Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-Bot in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm not a fan because it is the cartoon version, I really like Earl Norem's take on it and think the colors look WAY better than the toy. I really dont think we'll get the original toy version in this line with as much tooling as it would take, but if so, great....Filmation colors though
    Actually, I think that ToyGuru (or whoever answered that question) either didn't look or didn't realize that poster is a Filmation promo. Since he's said in the past we can't get Filmation-colored Hordak (who's in that poster), and they're not doing a Filmation-styled Grizzlor (also in the poster), one wonders if they can do that Modulok design without "toeing the line" as they have described it before.

I like the Filmation AND the Toy version of Modulock. In all honesty I will be happy to see him made. I hope he has his toy Gimick, but I won't be too crushed if he doesn't. I just want to see him in MOTUC
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    THe line is called "classics" for a reason. Modulok was one of my favorite figures as a kid. I had two of them because I lost about half the parts in one and my mom was nice enough to buy me another after I helped paint the house one summer.

I never got Multi-bot which I regret.

If (and hopefully when) Modulok gets made, he does have to come parts to mix and match. This was a defining feature in him and Mattel has already done replaceable limbs with some MOTU and DC figures.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I like the Filmation Modulok. The toy version reminds me a Lego.

looks better with clothes on, lol
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I don't care which version we get. I just hope that the 4HM make his joints a bit more seamless - especially that neck piece that fits both heads.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    THe line is called "classics" for a reason. Modulok was one of my favorite figures as a kid. I had two of them because I lost about half the parts in one and my mom was nice enough to buy me another after I helped paint the house one summer.

I never got Multi-bot which I regret.

If (and hopefully when) Modulok gets made, he does have to come parts to mix and match. This was a defining feature in him and Mattel has already done replaceable limbs with some MOTU and DC figures.
    I just wanted to point out the Classics figures don't have the same neck joint as the shoulder joint, which the vintage Modulok did. That's going to cause issues somewhere if they maintain that ability.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I just wanted to point out the Classics figures don't have the same neck joint as the shoulder joint, which the vintage Modulok did. That's going to cause issues somewhere if they maintain that ability.
    Unless they put something in between, or had the double arm join sections different to the double head. Maybe Modulok should be unique in that only his heads can interchange with arms, legs, hips etc.. just as only the original toy could.

That filmation Modulok always erked me because I always imagined Modulok to be organic and not robotic.

Did anyone else feel that the 2nd head with green eyes on the toy looked sad, almost as if he really did not want to be part of Modulok...? Only MOTU toys can capture those subtleties.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope, he has interchangable Parts, it would guarantee multiple sales...

Modulok extrahead????

I found this Modulok pic and I wonder if this will be his extrahead in MOTUC? In the cartoon he is planning to take Robotos mind to his "extrahead"

I'm sure he'll have both heads seen here just like the original toy did.

I'm I miss understanding the question?

All I have to say is "SDCC 2011"
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

It's not an extra head, it's his mandatory second head.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Ya Modulok came with two those two heads so I'm sure he'll come with them as a MOTUC figure. I hope they release him to fit in better with the other figures this time. I'd like to see him with the standard figure buck if that's possible, plus the additional parts. Oh, and I think he would be a great SDCC reveal which we would have to likely wait until August to get.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Modulok will surely come with both those heads, for his vintage version had them, too.

Yah, of course he needs both of his vintage heads.

Modulok is a figure I'm very interested to see how the 4H handle him. Personally I'm hoping for more body parts and more seamless connector parts. And I agree, both heads are necessary!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    They really have to update all 22 original parts if you ask me and each arm and leg should have articulation in the knees and elbows for more crazy poses. Mantenna should also definately come with 4 seperate legs.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I really dont think we'll get the original toy version in this line with as much tooling as it would take, but if so, great....Filmation colors though
    That's a MUST in my opinion. I wouldn't mind if they would sell him as a beast and ask $30,-.
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; November 2, 2010 at 11:00am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mattel has the door open for Modulok now. He could easily qualify as an oversize figure because he would require more parts than the average figure. He will have to be a unique sculpt. There's no avoiding that.

The question Matty has to think about is: Will Modulok sell? The answer is yes. He will sell out rather quickly. He's one of the main Horde guys. I'll even get another set to create some of my childhood toys.

This one will be very interesting. (Both of them, actually: Modulok and Multi-Bot.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    All I have to say is "SDCC 2011"
    I think everyone should be reading into this

I know I am going to have a lot of fun mixing and matching Modulok and Multibot
    Last edited by TheFallen; December 18, 2010 at 08:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I think everyone should be reading into this
    Seriously. BCRDuke seems to have an inside line on this, uh, line. Go through his past posts and he's accurately predicted a lot of stuff before it was revealed. If he says "SDCC 2011" I'm inclined to believe that plans as they stand now are to reveal a Modulok at SAN DIEGO 2011.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

I can only hope. Like I mentioned before, he's one of my most favorite figures and the Horde do need their army. I think Mattel has to make peace with the fact that each Horde member is practically a unique sculpt. Mantenna is going to be a challenge.

If either Modulok or Mantenna appear at SDCC then there is hope for the entire Horde to appear. I myself can't wait to see Dragstor.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I like Emiliano's take on Modulok. Great belnd of Filmation and the vintage toy.

Of course, the detail would have to be toned down quite a bit, but I think this is the greatest Modulok yet!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

That is such a cool take on Modulok.

Certainly a BEAST indeed.

Any chance he could try Multi-Bot same style cartoon colours?