Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MOTUC Queen Angella Discussion and Speculation

Has it been explained why Angella has wings (other than obvious wordplay with angel)?

Especially as her daughter Glimmer doesn't... are they real wings, or part of costume like Sorceress? I do not remember a race of winged people like her either.

I am sure a POP expert can clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Has it been explained why Angella has wings (other than obvious wordplay with angel)?

Especially as her daughter Glimmer doesn't... are they real wings, or part of costume like Sorceress? I do not remember a race of winged people like her either.

I am sure a POP expert can clarify
    Well, iīm a POP fan...expert is to much but in her mini comics Angella wasnīt from Bright Moon but Mizar and thatīs a city on top of a mountain and her people were shown with wings as well. I always thought she is the princess of Mizar and married the king of Bright Moon Micah. Thatīs why she has natural wings.

But iīm not sure it really is like that.

*Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Hey guys, I invite you to Like this Note on this next link: https://www.facebook.com/notes/%C3%B...80697335292138

Lets bring Queen Angella, thanx for reading!
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

I'm hoping she's next!
    The sword shon at NYCC (if it's Angella's...) as her only and recycled weapon is not enough for her. Most of the ladies got two weapons or at least a fully tooled new one.

What do you think about if she came with a staff with her halo/crown on top that can also be attached to her back, to have her displayed in her toy look?

Heroic Warrior
    Totally down for Angella, as long as it's the Filmation look. At this stage in the game, I don't see why it wouldn't be. Filmation look, maybe a staff, and the pink BG Teela sword would be just fine with me. Since she's royalty, she needs a staff or scepter or something. Normally I'd say skip the accessory since she'll have a lot of new tooling(for her wings) but between figures like Mantenna, Octavia, Horde Troopers, and the upcoming Modulok, I'd say they've kinda thrown the tooling budget for single figures out the window.

The idea of a staff with the halo design as the headpiece is a great idea.

And yes, she should be primarily Filmation/Style Guide. It just keeps with the established aesthetic and I like how Angella and Glimmer have complementary outfits, it seems appropriate for a queen and heir apparent. Also, the long flowing dress of the toy look on a flying character is weird.

An alternate "young" Angella head (from the Micah episode flashbacks) could be fun too, I think she looks better with that do. Now I really want a King Micah even more.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    The idea of a staff with the halo design as the headpiece is a great idea.

And yes, she should be primarily Filmation/Style Guide. It just keeps with the established aesthetic and I like how Angella and Glimmer have complementary outfits, it seems appropriate for a queen and heir apparent. Also, the long flowing dress of the toy look on a flying character is weird.

An alternate "young" Angella head (from the Micah episode flashbacks) could be fun too, I think she looks better with that do. Now I really want a King Micah even more.
    Normally i donīt disagree with you but when it comes to Angella i think a flowing dress could be great!
    Last edited by Niki; March 3, 2014 at 09:52am.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I want her Filmation style. Sorry but not vintage Mattel style for me. That would be a mistaken decision IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

I want Filmation Angella, not the vintage doll look. That would be a mistaken decision IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO, Angella could wear high heels and Glimmer flat boots, so they would look different hights as Filmation cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    This. This is what they should do to be more on model anyway. Glimmer and Angella have practically identical outfits, just different colors. I'm okay with some tweaks, but I hope they don't over individualize it. Angella's been my number one want since the inclusion of POP in the line.
    I'd love a leotard, would deal with the pizza slice, but do NOT want a dress or PANTALOONS!

*Note: Angella is the one POP character where her toy is so vastly different but cool looking, that I think it justifies a variant toy version later down the road. I wouldn't try to merge the two looks much, if at all.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Normally i donīt disagree with you but when it comes to Angella i think a flowing dress could be great and to proof that, i drew that one for her in 2011 and even back than i had the same idea with the staff:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...ngellamini.jpg

Sorry for this shameless self add but itīs just for showing what i mean and think what could look great for her.
    First - lovely drawing! I love seeing stuff like that. However, I think I was a little unclear. It is not completely tied to the aesthetic (but it is part of it and I want her to be consistent with the others) but more so to the practicality of it. You drew her dress exactly correct in terms of what would happen with a long a flowing dress- it would get twisted and caught up and fly back between her legs. I can just see her in an ariel dog fight with some harpies and having to adjust her dress to keep it from getting twisted up right in the middle of everything.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

The halo staff idea is a good one, I think adding it to her costume will look stupid and out of place. Another idea I had was some sort of moon staff as her power is derived from the moons of etheria. Or a combination of the 2. Anyhow I really like how the 4h took a simple visual shot from the filmation cartoon and applied that her accessory. Although her sword appears in one shot in the entire series, it still is her sword. The pink added to the sword is a way of classicifing it, adding a connection to the character it's associated with. The one minor gripe I have, is that since the sword is very hard to make out, why not kill 2 birds with one stone, and rather then giving us a repaint of an existing sword we have, create a new sword, one that mirrors sheras original sword from the pop line, give it Angela colors, and call it the sword of bright moon. That way we get that sword as well. Can't get enough accessories.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    We know that Angella will be probably be released before the end of 2015 and that she will likely sport her Filmation colors...

I would love it if Mattel included a second head with a crown, very much like the one in the minicomic:

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...23&image=18953

This would give fans an opportunity to display Angella with a more regal look.

I also hope that she will be released as Queen Angella and that her bio will mention Mizar as the place she was from and originally ruled, and Brightmoon as the kingdom she ruled after marrying Micah.
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

they should do here wings like this custom ,combine these two styles together, give her the cool emblem and a plastic skirt from the figure, and the halo staff (new accessoriy)in the custom could clip into the middle of where the wings meet, to look like the halo on the orignal figure. I would have give here the sword she had in filmation episode "Battle for Brightmoon"

the rest should look like Filmation Angella, and she should get a shield like all the other POP characters, like starbrust sheras color.
    Last thing i would do is give her a crown, since she is a queen. did she have a crown in any media beside filmation?
    Last edited by facet; July 23, 2014 at 11:09pm.

With Glimmer arriving yesterday i looked at her outfit and than i remembered Angella additionally comes with a collar that makes it difficult to add a vintage based head for her.

I really hope she will come with her toy emblem body(not the pantaloons, these not even i like!) and not the same outfit Glimmer came with but i know iīm in in the minority here….

Masters of the Universe Classics Angella hopefully coming soon.
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/

The .org member mjw41 posted this picture which he found on fb:

Well if it is the real thing and it very much looks like it. The queen will be very much FILMATION.

The .org member mjw41 posted this picture which he found on fb:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...ps23d7965a.jpg

Well if it is the real thing and it very much looks like it. The queen will be very much FILMATION.
    Looks pretty real to me also! She is definitely my top get for 2015. Gotta get the final 3 POP ladies, 2015 just has to go through. Thanks for sharing Nicki!

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Give her a skirt.
    I recall TG saying that Angella would be the first character to utilize Brandon Sopinsky's new female leotard piece. It should be cool, just look at the wonders design had worked with the armor (Ninjor).

Queen Angella's short bob can be seen when she and Glimmer are flying in 'Portrait of Doom':

http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/reb...eenangella.asp
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

With Glimmer arriving yesterday i looked at her outfit and than i remembered Angella additionally comes with a collar that makes it difficult to add a vintage based head for her.

I really hope she will come with her toy emblem body(not the pantaloons, these not even i like!) and not the same outfit Glimmer came with but i know iīm in in the minority here….
    Minority, maybe, but definitely not alone.

Not going to happen, but how cool could a second 'toy' head be?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52