Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mekaneck Discussion Thread

He's one of the characters I'm a little apprehensive about. This has been spoken/debated/argued before, but I'm really not looking forward to a swap out neck.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I think this thread proves your statement wrong

Nah, masterenglish is awesome but a smaller extendable/retractable neck is what I'd like to see. I was never a big fan of the Mr. Fantastic hybrid 200x Mekky. Oh well. Until I hear something different from Toyguru, I assume that we will be getting the neck assortments.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Mekanek was one of my faves as a kid, but I'm not crazy about the ideas to replace his action feature. I think a telescoping neck is a point of articulation, like a bending elbow. We don't have to swap arms to change their positions, we shouldn't have to swap Mekaneck's neck out to extend it. Without an actual extendable neck, this figure will suck.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    He ranks lower than Orko And gwildor on my 'Want list' I truly dont want him.

In the 80's I loved my MOTUV Mekanek, but now I look at him and think hes stupid! (IMO)
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

While I really want a Mekaneck I'm happy for him to be put on the backburner for a while longer until Mattel decide to honour him with a built-in extendable neck instead of lame snap-on extensions.

I think the fans have supported this line enough that the 4H can spend time and money on designing a new torso and tooling for a hand activated (pull/push) periscope neck.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i'm looking forward for him to be released, and then for man-e-faces and ram-man, and i
    hope that the long waiting will be sweet in the end, with mattel giving them proper tooling for their peculiarity.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOLD your tongue! I SO want a mekaneck. He was in some of my fav flimation episodes so you can bet your grotesquely malformed upper torso that i want him.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Im looking forward to Mekaneck and Buzz-Off more than Man-E-Face or Ram-man. I always liked their little partnership in Disappearing Dragons. Cant wait for Kobra Khan to so I can reunite him with Webstor too.

Heroic Warrior
    In the Matrix, waiting for the machines to release a MOTUC Strongarm to my limbic system
    I stand corrected, I suppose there is some love out there for Mek. Hopefully they come up with something creative for the neck. BTW, anybody else ever think Mek was a bit of rip off of Plastic Man? Looking at his face, his glasses seem slightly reminiscent of PMs, and then obviously with the whole strechy neck thing....

I like Mekaneck. I've always been a fan of the underdog, especially characters with underrated abilities or no powers at all. Fisto and Clamp Champ are good examples of this.

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait for Mekaneck! I hope we can round out some of the core Masters with the upcoming releases: Mekaneck, Buzz-Off, Man-E-Faces, Ram Man.

I can't wait for mekky.
    bnl4life

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    considering the armour parts depend on who comes first so-far will there be any change to the armour depending on whether stinkor or mekaneck is the one its tooled for and plus will they make better feet? my he-man and man-at-arms have trouble standing with regular heads
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    i'm all for a mekaneck with add on neck pieces. i hated the way the vintage & 200x figures were... twisting his waist to extend his neck, which never looked long enough compared to the cartoon's neck (which was super long). plus he was stuck looking only one direction with his neck extended.... looked very stupid imo. A spring loaded neck like Rattlor's would have been better.

I'd be all over a mekaneck with snap on neck parts, as long as they are solid plastic & not rubbery like Mr. Fantastic's extensions. I'd like Extendar to be the same way... I don't want his extensions to be skinny like the vintage figure's were... they looked like crap imo.

if they make mekky with just the He-man body, then I'll have to paint in some tech details just like i did with my MAA. i liked his robotic 200x look, alot.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quite excited to get this guy!
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Court Magician WaitsForTheSummer's Avatar
    I'm all for extendable neck pieces. Especially if it means that if we buy multiple Mekaneck figures, collecting multiple extension pieces, that we can make his neck extra long! Could get a little pricey though.
    Have:
    1. Man-At-Arms MOC
    2. Trap-Jaw rerelease MOC
    3. Tons of DCUC
    4. He-Ro's Red Stoned Staff

Want:
    1. Pre-Eternia He-man w/ Etherian map
    2. He-Ro's Purple and Green Staffs

I want Mekaneck simply for his place in the mythos. He is a must-have because of that. But that doesn't mean I want him this year or even next. I'm fine with him being put off until 2012 or whenever. That said, I want him well before this line is canceled.

Also, I'm fine with various connecting neck pieces for his extending neck, cause more than likely he'll rarely be displayed with extended neck on my MOTUC shelves.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I, too, need Mek before my collection is complete. I agree w/ Bulkhide, Mek's place in the MOTU mythos is set in stone and he'll have a prominent spot in my display. I'd like him sooner rather than later, though. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the 4H have up their sleeves for his neck. I would like something in line with what masterenglish has done, just because, as it's been said, the old way of his extending neck should be retired along with the hyper anime style (ha!) and Mr. Fantastic's looks terrible. I don't want rubbery extensions, but something that has style and substance. Hopefully he makes the cut in 2011.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

I can't wait for Mekaneck! He is one of my favorites. A working, extend-and-retract neck would be preferred, but I will be happy with different neck pieces as well.

I want snap on neck pieces for Mekaneck so he can stare at Tytus (theoretically since I don't own one... by choice, not because I missed out.) face to face. An extending neck wouldn't allow me that.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I think if they need to be snap-on, they should be flexible, so he can twist and turn like 200x Mecky.

I'd kind of like 2-3 snap together neck pieces so one could determine his neck length, whatever floats your boat so to speak. Not necessarily bendy, that may be to heavy imo.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I'd say have two heads, one regular head the other a neck piece with a head on it. I think that making his extending neck the same material as King Hsss' snakes would be a good idea for those who want to pose him in different ways!!!

With the reveal of Snout Spout maybe Mekaneck isn't that far behind! An attachable bendy neck would be sweet.