Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Queen Angella Discussion

Personally I am hoping for the vintage POP toy version of Angella over her filmation look. I loved her mini comic "Journey to Mizar". Comming with a sword would be cool but she could also come with the rose septer, as in the UK comics she weilded it before it was given to Glimmer. At the very least I hope we get the suggestions made by bcrduke when MOTUC Angella is made. She truly does have massive potential and After She-Ra & Catra she is my personal faviourate POP character.
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 10, 2011 at 11:10pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Is Queen Angella human? ...part human? ...bird?

I was just thinking about our Bright Moon Queen, and started to wonder whether or not her wings were organic or simply magical?

Has this ever been explained somewhere? Does anyone know? What about Hunga the Harpy? Is Angella of the same half beast half human species that Hunga seems to be?
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    They've already said in the Q&A's that she's the Leader of the Great Rebellion, which is a Filmation story point. I believe she will look like the style guide version. It's simple and easily made from existing parts - which also seems to be the direction they're going in. I think offering her vintage figure look may be a bonus figure option down the road, like She-Ra & Catra. I hope they giver her a sword - like she had in one shot of SOTS.

I think it would be really awesome if her bios states that she is a Princess of Mizar who married into the royal family of Brightmoon, and ended up with the throne when her husband, the king, was captured by Horde forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Personally I am hoping for the vintage POP toy version of Angella over her filmation look. I loved her mini comic "Journey to Mizar". Comming with a sword would be cool but she could also come with the rose septer, as in the UK comics she weilded it before it was given to Glimmer. At the very least I hope we get the suggestions made by bcrduke when MOTUC Angella is made. She truly does have massive potential and After She-Ra & Catra she is my personal faviourate POP character.
    Great Ideas, both of you. In regards to the look of Angella, I hope she looks more like her filmation version, never really liked her toy version much, she looked too young. She shorter hair gives her a more adult look to her. Now in reagards to her accessories, I totally feel she should come with a POP Shield, as should all POP females, as well as that sword from the one shot of the Secret of the Sword. Now we really dont get a good look at the sword but one idea that i had was to use sheras sword from the original POP Line, and call it the sword of brightmoon,creating another ancient artifact and making use of that sword design. A Lilac one was used in the fantastic fashions line ,which could be used by Glimmer and known the Sword of Etheria would give her stronger battle presence. I never understood the rose spectar, what did it represent, was it some sort of ancient weapon. I always thougt it should have gone to Perfuma,seems more fitting. A cool nod to the old line and helps make sense of the sword Angella holding in the final scene of Secret of the sword before she takes her kingdom back. What issue was the that exchange of the rose sceptar in. Any links or panels from the comic.
    Last edited by facet; October 14, 2011 at 11:49pm.

The Rose Septer is actually called the staff of light. If you check out the UK She-Ra comics volume 14 on the org publishing section you will see the whole back story to the staff. Angella passed to to glimer when she came of age and left brightmoon. She uses it in battle against Force Captin Adora in the comic!

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...09&image=20434
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 30, 2011 at 03:55am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh wow...I didn't know that! That just reminds me of how much reading I still have to do!

Here's the page!

EDIT: I also would prefer a toy-based Queen Angella.

I do find it a little interesting that "young" Queen Angella in Filmation bore more of a resemblance to the toy (just, a skirt instead of pants)!

Last edited by Darkspecter; September 30, 2011 at 04:06am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Thats an awesome find right there thanks. And the younger Angella does look like the toy version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I never understood the rose spectar, what did it represent, was it some sort of ancient weapon. I always thougt it should have gone to Perfuma,seems more fitting. A cool nod to the old line and helps make sense of the sword Angella holding in the final scene of Secret of the sword before she takes her kingdom back. What issue was the that exchange of the rose sceptar in. Any links or panels from the comic.
    I felt the same way about the the Rose staff until Power Con when I learned of the back story.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    The Rose Septer is actually called the staff of light. If you check out the UK She-Ra comics volume 14 on the org publishing section you will see the whole back story to the staff. Angella passed to to glimer when she came of age and left brightmoon. She uses it in battle against Force Captin Adora in the comic!

