, then I might have to agree.

I hate the hideous flap they've been giving females with leotards. I would rather see a properly sculpted skirt than a plain, flat piece of plastic hanging there like some half-assed apron.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    No way, she should match Glimmer's outfit. I'm not that upset by how Glimmer turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    What he said.
    I agree with this!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The leotard design they have now is great - No SKIRT!

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    PANTALOONS!
    Pantaloons?

You said the word of the day!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    I hate the hideous flap they've been giving females with leotards. I would rather see a properly sculpted skirt than a plain, flat piece of plastic hanging there like some half-assed apron.
    Agree completely with this.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    The leotard design they have now is great - No SKIRT!
    Thatīs true the design is great but the figures never end up with what has been designed.

Better make a good looking change than going on with awful looking things which call them self pants/leotards but are more like pizza slices, aprons or tunics.

Stick to the design or change that donīt pretend you sticked to it but changed it and made it look awful in the process.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    The problem is : Mattel design could EVEN botch the skirt as well by not giving it slits or not making it soft enough so it won't impair the legs movements !

Skirts or leotards : Mattel just can't make female figures properly. It's a MIRACLE that Bubble Power She-Ra and Castaspella came almost flawless.
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 14, 2013 at 12:54pm.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I would rather Angella come as close to the cartoon as possible. Even though Mattel can't seem to get leotards right, I would still prefer Angella have their incompetent attempt over a skirt that would not be accurate.

I can take steps to trim/shape the leotard, and would rather have that option.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Pantaloons?

You said the word of the day!

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/art...fgvdo1_500.gif
    Ahhhhhh Ahhhhhh! Heh Heh Heh. Let's do the Tequila Dance....Ba Ba, Ba Ba Ba, Ba Ba, Ba, Ba Ba, Ba Ba Ba, Ba Ba!

Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

she'll have the skirt one way or another, I'm sure. So you mean ruffled skirt, or the straight mini like most of the ladies? I dont care one way or the other, but I feel I'd rather have the smooth mini.

The problem would be solved if they went with Classic Toy Designs instead of the Filmation look for some of these gals. Mattel can pull off the pantaloons look on a modern action figure that the classic Angella toy came with, I just know they can.
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor