Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mekaneck Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Great news ! Mekaneck was long overdue ! Now let's pray that he'll be good quality and that he won't suffer from QC issues... I'll probably buy him. Now there are only a few heroic warriors left to release, with Ram Man being the most requested.

Huh! How about that- I forgot how much I loved Mekaneck until I got this email I can't believe how good he looks- PLEASE MATTEL, DON'T CHANGE A SINGLE THING! The colors are great!!! The club looks amazeballs (hope it's all a nice solid plastic with no wilty Man-At-Arms-style mace handle issues!). I am definitely buying 2 so I can extend that mofo neck to the high heavens!

PS- In a year that is filled with cut accessories and missing paint applications, I am soooo happy to have Mekaneck come out in his rather simple amazingness- just the one club, the armor, and neck pieces + his striking but otherwise pretty simple color scheme = a figure that will hopefully arrive on our doorsteps just the way he appears in the email. No extra pieces to get the axe due to budgeting issues, no crazy amount of paint decos that will need to be left off of the final figure... I kinda hope (until they get to 2013 and have the $$$ to no longer have to cut accessories or paint apps) that the rest of 2012 are these rather "easy-peasy" figures to knock out. Look how happy Mekaneck has made everybody here!
    Last edited by zodak74; May 18, 2012 at 04:12pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I agree with you Dan on the neck extentions, very cool indeed. I wonder if you can combine Neck extentions because if you can I know i'll buy two extra on sale day to give him a 15 inch neck
    I was thinking about that. If both neck pieces have to be able to connect to the post the head sits on and the head has to sit on top of the neck piece, then they would have to be stackable. Dont you think? That will be awesome to see a 15" Mek-neck. LOL

Alright man, now you're talking!....Now I will have one less wanted to be made figures! I loved the vintage Mekaneck, I played with him a lot....next Ram Man, he also got a lot of play.

Let's see....my day made....check!

Silver boots, black loin cloth! oh yeah, just like back in the day.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

another perfect update of the vintage figure by the looks of it! so awesome! ...

that huge extra neck attachment looks so damn cool! ... i love this figure already! ...

well done 4H and mattel - another true classic ...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Alright man, now you're talking!....Now I will have one less wanted to be made figures! I loved the vintage Mekaneck, I played with him a lot....next Ram Man, he also got a lot of play.

Let's see....my day made....check!
    well said!
    Last edited by tmc1984; May 18, 2012 at 04:11pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

He is going to look so cool with that super long neck, gazing out over my other figures. What an awesome way to start the weekend.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Princess View Post
    He is going to look so cool with that super long neck, gazing out over my other figures. What an awesome way to start the weekend.
    yeah that neck attachment is totally awesome! it's huge - and looks great ... ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Well... now there is only 1 figure left to complete the first two years of the original vintage figures released into the MOTUC line!!!

...ram man... ram man!!! Ram Man! Ram Man!! RAM MAN!!! RAM MAN!!!

RAM MAN!

Heroic Warrior
    I have a subscription and have not gotten the email. Luckily I saw it first on facebook. I am really excited for this one! Now I am waiting to find out Ram Man will be the subscription bonus figure for 2013. Hopefully Mantenna will be a 2013 figure too!

Heroic Warrior
    I JUST GOT THE E-MAIL 5 minutes ago!!!

..."Get WWE Legends Bundy 5/21‏".

Well...that happened. Give me a week, and I will completely get what all of you are saying!

Wow after a lousy week of having a friend die, getting my laptop and cameras stolen, sprayed with a paint mixer machine at work, and not getting several good roles I was up for, this cheers me up a little bit.

Wonder if the neck pieces can combine.

So he was the Sept fig that got bumped?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

PS- How awesome is it that we're still getting Mosquitor this year too?! I really thought he was going to be revealed as the next monthly figure after Frosta- what if we get both Mekky AND 'squitor in October?!?!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Well... now there is only 1 figure left to complete the first two years of the original vintage figures released into the MOTUC line!!!

...ram man... ram man!!! Ram Man! Ram Man!! RAM MAN!!! RAM MAN!!!

RAM MAN!
    Give it time

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    A scary thought just occurred to me. They're calling the neck "fully articulated," but I don't see any joints on the sculpt. TG is also refusing to call Snout Spout's foam defective, based on the latest WTFWTK. Do you think Mattel will use that awful foam again for Mekaneck's necks?
    I dont think they will. He did say the Slush Head tentacles werent bendy because of Snout Spouts failure, but I think Slushy was already too far along before the SS debacle, so maybe BS PR spew.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I JUST GOT THE E-MAIL 5 minutes ago!!!

..."Get WWE Legends Bundy 5/21‏".

Well...that happened. Give me a week, and I will completely get what all of you are saying!
    Check your spam folder.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Based on those neck attachments, Rattlor is going to look insanely cool.
    Oh I sure hope so. He's my most wanted figure.
    I just hope...

