Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skeletor needs undead Skeleton soldiers

I think this photo might just be the coolest photo I've ever seen...

Can I make it my desktop wallpaper.... I think I will.. Skeletons rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    Those look awesome. I too would like to know what they are.
    They are the BAFs from the Hellboy Animated series 1 bust ups line (as mentioned by King Kahn earlier in this thread). Buy all 5 to build one skeleton.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 13, 2009 at 06:41pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    They are the BAFs from the Hellboy Animated series 1 bust ups line (as mentioned by King Kahn earlier in this thread). Buy all 5 to build one skeleton.
    Oops, I completely missed that.

Argh. They just had to come from a line where I don't want any of the figures!

Yeah, I don't want any of those bustups either. I wish they'd just release it single-carded. I bet the sales of that one figure would easily eclipse the rest of that line.

And It would go nicely with my Castlevania figures too.

joeybones-thanks for the compliment. go ahead and make it your wallpaper. i have the hi res 8 megapixel shot if you want it haha.

rocketpunch- they DO go well with the castlevania figs. i dont have them but my friend a few offices down has them and they look great

these are really a hidden gem of a toy. the set of 5 usually run you about 30 but they can be found at cons pretty cheap. SOOOO worth it if you find them. even if you dont want the bust ups that come with them you can give them away as gifts and keep the skeleton.

it is by far the best skeleton figure EVER!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    They had some great skeletons for the pirates of the caribbean (NECA) line as well, that could be customized.
    There was also a great skeleton that came with a Freddy Krueger figure a while back. there's skeleton toys out there, some of them just might not fit into motu though, but they are out there. there was a whole toyline of skeleton figures back in the 90's, can't remember the name of it though. some of those were cool.

for MOTU, i'd much prefer something that was actually on the tv series though, like those robots he had in a few eps. too bad they can't make anything from filmation... what a shame, given that the filmation series is what made motu famous. Or even that mutant skeleton from the 200x series, maybe...I'm not much into buying the same figure over & over again.

to me an army of skeletons for skeletor to control seems very cliche. I always thought his warriors were his army. If he has an army of undead skeletons at his disposal, then what's he need his regular warriors for?

cool idea, but skeletons are more fitting for Army of Darkness. i can't help but look at those pics and think Ash should be there with his chainsaw instead of He-man. skeletor would really have to be desperate to send a bunch of skeletons after the most powerful man in the universe. I think his regular minions would be more of a challenge than that. He-man would just laugh in his face....

those skeleton toys sure look damn cool though. too bad you have get a whole wave of animated hellboy things just to get one skeleton though. kind of lame imo.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    They had some great skeletons for the pirates of the caribbean (NECA) line as well, that could be customized.
    There was also a great skeleton that came with a Freddy Krueger figure a while back. there's skeleton toys out there, some of them just might not fit into motu though, but they are out there. there was a whole toyline of skeleton figures back in the 90's, can't remember the name of it though.

those skeleton toys sure look damn cool though. too bad you have get a whole wave of animated hellboy things just to get one skeleton though. kind of lame imo.
    the name of the line was "skeleton warriors" i loved that line.they had a cartoon which was pretty cool and had a good story as well.

yeah it is lame i guess if you want JUST the skeleton but the bust ups are awesome and i am a hellboy nut. plus i got a couple set of them for around 15 buck so easy cheap way to army build some multi purpose skeletons

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like the Skelcons too, but the depends who owns the right now. They were cool. I'd also like the bone warriors from MYP.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    BEHOLD!!!! the skeleton warriors of skeletor...ATTACK!!!
    Why'd you take this pic down? It's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    the name of the line was "skeleton warriors" i loved that line.they had a cartoon which was pretty cool and had a good story as well.

yeah it is lame i guess if you want JUST the skeleton but the bust ups are awesome and i am a hellboy nut. plus i got a couple set of them for around 15 buck so easy cheap way to army build some multi purpose skeletons
    Based on your recommendation and the pics in this thread I decided to buy the Hellboy skeleton. And it was definitely worth it, it's an excellent figure. Thanks Kahn.

[QUOTE=Dead Man Walking;2042429]Why'd you take this pic down? It's hilarious!

ha i didnt realize i did. yeah i thought it was "what would happen if you tried to turn into he-man using lightning in REAL life" haha and beast man got too close

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Based on your recommendation and the pics in this thread I decided to buy the Hellboy skeleton. And it was definitely worth it, it's an excellent figure. Thanks Kahn.
    i am glad you like it as much as i do!

this reminds me i now need pics with skeletor and his bone warriors as well

man, I just got some of these based on this post...these things are awesome! thanks for turning me on to them!

