Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man.org Has MOTUC Skeletor! (now with Guia X photos,too!!!)

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

He-Man.org Has MOTUC Skeletor! (now with Guia X photos,too!!!)

Thanks to ToyGuru, He-Man.org was the FIRST to receive MOTUC Skeletor!

Here is a link to the album containing a whole bunch of photos I took of this fantastic figure!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=105

Also, click here to check out awesome photos posted by Guia X later in this thread!

Plus, be sure to check out the front page of the site for my MOTUC Skeletor Video Review!

Enjoy!

If you have any requests, post them here and I'll do my best to take more photos!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; December 19, 2008 at 12:54am.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I just saw the video on YouTube! Awesome!!! Everything looks great, including his face. I love the the black leathery parts on his shoulder. It looks like he can hold his staff just fine in his left hand.

VERY NICE!!! I really can't wait to get this figure! The color looks great on his face! Hurry up January 15th!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The face is amazing. It seems to have all sorts of pitts and cracks. Although I liked the 200X sculpt it bothered me that very often it got lost in the black wash. This looks perfect.

Fantastic! Normally I would have liked two weapon holding hands, but I agree with the choice here. It'll be much easier to have him hold the staff with two hands. The only thing that irks me a little is that the sword halves don't fit together as flush as I'd like. Then again, I was sorta expecting it. It's probably different from figure to figure, though.

Anyway, man, I can't wait for this guy!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Awww....

I paid a bunch to get one early from HK, it wont be here until tomorrow, and I was hoping to be the first to post pics of ol' Skullface.

But that is simply awesome.

And Toyguru came through for us in a major way with that, so hopefully that rectified the situations for those who had complaints about us not getting to break anything news-wise.

Dan,

Keep up the great videos. Its a nice little treat between the release of figures. I am more than stoked for Skeletor. This is the figure Ive been looking forward to since the first 6 were announced. Does anybody no when the Overlord of Evil goes on sale? Im assumings its the 15th but who knows.

I was really excited for Skeletor after seeing the Toyfare pic. Those pictures are great except the side by side with the Hordak staticon. I think the Hordak staticon looks so much more bad ass.

This will be the only figure from the classics line that will have a spot on my desk at work.

I heart Skeletor. Thanks for the pics. Just seeing him next to Beastman (something about the combination of colors) takes me back to being a kid and seeing these for the first time. Face looks beter here than what we saw in the inpack pics.

By time my he Man and Beastman show up it`ll be almost time to order Skeletor. He looks awsome though

Put me down for 10!
    Skeletor looks great.
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

OMG!!!!
    He looks simply perfect!

I'm impressed!
    Accept the unacceptable.

Court Magician
    WOOOOOOOOOW and YEEEEEEES!!!

That is sooooo AWESOME.

He is also in normal pose (not pre-posed) inside the card.

Heroic Warrior
    Skelly looks bad ass. Thanks for the awesome pics.

ooh! Looks good! I wish he was out already.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Nice!!!

Boy, these are tough figures to photograph. I can tell how awesome the head sculpt is from some of those pictures, but you gotta look for it.

Overall, this figure is cool and a must-buy but something about it isn't totally blowing me away.

I suspect that is due to how IMO spot-on 100% perfect the 200x redesign was--and the Deluxe Statue's execution in particular, which remains one of THE all-time best collectibles ever created. I seriously can't exaggerate how much that Skelly Statue rocks.

I think the 4H's concept of different builds of 200x will take some of the enjoyment of certain MOTUC figures from me, and certainly Skeletor seems to be one. The idea that Skeletor would have a somewhat withered, slightly decaying body fits so perfectly with the character that it will probably never let me fully enjoy Skeletor being a buffed-out hoss on par with He-Man.

When I get mine, I will likely make a few modifications.
    I'm not sure I like seeing that much exposed blue neck. Kinda wish the hood would've hung a little further down, so I may mod the neck to lower the head a little. Not sure until I have it in person.

Thanks to Toy Guru for the .org hook-up, and thanks to Pixel Dan for the video/pics!!

My New Year's resolution is . . . BUY SKELETOR!

That's awesome that Toyguru sent the first Skeletor to the org! Thumbs up, and great pictures!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    My New Year's resolution is . . . BUY SKELETOR!
    Well, that's an easy resolution to keep, I would think.

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Nice reviews Mandalorian30. You sure are keeping busy with all these videos and photos you been taking. Keep up the good work.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    The sculpting is perfect.

But can he sit? A superposeable action figure and I want to know if he can raise his leg 90 degrees? Any pics?

Woo-hooo! He-Man.org has the power again!!! *run to check the photos out!*
    Thanks Toyguru and PixelDan!

Wow! Skeletor looks the best!!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Each of these figures is amazing.

I just got He-Man and Beastman the other day - and I could not stop looking at them. I showed them to my mom when she visited, and SHE was blown away. She said they were much better than the 200X figures. She has a soft-spot for our trekking to toy stores in search of MOTU back in the day lol.

Personally, I like ALL of the incarnations of MOTU - for different reasons.

I cannot wait for She-Ra in this style. I think she's going to be killer!!!
    It would be amazing if they make her sword as they have with He-Man and Skeletor's - so that you can put her half with Skeletor's or with He-Man's.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Skeletor looks soooo good. Can't wait to get him. (Thumbs up to Mattel for getting this figure to the .org!...feels like they're being mindful of fan suggestions)

Great job on the video review there, Mandalorian30! It was like watching Antiques Roadshow or QVC or something along those lines It's funny how you ended it by slowly zooming into Skeletor's twisted face. hehe
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."