Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51

Thread: Princess of Power knockoffs and bootlegs

  1. #26
    Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    3,440
    Darkpecter,

    I have that doll, and she comes with a cape, and a staff with a heart on top of it.

    If I'm not mistaken, there's also a blonde in white & gold with butterfly wings. A fellow .orger sent those two, along with the one Lady Angora has on her site to me one year for Christmas.

    Hope that helps, hon!
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

    - Lou Scheimer (1984)

    This is what its all about, folks.

  2. #27
    Mistress of Meteorbs rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Lincolnton, NC
    Posts
    3,672
    RK, Sometime, I would love to see your collection of knockoffs. I think the knockoffs are more interesting because there is so little really known about them. On a side note, glad to see you posting!!! Hope all is well!

    --rhea
    Last edited by rhea; March 21, 2010 at 07:50am.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

  3. #28
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Darkpecter,

    I have that doll, and she comes with a cape, and a staff with a heart on top of it.

    If I'm not mistaken, there's also a blonde in white & gold with butterfly wings. A fellow .orger sent those two, along with the one Lady Angora has on her site to me one year for Christmas.

    Hope that helps, hon!
    ~RK
    That's awesome, thanks for the info.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    RK, Sometime, I would love to see your collection of knockoffs. I think the knockoffs are more interesting because there is so little really known about them. On a side note, glad to see you posting!!! Hope all is well!

    --rhea
    I agree on all points! I find the knock-offs VERY fascinating and would LOVE to see pictures of more.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  4. #29
    Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    3,440
    Hey rhea! Good to see you're still here and posting!

    Well, some of my Golden Girls and Galaxie Girls are on darah's site. ...I have to find a lot of these girls.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

    - Lou Scheimer (1984)

    This is what its all about, folks.

  5. #30
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,861
    Posting these as a reference to collectors. (Feel free to steal them for your site...lol) I'm going to take pics of Amandla soon.

    P.S. That's how Butterfly Woman's hair was straight out of the package. Also the residue on her boobs is from the sticky tape that's on the reverse side of the pink suit. I guess that's supposed to ensure her top doesn't slip down....lol












    Hair pieces:
    http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...hairpieces.jpg

    Shield reverse side:
    http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...manshield2.jpg

  6. #31
    Mistress of Meteorbs rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Lincolnton, NC
    Posts
    3,672
    Funny thing, as long as I've had my Butterfly Woman, I've never had the nerve to pull her bathing suit off...I was always scared I would damage it!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

  7. #32
    queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Butler, KY
    Posts
    3,245
    Tallstar! these pics are amazing! thanks for posting... i may use them on my site, with credits to you, if you wouldn't mind!
    - LadyAngora

    She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi


  8. #33
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    That's awesome! Mine is in REAL bad shape. Nice to see a complete one!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  9. #34
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,861
    Glad you folks are digging 'em. LadyAngora, no need to credit me. Take whatever you want.

    Some sneak peek shots of Amandla from Olmec's 3-figure Butterfly Woman line. Her skin tone is different than Butterfly Woman's. It's lighter brown with almost a hint of gray to it (moreso in the face), if that makes sense. I did a flash and no flash comparison of their skin tones.

    One thing that is not showing up very well in my pictures, is the iridescent green-ish shimmer to the netting on both of them.






  10. #35
    queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Butler, KY
    Posts
    3,245
    those are so cool! thanks for the permission, Tallstar! i'll try to get them up on the site soon.
    - LadyAngora

    She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi


  11. #36
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Has anyone every seen Felina? I've never seen her online. Her beautiful face to creepy face reminds me of Mileena from Mortal Kombat!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  12. #37
    Court Magician Bigman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    58
    I'm a noob to this site but I have to say, http://www.darah.com/orig/ is AMAZING!
    This is the kind of stuff I could never just find by googling.