BTW , do you recall which figure includes the skull piece? I opened them so fast I don't remember.....

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I do believe that if we want guards, army builders etc. we'll have to buy them from other lines (like these BAF skeletons from the Hellboy line) or to "custom make" them.

I remember that topic had already been addressed with the 200X line. But Mattel NEVER made any guards or army builders (except if you consider the numerous He-Man of the 200X line as "army builders" )

Emiliano proposed such a thing for the Horde Troopers in another part of the forum, though.

But this would bring back the variants and repaints nightmare.

Anyway, I prefer getting the "single" heroes and villains rather than army builders... There are already so many characters to go through (MOTU, POP, NA characters) !

Quote Originally Posted by zovex View Post
    man, I just got some of these based on this post...these things are awesome! thanks for turning me on to them!

BTW , do you recall which figure includes the skull piece? I opened them so fast I don't remember.....

yeah i forgot as well. i will have to figure out and see if i can remember.

you are from TN! awesome. i live in Nashville.

Heroic Warrior
    I've always wanted skeleton warriors.

I remember saying it years ago on a thread much like this.

The skeleton warriors from the movie Army of Darkness are a perfect example of what i'd like to see.

Darth Bong

This is the one I use for all my gnarly skeleton needs, plus he comes with two swords with sheaths
    God I hate Stratos.

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^ I have that figure, and while the sculpt, paint, and weapons are top notch, the arm joints are super brittle and the figure cannot stand on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I know we all want big names before we get into army building and everything, but I want this to be something they definitely incorporate in any new entertainment (and accompanying toyline) Skeletor needs cannon fodder. the robots knights as it stands are out of the question, but SKeleton troops aren't.

In fact they could write a great story about Skeletor's ability to control bones of warriors long dead etc. they are taking the time to do bios to possibly unite all canon's so on top of that they need to make it DEEP.

I was thinking the same thing as you were. I have always imagined Skelator full power potential was as a Necromancer, bringing to life Warriors long dead. I could see Skelator decreeing all across the dark Hemisphere for all the warlords to bring the corpses of their dead warriors and to leave them at the foot of snake mtn, and whenever he needed to raise an army, he had the means to do so. That is what an overlord of evil would do in my Eternia. Anyway here's a couple of examples of how they could do some of these Bone warriors. They could totally reuse Scareglows head, and reuse the skirt thing from Skelator.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...7bCchZzSLajb8i

As long as they include Skelcon heads for the Ladybird UK soldiers, I'm in.

Skelcon additional heads would be awesome.

The bone warriors never did much to me. I'd prefer a Hoover Bots multi-pack now that Filmation is possible.

HD figures on youtube
    I'd buy these in a minute! Those look awesome facet!

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post

I was thinking the same thing as you were. I have always imagined Skelator full power potential was as a Necromancer, bringing to life Warriors long dead. I could see Skelator decreeing all across the dark Hemisphere for all the warlords to bring the corpses of their dead warriors and to leave them at the foot of snake mtn, and whenever he needed to raise an army, he had the means to do so. That is what an overlord of evil would do in my Eternia. Anyway here's a couple of examples of how they could do some of these Bone warriors. They could totally reuse Scareglows head, and reuse the skirt thing from Skelator.
    I always like seeing those MVC Skeleton Warriors.

Those are a necessity for my collection. For some time I figured the torso could be clear plastic with a spine in it to create the illusion of having nothing there, but with Matty's track record of flubbing translucent/clear plastic, I'd rather they cheap out and take a more Scare Glow style tactic for the spine/upper limbs.

Like you, I'm fine with some parts re-usage (As mentioned Skeletors loin piece, Carnivus' boots would also work, etc.) on them and I'm sure the 4H can come up with a very cool sculpt without breaking the tooling bank.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; February 29, 2012 at 06:40pm.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

A million times yes!!!

Skeleton Warriors rank very high on my MOTUC most-wanted list. I would probably buy any army-builder pack, but I would definitely buy multiple sets of Skeleton Warriors. I don't even care which version they make. I just need a full battalion of skeletons for Clawful to lead during the Second Ultimate Batttleground. Must have several!

Heroic Warrior
    I won't buy such figures, my Evil Warriors only need some hover robots, no other army...