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...09&image=20434
    After learning this it really makes so much more sense why Glimmer has this staff with r big rose on it. I have not doubt that the MOTUC Glimmer will have the staff.

More on topic, Queen Angella, of all the POP character still without a MOTUC figure she should get 2. The toy and style guide are so different almost to the point of looking like two different characters. Personally I like the style guide but I would be happy to buy both versions if made.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

That's interesting that Glimmer received her staff and headdress as a gift from Angella. The only thing is that Castaspella couldn't have been at that party because she was ensorceled by Mortella, and was only freed by Adora & Bow after she became She-Ra. Artist's error!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

It is actually possible kev, this is set before Adora is a member of the great rebellion,by a couple of years. Mystacore could have fallen to Mortella just as the horde were beginning to invade brightmoon, in SOTS it said that Brightmoon was the.last kingdom to fall to the horde. This party took place before brightmoon fell. Before hunga had taken Angella, I think it would be a close time line of events, but it is still possible that castaspella fell to mortella around the same timenor just before the horde invasion of brightmoon began. The UK POP comics always sat very tightly with the Filmation cannon, never usually expanding the story in a way to go against the cartoon that was airing at the same time.

Here is that link to the sword that Queen Angella has at the Battle for Brightmoon
    http://www.princessofpower.co.uk/pag...noramic_04.jpg

I think it's going to be a 99.9% chance that we get Filmation Angella.
    My biggest problem is that Filmation Angella's dress is a repaint of Glimmer's dress (and an extra collar piece) While the Toy Angella would be deemed "Too Girly" for some collectors.
    Now if they could do Something to make Angella and Glimmer look more than almost repaints of each other like adding Toy Angella's chest piece and a shorter removable "skirt" like the toy while keeping the overall Filmation look would be an acceptable compromise for me.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

that mock up on page one is great. Actually excites me about her. Was on the fence, but seeing that, yep. It's a keeper.

But is it weird that I want a crown on a queen? Even if it didnt exist originally?

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Bring on Queen Angella with the sword and all the other POP gals
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

They should release Queen Angella in December

When they get around to releasing Queen Angella, wouldn't it be fun if they did it in November or December, just in time to put her on top of our holiday trees?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Then they should release her earlier than November.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

That would be a cute idea, though I would agree that she should be released in Nov so we would be sure to have her by Christmas, since we all know shipping tends to be a nightmare.

Elder Councilman
    who was her husband, and what happened to him?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    who was her husband, and what happened to him?
    Micah of Bright Moon was his name, and from best I recall he had been captured by Hordak and kept prisoner for years, much like Angella had been by Hunga. I don't remember what happened after they were re-united.
    Last edited by Princess_Adora; November 24, 2011 at 02:21pm.

Angella and Glimmer are the two in Filmation whose cartoon incarnations I think look THE WORST. I really loved the old classic PoP toy versions and think both the figures themselves and all of the classic PoP cardback or box art renderings of Angella and Glimmer look beautiful. I have my fingers crossed that when Angella's time in MOTUC comes, that they put in as much of the classic toy look into her as possible. I know the trend has been to bring the Filmation versions of the PoP characters to life as action figures... but personally I think Angella and Glimmer look hideous in the cartoon and would be disappointed if the toy details get dropped for the watered-down 'toon versions. The pantaloons and chest on the old toy look awesome... we already know the Horsemen can sculpt up some bad-ass looking wings. The old Angella had no accesories save for the comb, so I'd be up for them including some Filmation 'toon accessories/artifacts to go with her.

I love pop. Agella is my second most wanted character from the series, other than she ra. I really wish they will make her. Maybe with 2 heads. One with the filmation tie hair, and one with the long hair. Come on matty, how about sometime this year?

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Would you want her wings to be flocked? (Like K. Grayskull cape)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    flocked wings? i dont know.
    should be put to a vote.

I would have to pass on flocked wings. That would actually turn me against her figure. I have no desire to see her wings flocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Would you want her wings to be flocked? (Like K. Grayskull cape)
    No not at all.

Flocking should not be used anymore... except on Panthor, cause Mattel said they were going to make one... I don't want him, but other folk wanted him...