  13. #38
    queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Butler, KY
    Posts
    3,245
    @ Bigman: thank you! i'm glad my weird obsession with she-ra knock-offs is helpful to others! i'll be trying to update the Butterfly Woman section soon with Tallstar's pictures!
    - LadyAngora

    She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi


  14. #39
    Mistress of Meteorbs rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Lincolnton, NC
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    @ Bigman: thank you! i'm glad my weird obsession with she-ra knock-offs is helpful to others! i'll be trying to update the Butterfly Woman section soon with Tallstar's pictures!
    Not only is it helpful, but alot of the sections I treat like a holiday wishbook!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

  15. #40
    Heroic Fan ART Mod! JafariStew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    3,526
    These are cool to see, thanks for the post!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

    JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

    MOTUC RECORD


    NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

    "Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

  16. #41
    Fake Impostor Non-Fan pH6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Lapua, Finland
    Posts
    11,600

    What can you tell me about these yellow wings? Of course they might belong to a Big Bird or something, but I happened to get them with the PoP package today.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

  17. #42
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,861
    I recently got all four figures from the vintage Creata Goddess Of Wonder toy line, thanks to rhea pointing out the auction to me. Just wanted to share my excitement about 'em, because they all have their original cards (minus one) and look to be complete. (hoping I don't jinx myself...last time I got all excited over an eBay win the package went missing. )

    These are the pics that were used in the auction. I'm hoping to get some better ones up as soon as they arrive. *fingers crossed*

    What's interesting to me, is that besides the MOC "Purple Storm" figure on LadyAngora's site, I've never seen any of the others with their original cards or even the back of the "Purple Storm" card.

    I have the blue one loose and always assumed that her name was "Blue Star". But it's Starena. heheh

    Never knew there was a horse either. Not sure if that was ever produced. Does anyone know?

















    Last edited by Tallstar; November 24, 2012 at 01:16pm.

  18. #43
    Evil Warrior Machinitess's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    541
    Wow, these are so helpful. I have a ton of knockoffs--- but I knew what most of them were except Storm. Nice to know her name at last! Great pics, Tallstar.
    Signed by-- ME!

    ---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

  19. #44
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,006
    What is surprising me is the same font/typo used for the packagings than on the Princess of Power ones

  20. #45
    Mistress of Meteorbs rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Lincolnton, NC
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I recently got all four figures from the vintage Creata Goddess Of Wonder toy line, thanks to rhea pointing out the auction to me. Just wanted to share my excitement about 'em, because they all have their original cards (minus one) and look to be complete. (hoping I don't jinx myself...last time I got all excited over an eBay win the package went missing. )

    These are the pics that were used in the auction. I'm hoping to get some better ones up as soon as they arrive. *fingers crossed*

    What's interesting to me, is that besides the MOC "Purple Storm" figure on LadyAngora's site, I've never seen any of the others with their original cards or even the back of the "Purple Storm" card.

    I have the blue one loose and always assumed that her name was "Blue Star". But it's Starena. heheh

    Never knew there was a horse either. Not sure if that was ever produced. Does anyone know?
    Tally, one thing I did notice in that auction is that it seems to be a Spectra head on that Lyra body. Maybe it's their pics, but she should have hot pink hair. Congratulations, none-the-less!!!

    Once you recieve them, do you think yoiu could scan the card back? I would love to see the pictures in detail.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

  21. #46
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,861
    Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    Tally, one thing I did notice in that auction is that it seems to be a Spectra head on that Lyra body. Maybe it's their pics, but she should have hot pink hair. Congratulations, none-the-less!!!
    Oh! You may be right. The only thing that makes me second guess it though, is the shot of all the figures in the first pictures. Spectra looks like she has golden blonde hair and the other one looks different, almost white or very light pink. (possible fade?) Will be curious to see if she has the heart on her face.

    Once you recieve them, do you think yoiu could scan the card back? I would love to see the pictures in detail.
    Definitely!

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,374
    Wow. Those Goddess Wonder figures are crazy.

    She-Ra/Flutterina combo. Glimmer/Spinnerella combo. Frosta/Starla combo. And ... is the last one based on Queen Angella? Or maybe Bubble Power She-Ra?

  23. #48
    Heroic Fan ART Mod! JafariStew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    3,526
    AMAZING win Tallstar! I hope to see some up-close & personal pics of these when you receive them! Congrats!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

    JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

    MOTUC RECORD


    NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

    "Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

  24. #49
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,861
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    AMAZING win Tallstar! I hope to see some up-close & personal pics of these when you receive them! Congrats!
    Thanks, man. I will be sure to take tons of pics.

  25. #50
    queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Butler, KY
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Thanks, man. I will be sure to take tons of pics.
    oh wow! i can't wait to see better pictures! especially the back! yay! what a great win. hope the package arrives safely!
    - LadyAngora

    She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •