Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mekaneck Discussion Thread

i would be cool with one 8" long bendy piece i hope he's out in 2010

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

A big fan of Slush Head
    I think Mekaneck wll make his debut in 2010.
    He is an important character, he is easy to make and lots of people want him.
    So my guess is June 2010.

I'd love his neck to be long and bendy. Hope they do this.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Shining in the Darkness Chronicler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    As for the neck. I'm going on a limb here and it will be done one of 2 ways:
    Way #1--the chest is hallowed & slotted to manually raise and lower the neck/head

Way #2--The chest is hallowed out but he'll come with 3 different head/necks lengths (long, longer & longest) that are inserted like pegs
    Can't hollow out the chest. It would require a new torso be molded as one piece without the mid-torso joint. Not gonna happen.

No, what we'll get is a molded neck piece that attaches to the normal neck if the head is removed. Pop off the head, pop on the mechaneck, pop the head on that.
    ATTENTION:
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Hopefully we'll get him this year! I don't know why I'm looking forward to him, since the reason I liked 'em was because of his action feature. I guess I'm just excited to see what they do with him. Though I won't be able to twist him back and forth and watch his neck go up and down, I am excited at the prospect of a long bendy neck! Sounds cool! Even if it isn't bendy, it should still be cool.

Another thing about him that I always thought was funny was his GIGANTIC MACE. I mean, his power is only useful for surveillance, so that always makes it seem like he's otherwise indisposed regarding battle - but no! He's got this giant golden mace of justice to bring down the HAMMER on would-be attackers! Makes me think this guy is real strong, as well (which would make sense for the 200X version, who obviously has more robotics on him than just his neck).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Sucks we'll have to wait until December or later to find out who the April figure is (which is supposed to be an Evil Warrior).
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Classic & 200X fan
    Very excited for Mekaneck.
    big geek

They're holding him out on us, because they know we want him so bad.

Toyguru already said his neck would be a removable attachment, so the only questions are: how long will the neck be? and will there be more than one neck attachment?

My guess is that he'll come with one neck- 2-3" long, but if Mattel wants to get real clever they'll include a second, longer neck, so that we can use either neck, or combine them for a total of three neck lengths. Bendy would be a plus as long as it doesn't wreck the look, and I can't really imagine that it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I think Mekaneck wll make his debut in 2010.
    He is an important character, he is easy to make and lots of people want him.
    So my guess is June 2010.

I'd love his neck to be long and bendy. Hope they do this.
    If Mattel uses the same soft plastic as they have been using on the weapons, his neck could be real bendy, maybe even fold over and hit the floor

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I too am really looking forward to Mek.

And I hope he comes with a few different neck links. And I think there should be an extra bendy neck piece, that way we can pose him in different ways then just straight up and down.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Classic & 200X fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTyler View Post
    I too am really looking forward to Mek.

And I hope he comes with a few different neck links. And I think there should be an extra bendy neck piece, that way we can pose him in different ways then just straight up and down.
    That certainly would make him "fully articulated".
    big geek

Quote Originally Posted by 46stang View Post
    If Mattel uses the same soft plastic as they have been using on the weapons, his neck could be real bendy, maybe even fold over and hit the floor
    lmao too true!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I wonder how they'll do him?

I'd hope for a long, bendy neck.

And I think it'd be cool if the neck attachments can attach to one another. Then release a spare with the weapon pack.

We all know those rubbery, bendy toys are good at snapping, so adding a spare in the weapon pack would be useful, but if they can attach together to make his neck longer still, even better!

I'm fairly sure we'll see him in 2010. July sounds reasonable to me. I actually think we'll get stinkor first though.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

I think Meckanek will be realesed in 2010, and i hope which will have the mobile neck such as the vintage version!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    The sooner the better!

I think they will go with a neck attachment as "action features" aren't being done. I think 4-6 inches would be long enough. Hell they could even make larger peices down the line in Accessory Packs. There's a lot of room for "growth" with this figure. :-) (C'mon! It was kind of funny)

Bring on Mekaneck! With add-on neck piece, mirror eyes and silver boots !

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TIRPITZ View Post
    Bring on Mekaneck! With add-on neck piece, mirror eyes and silver boots !
    I'm all for it!
    Here's to hoping for Mechaneck in 2010!!!

I'm still all for the action features!!!!
    Getting action features in this line is unfortunately wishful thinking...
    It's a deep shame the action features are ditched but unfortunately the way it is...

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think looking back at what Mattel said about action features and how they have changed their tune now that the line is selling is funny.

Stinkor will stink. Mossman will be flocked and have a pine smell, and now Mekanek will probably have an extended neck piece. It's really not hard to imagine since the heads are removable.

I'm sure also Extendar will appear down the line and he will have extensions on his limbs. Not so sure what they will do for Dragstor though.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

A big fan of Slush Head
    LOL This is sad but sooo true!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    I would be surprised if we DIDN'T see Mekaneck sometime next year. He is very easy to make with almost no additional tooling. However, we may get Stinkor first since he requires even less tooling. And besides, Moss Man has to have someone to fight.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I think looking back at what Mattel said about action features and how they have changed their tune now that the line is selling is funny. Stinkor will stink. Mossman will be flocked and have a pine smell, and now Mekanek will probably have an extended neck piece. It's really not hard to imagine since the heads are removable.
    Mattel's stance has always been that they would not be doing "action features". Fans then scurried and scraped and squabbled about exactly what an action feature is. What Mattel was talking about, specifically, were mechanisms that would require complex components or major retooling to achieve.

As long as the toy doesn't require extensive tooling (two new heads, armor, new lower arms and legs, and multiple weapons), Mattel can afford to add the superficial touches that make certain characters *pop*. Stinkor's smell doesn't require extra tooling. Moss Man's flocking doesn't require brand new arms and legs to be molded. They aren't action features... they're just plain features.

Mekaneck's "action feature" is off the table. The "action" part is that the neck slides out of the chest cavity with a turn of the waist. Mattel was also very vocal about that from the start. Mekaneck was used as the prime example of how they planned to *approximate* the character's special ability, without designing an action feature mechanism into the toy.

*That* is the difference here.

Before somebody says: "But Triklops has his action feature!"
    The spinning visor does not require complicated tooling to the body. just the head.
    Battle Armor He-Man is getting interchageable plates in order to "re-create" to an extent the action feature.

About Mek's neck. I used to be a fan of the long bendy neck, but right now I'd rather have a pair of shorter hard neck pieces... why? Displayability. I worry that the head might be a bit too heavy and disrupt the fig's center of gravity, because of the bendy neck.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I am not crazy about a bendy neck it will only make the head/neck lean to one side and not stay erect.A few hard pieces of plastic that connect to give him an elongated neck will suffice.

I do really want him soon but after Buzz-off of course we need more heroic man creatures.

Alright guys, Marzo's on his way so let's hear it for Mek.

I think Mek is one of my most wanted figures! I would be thrilled if he looked a lot like his cardback painting, with all of the shiny metal parts. I think that last pic is my favorite piece from the Art Show!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    my ManAtArms club still looks limp everytime I display him.

COME on MEK!!!! can't wait.