Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mekaneck Discussion Thread

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    I don't care how they do it ... I just want a MOTUC version of Mek
    I loved him as a kid!

I personally would prefer a straight neck accessory for Mekaneck.

My only concern is that Mekaneck would possibly have some problems free standing, having to support his elongated neck and head when attached - I mean, he would be a bit top heavy.

I am sick of extra heads already. Having an extendable neck is part of the whole appeal. His armor won't allow for much movement anyway. The articulation that he loses with his abs, he gains with his neck. It doesn't have to be connected to his waist, simply lift and lower the head.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by mjturny23 View Post
    I would love Meckaneck to have a flexible long neck that is easily attachable.
    That's exactly what I want. And something with some length to it - 5 or 6".

The retractable neck never did anything for me. Great, he could see if there was any gum in He-Man's hair... Nice "power".

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I'm all about a seperate neck/head..... no need for "action features" here.

Anything beyond a few head lengths would be a distraction.

Why not have the standard head...and the extendable neck head.

It could still be an "action feature" with no new mold to the body...just have the actual neck telescope out (like the toy lightsabers). Then you could have the neck at any length and if you made it out of a rubbery material, you could have a little flexability in it.

I'm good with the swappable heads with different necks, hopefully bendable ones! Maybe they'll have some added, glued on sculpt ala Mer-man for Meck to fit with the ball joint neck.

My question is, how will his armor look with the ab-crunch? That may be the first figure where it could bother me (or Stinkor)...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Mekaneck

For Mekaneck, would people like it if he had multiple neck pieces you could add on to make his neck extended? Each peice could be the length of say the original neck, then you can add as many as you like to make his neck as long as you like. Maybe four sections a figure. Maybe some people would buy a few Mekanecks just to get extra neck pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Here's what I think of Mekaneck:
    Click here to see
    Poor Mekaneck.

I'd like Mekaneck to have multiple neck pieces that bend. It'd be cool to be able to stretch his neck for 6" or something.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

No bendies, please. Only straight up and down. He might be plastic, man, but he's not Plasticman!

I would say: give Mekanek 4 neck pieces. 2 would be non-bendable and 2 would would be bendable.

Hey, why not just double it and give him 8 pieces? whoa.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    XD very funny, I think the same.

4H said Mekaneck's neck would be like that, I only wish there were different sections, straight, to the side...
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I hope to see him coming with at least 2 necks... or even more if they can be added all together. I would love to see Mekaneck with a really long neck!

Elder Councilman
    So wait...I'm hearing people complain now that they want a fully flocked Moss Man, a Mekaneck with action feature, and a Battle Armor He-man with changing chest barrel, even if it limits articulation.

Gee guys, in that case, just buy some vintage MOTU or MOTU 200X figures!

The whole point of these new figures is (Trap)jaw-dropping sculpt and mindblowing articulation. I don't need action features; I don't play with my figures anymore...they go on my shelf to display, I take pictures of 'em and show the shots on Facebook, and just enjoy having them.

When I was in my late teens, I tried doing some Mortal Kombat-style fights with my MOTU...got boring really fast.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    So wait...I'm hearing people complain now that they want a fully flocked Moss Man, a Mekaneck with action feature, and a Battle Armor He-man with changing chest barrel, even if it limits articulation.

Gee guys, in that case, just buy some vintage MOTU or MOTU 200X figures!

The whole point of these new figures is (Trap)jaw-dropping sculpt and mindblowing articulation. I don't need action features; I don't play with my figures anymore...they go on my shelf to display, I take pictures of 'em and show the shots on Facebook, and just enjoy having them.
    Who is dealing with action feature?
    Changing the neck isn't and action figure IMO, it's just as an extra head.

I'm confident MAttel will do the right choice about Mekaneck.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post

I'm confident MAttel will do the right choice about Mekaneck.
    I agree with you and besides he is probably even done by now.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I truly want Mecaneck to have an neck that's able to extend itself !

However, I do realize that this feature won't be the same as the 80's one.

But a Mecaneck with a non-extendable neck is like a Moss Man without flocking, or a Webstor without a climbing action feature...

I'm not sure the 4 Horsemen are responsible for the action feature... I think they only sculpt the figure. So, I suppose that it's the guys from Mattel who will be in charge for whatever comes with Mecaneck. And this is not something that reassures me... Unlike some very optimistic (or utopian-friendly ?) fans here, as far as Mattel is concerned, I'm NOT confident at all !

We must make sure that Mecaneck comes with his extendable neck !

I just cannot believe we actually have to discuss such basic things as some flocking for Moss Man, or an extendable neck for Mecaneck... This definitely proves that there's a BIG problem with "the Firm".
    Last edited by Spectror; August 17, 2009 at 08:54am.

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Up and down, all around, U2 spyplane/watchman/scout, you never know, one day.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    NO STINK FOR STINKOR???

All they need to do is use a patchoulli air freshener about 1 inch square that you can slip into a slot on his armor....so you can choose - smell or no smell.

As for MekaNeck....as long as they don't make his neck extend with the waist twist - that always annoyed me about the old fig. I would prefer a bunch of two inch neck segments that you can chain together - so you can crank his neck way up if you want. Making them bendy somehow would make for some hilarious poses (snake his head over to stare up Teela's skirt, etc. haha)

Heroic Warrior

So, when are we getting Mekaneck?

I think it's funny that Mekaneck is the figure that Toyguru used as the example of how action features would be simulated, yet no word on his debut to the MOTUC line. When do you think we'll see him? Also, as a follow up question, how long would you like his 2nd head/neck to be? I hope that the neck could be separated in parts so he can have his neck at different lengths, but if it's one solid piece, I would like his neck to be at least 6-8" so that he can truly be the Heroic Human Periscope.

Heroic Warrior
    I want this figure more than any other figure. He has always been my favorite. I think what they should do is add 4-5 inch long piece that looks like his neck. almost like an extra head. Take the head off the figure, put it on the neck and put the neck on the figure in place of the head. this way it is not an action feature AND it will fit into the package next to the figure. I would think minimal tooling would be required (other than head, neck and armor).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I think it's funny that Mekaneck is the figure that Toyguru used as the example of how action features would be simulated, yet no word on his debut to the MOTUC line. When do you think we'll see him? Also, as a follow up question, how long would you like his 2nd head/neck to be? I hope that the neck could be separated in parts so he can have his neck at different lengths, but if it's one solid piece, I would like his neck to be at least 6-8" so that he can truly be the Heroic Human Periscope.
    He shared armor with Stinkor right? So maybe around then. or maybe the other way around.

As for the neck. I'm going on a limb here and it will be done one of 2 ways:
    Way #1--the chest is hallowed & slotted to manually raise and lower the neck/head

Way #2--The chest is hallowed out but he'll come with 3 different head/necks lengths (long, longer & longest) that are inserted like pegs