Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-Bot in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Very nice! We need the tail thingy, filmation or not. Made the figure stand out even more not counting the "limbs". If the figure is made like the others it wouldn't appeal to me and so I wouldn't buy it. If it's a budgetary thing, don't update Buzz off and Clawful to please the 200x fans since they're supposed to be classic, spend the money on "exclusive" figs like Mudolok.
    WTB:
    SDCC Battle Armor Faker

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar

Best way to do Modulok

Okay, so I'm guessing we'll never see a Classics Modulok, but here's how he could be done as easily for Mattel as possible, in my mind.

Release Modulok as a fairly basic figure, using the basic buck but with all the joints using whatever pop-off mechanism they're using for Trapjaw. Include the second head, split-peg neck, and a belt and chest plate with pegs to accept other limbs.
    Then, release a limb with every other figure that year. So Modulok is a basic stand-alone figure, using the basic buck with skeletor feet and arms, making him easy to do. Plus, tossing one limb in per figure for the year gives you 11 other bits.

Just an idea. Modulok is another figure MIA from 200x, and my second dream character after Extendar (MAKE EXTENDAR!!)

I'd love to see other ideas.

We´ll get each Character till 2016, i hope we get Modulok much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    We´ll get each Character till 2016, i hope we get Modulok much earlier.
    I know they said they have it planned out that far, but realistically I don't see the line lasting that long. Lord knows I'd love it if it did, but as other threads have discussed, people with POP and NA hatred will eventually get burnt out and sales will go down as those figures go up in the offerings.

And since a two-week sellout is utter failure to Mattel (slight exaggeration), once the numbers dip we'll see the line go bye bye.

Maybe then we'll have to settle for commemorative He-Man CARS figures.

I think Mattel will release characters such as Modulok and Multi-Bot in another fashion, as a Bonus Item. Try to be optimistic!

While the same may not be true (or as true, at least) for NA, POP has plenty of fans who did not care for MOTU. I know I will be getting a few of the POP characters for my soon-to-be-sis-in-law as she was a big fan back in the hey-day.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Okay, so I'm guessing we'll never see a Classics Modulok.
    Beware of such blasphamy, boy,
    you're jinxing our chances.
    Of course we'll se a Modulok..!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    While the same may not be true (or as true, at least) for NA, POP has plenty of fans who did not care for MOTU. I know I will be getting a few of the POP characters for my soon-to-be-sis-in-law as she was a big fan back in the hey-day.
    I hope that's the case. I'm on board for every character that's made from all iterations of the MOTU mythos, though I may pass on new costumes on old characters, and I hope they make new figs till the crack of doom.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Beware of such blasphemy, boy,
    you're jinxing our chances.
    Of course we'll see a Modulok..!
    What my cohort in evil is saying is "Who says we won't see a MOTUC Modulok"? Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side. We villains have a nasty habit of showing up when we are least expected.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Widget
    Best way to do Modulok?
    In pieces.

Teacher of Madness has the right idea in as much as whatever they are using to allow arm replacement for Trap-Jaw is really all we need for Modulok. The "build a figure" pack in peice thing is not gonna happen but it shall be better!

Modulock, and all (most ((many?)) ) of his peices will be a Large Beast figure. Sure? why not? Easy. We know peice swaps are evidentally already figured out (trap jaw) and that a bigger figure is already done (battle cat) and I can hear people saying already
    "But Modulok isnt a large beast, that's Swift wind, ect." to wich I say....Isn't he? In This LIne, wouldnt it work?

So we already know how it could work as far as I'm concerned, and I belive we already know how he'd be released.

Picture that Battle Cat box with a fully completed Modulok and some peices displayed at the bottom....a "box" like his old figure was packaged not in a typical Masters figure box anyway... oh yeah, he's a "Large Beast" especially using the current MOTUC scale, and his design.

Incedentally Sagitaur from NA is a "Large Beast" eventually as well. I think people take "beast" to literally.

Think about it...

Heroic Warrior
    I want the complete version. I would pay the "large Beast" price for him.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    The "build a figure" pack in peice thing is not gonna happen but it shall be better!
    Why are they so against BAF in this line I wonder? I know they've said a few times that they aren't going to do it for Tytus and Megator but it would make sense. I think it would only help sales along of the regular figures and they have the knowhow to do it. As others have said you can modify the Atom Smasher body for both big guys.

As far as a deluxe figure for Modulok, I see Battle Cat, Panthor, Clawdeen, Swift Wind, Stridor, Tytus and Megator, all in Mattel's sights before Modulok, I don't even remember a mention of him before now really so I hope we get some inkling of what's up sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Monkey View Post
    Exactly my words. And I will definitely buy two Modulok figures - so I can really build "large beast". The same goes for Multi-Bot.

Why are they so against BAF in this line I wonder? I know they've said a few times that they aren't going to do it for Tytus and Megator but it would make sense. I think it would only help sales along of the regular figures and they have the knowhow to do it. As others have said you can modify the Atom Smasher body for both big guys.
    One figure per month. The average BAF is spread out in 5-6 pieces. So it would take 5-6 months to assemble a BAF.
    BAF Pieces reduce the amount of accessories per fig. (Battle Armor He-Man lost his Power Sword and HE has no BAF piece. So imagine if he did... No AXE either.)
    The quick sell outs and BAFs do not mix well...

