Thread: Is the sword showed at the NYCC16 a clue?

Is the sword showed at the NYCC16 a clue?

I saw the pictures, I saw the walktrough with Pixel Dan.
    And they said "it's not for Skeletor".
    Where I saw that sword?

Do you have a better picture?
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; February 15, 2016 at 07:21am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Now that all the vintage figures are done, don't let MOTUC die, keep buyin' the figures!
    2016 will be great!!!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Not sur about that. I think Skeletor used that kind of sword in the cartoon, isn't he ?

Widget
    Isn't that the sword which can be seen in on the cover of the Minicomic Collection?

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Orko Within View Post
    Isn't that the sword which can be seen in on the cover of the Minicomic Collection?
    From this angle of the photo... yeah looks like the "token sword" that artist Alcala would sometimes give in his art. For heroes or villains..

See the sword He-Man holds.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Orko Within View Post

http://i0.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-co...llection-1.jpg

I think you got it.
    A sideview shows the details and it matches this more than the Alcala artwork:
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I saw the pictures, I saw the walktrough with Pixel Dan.
    And they said "it's not for Skeletor".
    Where I saw that sword?
    http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/up...l-MOTU-056.jpg
    Do you have a better picture?
    It may not be specifically for skeletor himself , because the Horsemen are giving us Filmation accessories. He-Man came with the stone that was from Secret Of The Sword where Shadow weaver had both swords in it.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    A sideview shows the details and it matches this more than the Alcala artwork
    Both art images shown in this thread are by Alcala.

It's Skeletor's sword from the Alcala mini comics.

I don't really like that they are giving us non-Filmation accessories in the Filmation line.

I'm going to give this sword to my Alcala Skeletor.
    Filmation Skeletor is going to get the bone sword that came with Lizard Man.
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Both art images shown in this thread are by Alcala.
    My bad, I thought the cover was something different (Even though it looked the same), but it's definitely from that story.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

That Havoc Staff is unforgivably off model.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yes I have to agree, the havoc staff is too big and the ram skull isn't accurate.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I feel this thread is already cut in that mystery pretty solved as this is clearly the Alcala sword.

I think it's neat. I am going to also give it to my Alcala Skeletor and give the filmation orb topped Axe to Filmation Skeletor once I get him as Alcala Skelly has been wielding it.

Glad there are some knowledgeable fans who recognized this so quickly.

So on the Ask Matty section they say he doesn't come with this sword, despite being originally pictured with it when first shown?

I'm not getting Filmation Skeletor, but I want that sword for my Alcala Skeletor.

I hope this gets straightened out soon. Until watching the walkthrough and seeing felgekarp's post, I just assumed it was coming with Filmation Skeletor.
    Now I'm just confused....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    That Havoc Staff is unforgivably off model.
    Agreed, it's way too dumbed down. It's much more detailed and realistic in the cartoon than this. I get that this is an animated style line. But, make it accurate to the animation. It should look as close as possible.

filmskelly.jpg

Skelly is also clearly bummed about this!

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    So on the Ask Matty section they say he doesn't come with this sword, despite being originally pictured with it when first shown?
    NoOooOooOooOooOOo!!!! I really wanted that sword! Hopefully it actually comes with him and they're just confused.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

That sword was shown with Skeletor at SDCC as well as pics from the 4 Horsemen's page.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Heroic Warrior
    I am more concerned at Skeletor's face placement. They've shoved it up too high on the production model leaving that weird gap at the bottom. The prototype didn't have that. It's Skeletor's version of the He-Wig, but I don't know if this one can be fixed with a hair dryer?

The inside of the hood needs to be painted black.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by k701 View Post
    I am more concerned at Skeletor's face placement. They've shoved it up too high on the production model leaving that weird gap at the bottom. The prototype didn't have that. It's Skeletor's version of the He-Wig, but I don't know if this one can be fixed with a hair dryer?
    Yeah it is up too high. The way the faces attach inside the hood doesn't lend itself to a simple hair dryer re-placement. But it's also not a difficult fix by any means.