Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mekaneck Discussion Thread

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Indeed. One of my favorite figures as a kid, and I'm truly sad that we never got to see how the 4H would've re-invisioned him for 200x.

Getting a killer MOTUC version eventually will go a long ways towards assuaging that sadness.

I pretty much just display my figures and don't play with them so I'm all for extra snap on neck pieces rather than an extending/retractable neck.

I'm just happy that when he shows up, I don't have to display him with waist twisted!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

a lot of people have talked about wanting accessory packs in the future. i don't know if mattel will ever listen to those fans, but it sounds like a decent idea. one thing they could include in such a pack is an extra neck piece for mekaneck. we've seen mekaneck extend his neck to enormous lengths before and both of his previous toys have paled in comparison. but what if they design the snap-on neck to accommodate more and more neck segments? one segment would probably be about 4 inches long. add another and suddenly his head is towering 8 inches over everyone else. one more and it's an entire foot! imagine if the snap-on segments are flexible. you can't do that with something that's retractable, it would cause too many problems in the toy's design. now you've got a foot-long neck you can bend and twist however you want, just like in the cartoon!

yeah, i'm definitely against the retractable neck

Hopefully he'll be packed with a long flexi neck ala the arms of Snake Crush Skeletor from the 200x line.
    That way we can still pose his neck in any way we desire.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I kinda hope, for the MOC collectors...that his extended neck is on him while he's in the packaging. (Probably not because it would, most likely, need a reshaped "bubble.").

The only problem I see is that when out of the package, it would be "stuck" in the form of the bubble.

Heroic Warrior
    mekaneck's neck reaching an incredible length never sat well with me.

where does it all go?, it doesn't 'telescope' into itself, so where does he have room in his body cavity for all that neck?, and if he DOES have room for it, where does he keep his internal organs?

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post

where does it all go?, it doesn't 'telescope' into itself, so where does he have room in his body cavity for all that neck?, and if he DOES have room for it, where does he keep his internal organs?
    this never bothered me with mekaneck, but it REALLY messed me up as a kid with inspector gadget!

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post

Nanotubes

I would be perfectly happy with a snap in neck, preferably bendable. As for an action feature i would miss though, the battle damage on battle armor He-man should they ever make one.

Heroic Warrior
    I'll miss the "action feature". I wish somewhere down the line there could be two versions, as I'd like both.
    ne jabba no badda!

I hope his neck is extended in the packaging, if not, then I like the idea of different neck lengths being attachable.

Heroic Warrior
    I never liked the twisted waist 1/2" neck action. it was always pretty awkward. I think the snap on neck pieces will give me plenty of nostalgia without the added cost/problems of the retractable action figure.

The Snap on parts will give the same concept, but will do it "better" ie. longer, than physics would allow for the toy.

Now battle Armor? THAT is something where the "healing" was an integral part of the concept. Without the battle damge features, the visual look of the armor was pretty stupid looking.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Hopefully he'll be packed with a long flexi neck ala the arms of Snake Crush Skeletor from the 200x line.
    That way we can still pose his neck in any way we desire.
    Good call Ice, it would be sweet if we could actually pose the long neck for a change, much like he does in the toons. Thats cooler than the action feature anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    Good call Ice, it would be sweet if we could actually pose the long neck for a change, much like he does in the toons. Thats cooler than the action feature anyway.
    But if it would be a static neck, Should it be somewhere around the 4-6 inches, straith, slightly bended or a hard corner?

Widget
    Hmm, why not just two heads? One non-Extending the other fully extended about three-and half inches to four and a half inches? Sames as Mer-Man, two heads.

We're getting two heads with Mer-man so let's get two heads for this guy - one "normal" and one long, bendable neck version. Classics don't need action-features per se - they are awesome enough as is.

Widget
    Hmm, I don't think it will top the 200x Mecs tho'. Gotta' be pretty awsome.

Different heads.no retraction. Im not a fan of the twisting action and the head goes up. Different heads.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Everybody keeps talking about twisting action... why not just make him retract/extend by grabbing his neck directly?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

to the people who talk about giving him two heads, why does he need another one? if the head is meant to pop off the torso, wouldn't it just make sense to have the neck designed the same way?

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I'm not a fan of the twist action at all. I'd prefer 2 heads - a standard head and a head on the extended (and flexible) neck.
    I agree, two heads.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    to the people who talk about giving him two heads, why does he need another one? if the head is meant to pop off the torso, wouldn't it just make sense to have the neck designed the same way?
    If they put a long top heavy neck on a ball joint, it`ll just lean and the figure wouldn`t be able to stand up, I like the snap on neck idea better. 200x Meckaneck was top heavy enough and he didn`t have a neck on a ball joint!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I feel that most MOTUC figures will be just fine without action features. However, Mekaneck is one of those few classic MOTU figures who not only had a cool design, but was also defined by his action feature as well. I feel that the nostalgia of Mekaneck may be lost if his neck didn’t extend and retract. If his neck could simply be pulled up and pushed down, without the inclusion of any automatic waist twist or spring loaded pop-up action feature, does that really classify as an “action” feature? In my opinion, if the feature is done manually, it doesn’t count as an action feature.

My idea for how I would have handled him would be to allow his neck to extend up and down only about an inch and a half. It would have no twist feature like the original. It could simply be pulled up and pushed down. The neck would snap ever so slightly into the down position just tight enough to hold but not tight enough to make it difficult to extend. It would snap tighter into the extended position so that it wouldn’t slip down. Since heads are detachable in this line, he could have additional neck attachments to extend his neck for poses. I would give him at least one straight neck attachment and one that kind of curves around. If Mekaneck were made this way, the only articulation that would be compromised would be his stomach. If he has armor covering his entire torso, his stomach articulation would be hindered anyway.

I’m aware that Mattel has stated that Mekaneck will not have any neck extending feature. I hope that he is slated late enough in the line, and that MOTUC is so successful, that Mattel has time to reconsider special (not necessarily “action”) features for those few figures whose action features really defined the classic MOTU toy.
    I agree 100%! ...well almost, a 'bendy' neck extension would be cool instead of simply a 'curved' neck extension.
    – No comment.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    This is a tough call for me, but to be honest I've never been a big fan of the old action feature simply because I hated having his body twisted just to have his nexk extended. So, I'm guessing I'd like it best if he had an interchangable head, one of which had an extended, bendable neck.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

mattel has already stated that he wouldnt get action features so....

i have to go with extra neck pieces. even if they did NOT state that i would go with attachments as i HATE action features. i liked his figure as a kid but HATED the fact i could get his neck to extend that much. extendar's gimmick worked much better.

and not i just hate gimmicks as they ruin the articulation. it is ONE of the few minor things i wish they would have left out in the 2002 series.

he'd need new interior mechanics and therefor a new sculpt. i would rather they used that money to produce a unique slupt for rio blast or any other character that needs tooling on the OUTSIDE of the figure instead.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!