If the line was inbrick and mortar stores then a BAF wouldn't be a bad idea to move "potential peg warmers" like Zodak and the Goddess
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Yes, treat him as a Large Beast, and that's all.

The question is, shoul he be skinnier than the other males (as he was in the past) o just use the same male buck and arms and legs?

I would rather get the former, but I won't care if we get the latter in case the dilemma is to get that version or no Modulok at all.

Modulok is a no brainer for an army builder. Ditto with Multibot. A large beast version of either would work. I'd prefer that he keep the same male buck (and not a thinner version) than the other figs to save costs.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Monkey View Post
    here here! teacher's idea is a good one but i'd rather not have to buy figures i don't want just to complete modulok. i'll happily shell out the extra $10 to get all of his pieces in one box.

I hope in a versions in pieces, such as the vintage! And in a different packaging respect to the other AF!

Body parts that match the typical male buck size would be aces...admittedly it'd look funny to my eyes since Modulok was always so "spindly" in the old toy (ignoring his "normal" size in the Filmation cartoon compared to the others) but just imagine how impressive he'd be!

So yeah, a big ole delux box, comming out in a year or two.

OR....gasp...I think many of us are already assuming, contrary of the company protesting, that Filmation specific characters are going to happen. It's almost a forgone conclusion to many of us. For whatever reason, (let's say because line is doing so INSANE GREAT, they pay for rights, ect, whatever...anything can happen in time) point is....

Maybe they'd make a Regular month figure out of the Filmation Modulock, in addition to the Motu version? IT would seem even if they could make Filmation, they'd make the TOY version first anyway, to follow the Classics toy focus theme, but... am I alone to belive a Filmation Modulok as well?...just on the real crazy outside? Of course normal modular one probably first..but...hmmmn.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

How to make a motuc modulok with existing parts

I want to see a Modulok in MOTUC. Is one of my favourite figures and is not difficult to develop it reusing parts. In this way we can hace a Modulok in scale with other MOTUC figures and in the same style.

Some new sculpt can be reused in future figures.

NUDE FOREARM - Can be reused in Barbarian He-man or in Prince Adam.
    CLAWFUL LEGS - Also are shared with Whiplash and Buzz-Off.

If a regular figure like Trapjaw have 2 heads, 2 arms and a lot of accesories for 20$ this can be extended to a Modulok figure. Battlecat is all new sculpt and only costs 30$, so I don´t mind to pay more money for Modulok with a lot of reused parts.

TRAP JAW will have 12 "parts" (4 limbs + 1 extra, 1 torso, 2 heads, 3 weapons, 1 belt)

MODULOK only needs 10 more to be completed and 5 of it are only "connectors pieces". Add a 2 pieces gun and all is ok.

Do u like the idea of a MODULOK of reused parts as I proposed?
    Any other suggestions on how reuse parts are welcome.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    Not bad. It would be cool if every figure released in a year had some Modulok parts as the bonus accessory. It would be like the ultimate C-n-C. Then the following year, do the same thing with Multi-Bot.

@ Snake Hunter: The idea IS good, but I believe that it would require a bit more new tooling/sculpt than suggested.
    The Torso would have to be completely new.
    The upper part of the Torso would need to be new so it can use the split end piece for the two heads. (This new upper Torso COULD be used for Mekaneck since attaching a mechanical neck to an existing neck would look stupid.)
    The Lower Torso would have to be new to use the parts changing of the NEW Modulok crotch.

I'd pay a bit more than a normal figure for a MOTUC Modulok...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'm totally agree with you ! Great Idea ! I would love a MODULOK
    I think it will be made someday.... we just have to be patient

I know this may seem impertinent and greedy but I for one do not want to see Modulok (or for that matter Ram-Man, Extendar, Two-Bad, Horde Troopers or any other such figure) cobbled together from re-use parts when originally he was made from unique sculpts. Why should we let Mattel even think they can get away with this?

I don't mind re-use parts (and saving money) for figures that had them before and where it makes sense, but to suggest vintage characters need to be reconsidered to fit in with the new standard buck is just wrong. Personally I don't want 2nd heads or extra weapons if my MOTUC Modulok has He-Man's arms and Trap-Jaws legs.

Nothing against your well meaning suggestions Snake Hunter, I respect you are trying to help, but IMO this is the wrong direction for Mattel to take.

They have the legendary 4H working on designing these figures - allow them to work their magic!

Let's have enough confidence in fan support of the line that we can financially support new and unique sculpts for those figures who had them originally and for whom unique sculpts still make the most sense in representing the essence of the character.

I would rather pay $40 for Modulok than have him b@$#@^d!$*d with a few cheap re-use parts.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; December 31, 2009 at 08:58pm.

You have a lot of great ideas there, and if it came down to either having Modulok this way or never at all, I would be OK with this. However, I do hope that Modulok (and Multi-Bot) get released with more dedication involved. I would gladly pay $25 to $30 to get these two done correctly!

Great work, though, Snake Hunter!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!