Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mekaneck Discussion Thread

He should not. I am VERY excited about them including an extra long neck piece to attach though!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Also because of the torso articulation theres not enough room on a MOTUC torso allowing a neck to be inserted anyways, so even if the MOTUC figs did have action features he couldn`t have a neck that extends anyways I`m guessing.

I say that the neck should be interlocking segments (the more figures you buy, the longer his neck can be). You could easily "bend" them at each segment joint.

(Then he could strut around Etheria and Bow and the gang could have neck envy. I mean, the girls are always telling ol' Meckie that longer is better.)

I really don't mind either way - as long as I don't need to twist the torso to retract, which I always found to look really stupid in the showcase... I'm fine with snap-on (snap-in) parts - I'm also fine with some sort of lever-solution or 80s Extendar-style... However Mattel and the 4H prefer to handle the guy. Just don't make me twist his torso...!

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I understand the desire to have an extending/telescoping neck for good ol' Mek, but I am fine with the snap-on neck for him. I do hope he gets more than one extension.

If I played with my toys, then I'd most likely want him to have a pop-up neck, but sadly, I just don't play with them, which is a drag because I could have lots of fun with these new articulated figures. I do enjoy posing them & setting them up though.

Ah to be a kid again.

Also, what's the deal with the MYP toon making Mek's power out to be "lame?" As I watch the DVDs, I see several quotes where he's made fun of. Having telescopic vision & an extending neck is cool & has come in pretty handy. Everytime I'd be out on a mission & we used a periscope to look around or over objects, I always thought of Mek.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I'm not a fan of the twist action at all. I'd prefer 2 heads - a standard head and a head on the extended (and flexible) neck.

Yup, there you go. I like this idea.

Mekaneck should be able to extend his Head.....lose articulation.

With all this talk about Moss man and the flocking it got me thinking about Mekaneck.(My vote goes for fully flocked)
    I could care less if Mekaneck loses the waist articulation in Place of a Head that can go up and down.
    It would be really lame if they give us a bunch of Diff heads.
    Mekaneck has to be able to move his head and extend...if he can't I don't see the point.

Don't agree.
    I like the articulation and want to keep it for as many figs as possible.
    Not bothered at all with the various heads, and for Mek, various necks.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Articulation=good.

I'm curious to see how they design Mekaneck, since they'll presumably use them same torso they always do. The mechanical neck can't attach to the ball joint peg where the head goes; that would look ridiculous.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    The ab crunch articulation is pretty useless imo.
    To lose that ab to get a Mekaneck with an extendable neck would be totally awesome.
    It can just move in and out of a tube, a very simple "feature" that would make me happy.
    And added extra piece to make his neck like 6 inches tall would be amazing

Same thing with Tung Lashor, Ratlor, etc. Lose that ab crunch articulation.
    Some of the figures NEED action features to be really worth it imo

Besides without that ab crunch articulation we can have full plated armors as well
    Last edited by synthalus; September 30, 2009 at 12:08pm.

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Joy View Post
    Hmm, why not just two heads?
    Can't this just become the standard auto-reply in any thread about character sculpts? Saves someone the trouble of saying it, allows the rest of us to move on.
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    For someone like Mekaneck I can understand and be
    comfortable with either.

The difference with Mossman is you can't take off
    the flocking.

Mekaneck will always look like Mekaneck regardless
    of an action feature.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I believe it was covered last time. Mekaneck's neck is re-attachable. One of the action features that's going to be removed from the classic line to MOTUC line.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I had hoped for something like this in the 200x line, I'd love a bendable neck attachment that was at least 6" long. Maybe two or three, one around 3" and another 6" for some really awesome play-er...display poses.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No action feature. He would stand out in a line of figures with no action features. 2 heads, one regular and one extended (straight or bendable I don't care). Not one of the most interesting or useful guys in the original line. "Ooohhh! He-Man let me extend and have a look to see if I can spot the forces of Skeletor. Crap! They saw my head!" But, I'll still get him if for nothing else as cannon fodder for Skeletor.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    See...told ya. Again.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

In my oppinion I think Mekanec has to have an "exendable" Neck, even if it's not an action feature, I'm would do just fine if he had at least an extra head with an extended neck... I agree this is an adult collectors line, and the figures should not loose detail in order to have an action feature. I'm not going to play with them, like I did in the 80's, just want them to collect and display as I inttend to.

Cheers

Extra head with extended neck donīt care if it is an action feature at all.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have to agree. Extended head and keep the articulation. Mattel doesn't really have to do much work to make old Mekky. The body is already here, they just need to make a new armor, new heads, and the club.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    While logistically, I can understand why they don't want to do the classic extending neck for him, I can also understand how this wouldn't really work aesthetically for a figure to have this action feature. IIRC, for the old figure, you had to twist his waist to the side, so that his legs were facing the opposite direction from his torso. This would be rather awkward positioning and difficult to do and still give him the articulation the figures currently have. I can see a 2nd neck "stretched" working with him just fine.

This could also be done for figures like Rattlor, though I have to admit it was always kinda cool to push the button on his back and have his head strike out. I do hope the reconsider Stinkor though....stinking really isn't an action figure per se....
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I am really disappointed with BA He-Man and I will be extremely disappointed if Mekaneck doesn't have an extending neck. I know that mechanical action features are not in the budget and I was not expecting He-Man's torso to rotate automatically via a spring action or Mekaneck's neck to extend when his waist is twisted BUT they need to have a cylinder in the chest cavity that can be manually rotated in the case of BA He-Man and an extending neck (even if it needs to be pushed in and out of the torso manually). I don't play with my figures either but these features are a must imo. It's like saying to a Transformers collector that, since he doesn't play with his TFs they need not tranform. Hasbro can package a big truck with Optimus Prime in his robot mode and he can just replace the robot with the truck on his shelf when he wants to "transform" it....
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No action feature. He would stand out in a line of figures with no action features. 2 heads, one regular and one extended (straight or bendable I don't care). Not one of the most interesting or useful guys in the original line. "Ooohhh! He-Man let me extend and have a look to see if I can spot the forces of Skeletor. Crap! They saw my head!" But, I'll still get him if for nothing else as cannon fodder for Skeletor.
    Man, Mekaneck still gets no respect around here; I mean come on, this is the guy who defeated Count Marzo. Oh well, I guess I just like the underdogs.

I like old Mek and I'd be more than willing to lose the ab crunch to give him a neck we can pull up and push down.

However...I'm almost afraid to go down that path, because there are -very- few figures I'd be willing to lose any articulation with. Rattlor would be ok to lose it...and Extendor. That may just be it.

I have to echo some of the thoughts above and say the extended neck on a ball joint would look really silly.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Warrior
    I would love Meckaneck to have a flexible long neck that is easily attachable.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I have to echo some of the thoughts above and say the extended neck on a ball joint would look really silly.
    Not necessarilly. I think It could be done if the mechanic neck actually covered the ball joint until the beginning of his chest, what I mean is that the hole in the neck, that attatches to the ball-joint, could be placed inside the neck instead of being right in the begining. Got the picture?