Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-Bot in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior

Multi-Bot in MOTUC

MOD NOTE:
    Modulok announced at SDCC 2013! So this will be left here for Multibot.

Two questions here - first do you think that Modulok and Multi-Bot will be like their predeccor - able to pull to pieces?

The 2nd question is should they come with removable plug in horde insignia. I could never understand why they never had the Horde symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    Two questions here - first do you think that Modulok and Multi-Bot will be like their predeccor - able to pull to pieces?

The 2nd question is should they come with removable plug in horde insignia. I could never understand why they never had the Horde symbol.
    Please let Modulok be the first Horde Figure, i wait for that beast since 1988!

Man would I love an updated Modulock. And he would have to be pull apart, that's what was so fun about him.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Modulok and Multibot would make excellent BAFs! As for the questions…yes they should be pull apart and yes they should both have the Horde insignia.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Yeh, modulok & multibot would be awesome to see updated. Probably won't be the first Horde figures though. I'm sure they'll do Hordak & the others first.

As far as them having the horde symbol, i think they should stick closely to the original designs. modulok wasn't originally part of the horde (in the storyline, at least), he joined up later; & multibot was his creation so he belonged to modulok not the horde. That's the only reason I can come up with for why they didn't have the horde symbol.
    The same could said for kobra khan & blast attak. They're part of the snake men, but don't have the snakemen symbol.

but, yeah, the modulok & multibot figures should be able to come apart & rearrange (or combine) like the original figures. I'd love to see both of them back, & with the added articulation of the MOTUC, they'd be even more poseable than ever! The only other thing I'd change with those two would be to bulk them up a bit so they don't look so scrawny next to the other figures.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I do very much hope so!

Please, PLEASE NOT!! They never had one, never needed one and hopefully won't get to have one as far as I am concerned. But that's just my opinion...

Modulok is my favourite MotU-figure! I'm so looking forward to get him - not any time soon though I suppose...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Modulok is my favorite as well. Unfortunately, from the latest Q & A- it sounds like he might be a long way off (he and Multi-bot would probably require a lot of retooling/ new sculpts). *sigh* Which is a shame- seeing as how the two of them haven't been revamped in any form yet for a long while.

For some reason it seems like I remember seeing a prototype image or drawing of a 200X MOTU toy that was called Multi-bot (not produced of course)- but it was totally different from the original toy/ wasn't a character really- seemed more like a hodgepodge of weapons that could be assembled together as a toy or disassembled for use by other characters. Does anyone else remember seeing this printed somewhere?

*amended note: ahh- found a pic of the Multi-bot... thing. Looked more like a rendering in a computer program, with an early prototype as well. looked nothing like the original- but am glad I wasn't imagining things.
    Last edited by River; January 16, 2009 at 11:40pm. Reason: add note

Modulok and Multi-Bot would be awesome, I can see these figures as BAF sets.

I would like to see both, but I am sure that they are only going to show up further down the line. I do't particularly care if they don't have a Horde symbol on their bodies. Whether they're with Hordak or not, they don't need tagging. Skeletor's goons didn't wear badges or anything, and Modulok seems to like going his own way at times.
    I do like the idea of them being Build-A-Figures. Perhaps they could make them available that way first, and then sell a box-o-parts later at Matty.com for anyone who missed out.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    For Multibot I would like the original design (who's told Filmation?)

For Modulok I would a muscle-pumped body, not like a bug
    Last edited by AlessandraF; January 17, 2009 at 06:30am.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

I don't think the line will last long enough to see these 2. Due to them being at least 2nd tier characters, if not 3rd

I could live without Multi-Bot.

If we get Modulok, I think we are more likely to get this

Maybe with his second head?

Not this

I don't know if the Filmation thing will be an issue but that is my feeling on the whole thing

We already know they'll be based on the vintage toys. Filmation is off limits.

They've got to be pull-apart though. I want to be able to buy loads of them and build a giant Mega-Beast, just like in the old days.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 17, 2009 at 06:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    I don't think the line will last long enough to see these 2.

If the line keeps selling out, I can't see what more we can do!
    As long as we're buying, they're gonna produce them ...
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Modulok is one of my favourite MOTU characters, and I'd love to see him as a MOTUC. Imagine if the new pieces fitted with the80's pieces, how cool that would be.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind a figure version of Modulok either. Maybe we could get that, and packed him with him are the first few parts of a build a Modulok, and the next parts come with the next Horde figure!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    I think Modulok should have a horde symbol.

one like Grizzlor's armor, that just straps on.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind if he came with a symbol, but I can live without it as well.

Thing is tho, with Modulok, who's such a complex character with many parts, it might be a good idea to focus on getting as many parts as possible, and there I see a problem with an extra part in the form of a symbol. It would be taking the place of another "Modul", y'know.

I think Modulok here is actually one of the characters I'm thinking about buying, so I hope they do him right. But also, that they somehow find a way to sell him at the same price as a regular figure. Heh heh, the last part is a bit unrealistic, I know.

Modulok and Multibot having seperate pieces is a must and should be compatable with the other figures interchangeable heads. Modulok can then have Man-At-Arms head! Mattel could even kill two birds with one stone and relase them both together as the Megabeast!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I loved my Modulok as a kid.. wish I still had him. One way to do a Build a Figure of him would be to include parts of him with Horde Figures.. much like they have done with comic action figures. So for example if you buy Hordak, you could get a set of limbs with him for Modulok. All of which could be added or swaped onto a Modulok figure that is offered on the Matty site.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I've always been a fan of Filmation's Modulok. I prefer that design over the two headed insectoid figure. I hope MOTUC can capture both designs and come up with something that will please everybody.

I liked how Filmation used Modulok's extra head as an empty robotic head.
    Modulok wanted Man-at-arms' brain to put in that head so he could become the greatest mind in all of Eternia
    After all two heads are better than one. LOL

Now how cool is that!?

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    If they do make Modulok (which they'd better), I'd want him to be able to be pulled apart so he can keep his title of "Evil Beast with 1000 bodies" also so I can make him look like he did in the Filmation cartoon. For me that's "My" definitive Modulok.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd quite like the colours the cartoon version had.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!

MOTUClassics MODULOK! They started making him already...

Just looking at the pics from the NYCC and I noticed the DCU Parademon's legs! They're the same as the ones on the classic Modulok's legs!

Could it be...? It begins...
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

At least it's fun to think like that

Last edited by Tuukka; February 17, 2009 at 11:34pm.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I can only dream....
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Heroic Warrior
    I thought the same thing when I saw that pic too! Would be a slick way to built the "parts library...."