...that the connection of Rattlor's and Mekaneck's necks will be balljoints...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Meh.

I mean, he's nice, because let's face it, the 4H are magicians sent to us from beyond time and space to give us beautiful miniature representations of these characters, but as a character... Mekaneck?

Meh.

Vastly prefer Extendar. "Anything you can do, I can do better..."

Two thoughts:

1) I wonder if there will be an additional sticker sheet with translucent colored stickers in the shape of the goggles so we can "customize" his vision the way we'd like.

2) Can Megator hold that long neck piece? I want him to bash some skulls using it as a club with Mekaneck's nonchalant expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Finally a Mekaneck for everyone's Count Marzo figure to beat on!
    Oh! *claps hands* Okay, that makes this an easier pill to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Yay @ him getting a couple extra inches.
    YER KILLIN' ME OVER HERE.

Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I just re-read...."Image shown here is a prototype, so the deco and assembly of the final figure will likely vary a bit"....reversed forearms, or maybe reversed thighs!!!!

I hope they leave him alone this time, since he is one of my favorites, and I never had Stinkor before, but this time I will be more ticked.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    However, he's beyond foolish as a choice for production at this time. If Mattel's crack research team was worth its weight in Kowl droppings, they'd realize that a large segment of their target buying audience has been holding out for two figures (primarily): Mekaneck and Ram-Man. Rush those two out, and the viability of the line becomes questionable. Why do something that's practically guaranteed to signal the death knell of the line when you can continue to eek money out of it? It's bad business sense. Honestly, they should be doing everything to maximize the lifeline of the franchise, instead of rushing out the vintage MOTU figures knowing full-well that they'll lose a huge chunk of their target buyers once that's done.
    Yes while I am excited for and happy to see Mekaneck - I echo your statements in production timing. I'm not saying I want him held "hostage" or something is killing the line, but it would make sense to reveal at SDCC that Mekaneck, Ram-Man, and Jitsu would be 2013 offerings to help bolster the subscriptions going forward and at least draw the line out for another year. Its great we are getting these figs, but if the profit margins are so thin, a lot of the remaining figures are going to require quite a bit of unique tooling. Mekaneck and Jitsu would be two "cheap" figures to balance out a potential 2013 budget. Its like leaving easy money on the table - unless they are hedging their bets projecting that 2013 sub levels will be even less w/ projected price increases so they want to get the A-listers out sooner rather than later.

Not derail this thread. I think it speak to the "surprise" of seeing Mekaneck right now.

Happy for the happy people.

Wish it was POP Yes, that's right...TWO POP figures in one month. That would have been supremely cool!

He is awesome! Absolutely perfect!
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

Court Magician OptimusOfGrayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    PS- How awesome is it that we're still getting Mosquitor this year too?! I really thought he was going to be revealed as the next monthly figure after Frosta- what if we get both Mekky AND 'squitor in October?!?!
    It's also possible Rattlor will be out this year too. Toyguru said more snakemen are coming this year!

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusOfGrayskull View Post
    It's also possible Rattlor will be out this year too. Toyguru said more snakemen are coming this year!
    That would be a rather solid way to round out the rest of a solid year!

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Personally, I would rather the line end Without MEckaneck and ram man than without lodar and mermista. That's why I want Mattel to string out the vintage big guns. I would like to get as many figures as possible before the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    People have a belief that the vintage characters are the only thing keeping the line afloat. As soon as the last vintage figure is sold, the fans will leave in droves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    It's not that anyone wants him--or Ram-Man, or anyone else--'held hostage' out of any sense of maliciousness. And unlike some (that's not directed at you) who are vocal about the fact that they would rather see other collectors' favorites never see the light of day (e.g., those who say there's no room for POP and NA characters), those of us who are suggesting that the timing of Mek's release is foolish aren't saying that he shouldn't be made. Rather, we're saying that Matty's has shot themselves in the proverbial foot by pushing out too many of the vintage MOTU figures (as a whole) too quickly, and it's foolish to push out one of the last 'A-listers' when there are so many other A-listers from other factions still waiting in the wings!
    Vintage characters are important, but again they can't last forever. Matty also has to keep people's interests by actually releasing them.
    I'm in a group that's all about needing Mek and Ram Man. But it doesn't mean that's all I would buy, they're just the last I would need to feel I had a complete collection. If there were somehow a very large group of people that were only still in it for those two, it's unlikely they would be subscribers anyway so I'm not sure the impact it would have. If people have been subscribing but now feel they have enough vintage characters after this year's lineup, then the line would be doomed as of 2013 anyway. Which I doubt--too many heavy hitters left from all the eras, including filmation stuff, to last at least two or three more years. Plus, I think all the screwups during the past half year will do more to determine the fate of the subs than Mekaneck will.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusOfGrayskull View Post
    I think I'd bust out a disco dance if Rattlor was confirmed.