Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-Bot in MOTUC

A big fan of Slush Head
    I know I am probably in the minority here but I've always prefered the Filmation version of Modulok over the toy. I think that version is easier and less expensive to make. He can come with the two heads and a special tooled peg to place both of them into the same neck.

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

It is not a bad idea...

Nonetheless, I would rather get a more elaborated Modulock even if that translates to increasing the amount of money we have to pay to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I know I am probably in the minority here but I always prefered the Filmation version of Modulok over the toy...
    I'm with you on this one, he looks so cool in the cartoon!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Modulok- The ultimate BAF?

Hey MOTUC fans,

Just a silly idea really- but what would people think if the next 22 figures each came with a BAF (or collect & connect ) piece to create MODULOK -'EVIL BEAST OF A THOUSHAND BODIES!

Would it put you off the figures? would you buy figures you might normally pass on to complete modulok? or would you not care either way?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel already stated that there would be NO "build a figure" option for MOTUC !

Fortunately ! Because I wouldn't like to feel obliged to buy 22 figures to complete Modulok and 22 figures to complete Multibot !

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a completionist and probably would buy the 22 figures regardless (but then also because) of Modulok.

I hope they get to make Modulok, even if you can't take him apart and re-arrange him. I wonder what the 4H could do with that character.

Even though I would perfer Modulok to come completed
    in a cool box of some sort, I'd be all over the BAF idea.
    I just want the mad scientist ... whatever the way!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Would you buy figures you might normally pass on to complete modulok?
    sadly, yes. if this were the only way to get modulok, i'd do it.

argh please no, what if u miss a figure and how do moc people display him?

I think it would be pretty fun. I buy all the characters anyway but it would not be fair for people who dont get every character.

I'll take him any way I can get him.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

I think that would be a great idea, although I think they could pack in a couple of parts per figure so it could be done in about 10 months. I can see why MOC collectors would hate it, but BAF's are becoming more and more common these days.

I think Modulok will probably eventually see a release as it's own carded figure in the line. Probably won't happen for another 2 or years, though.

For Modulok, I'd like to see Mattel sell him at the oversized beast price like Battle Cat($30), so we can be sure he gets lots of parts, and they can afford to make everything modular like the original.

To help make sure he sells well, hold a contest with a few awesome prizes (like a 1 year Club Eternia subscription for example). The contest would be to create the craziest Modulok monster out of multiple Moduloks. So you'll get a bunch of added sales of folks buying multiple Moduloks to enter the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Would it put you off the figures? would you buy figures you might normally pass on to complete modulok? or would you not care either way?
    I would buy fewer figures.

Build-A-Figure/Collect-And-Connect, while I don't care for them, I understand their purpose in a mass market toyline that may have shelf-warming figures people are on the fence about. However, when the closest thing we have to a shelf-warmer right now is a bonus figure that takes just about 2 weeks to sell out, it's generally pointless.

Besides, I'd rather just pay the money to have the pieces of Modulok all at once.

Or, I could just have someone customize my three red Parademons into a Modulok.

Court Magician

Noooooo!

Oh Yeah, I wanna pay $700.00 for Modulok! NOT!
    I love Modulok as probably one of the most inovative toys of all times, long befor Bionicles & Stikfas, but that would be the most horrible way to get one I could imagine!

I think Modulok will come as a seperate SKU item, with many swappable parts and such.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Being a MOC collector, i wouldn't get to build Modulok. It certainly wouldn't put me off collecting if they decided to go this route (hope not lol).

I can picture Modulok in a regular package with the 'extra' parts fit inside e.g. Trap Jaw or if they decided to release him 'whole' they could make a special package like they did for Battle Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Mattel already stated that there would be NO "build a figure" option for MOTUC !

Fortunately ! Because I wouldn't like to feel obliged to buy 22 figures to complete Modulok and 22 figures to complete Multibot !
    Totally agree.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'm against the BAF idea for Modulok or Multi-Bot. I'd much rather see each one released on their own as a large scale figure (like Battle Cat) in a single highly articulated form (preferrably the main large version as pictured on the front of the 80's box). I know there are supposed to beasts of a thousand bodies, but seeing as this line puts articulation first with no action features, I'd prefer single highly articulated versions of each. I just hope that Mattel's quality control ensures that the joints are tight. I don't need the interchangeable parts as I display my collection much more then play with it.

I really hope Modulok isn't a BAF. I'd much rather him be an individual release in the Battle Cat size/price range. Not only would I hate to have to wait for a year or more to collect all the pieces, but I'd hate to have to buy each figure (even ones I'm not interested in) just because I want Modulok so badly.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    modulok & multibot figures are probably not going to have the swappable parts option like the original toy in the 80s cuz its an action feature. that is fine with me as long as modulok & multibot comes out.

a stander ed figure with two heads (like too-bad) & four legs (like mantenna) with the tail would look fine.

they can re use too-bad's body for the two heads for modulok & the four legs of mantenna to save on re tooling.

what do you all think?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I wouldn't exclude out the possiblity of not seeing Modulok in pieces. Not really an action feature as more as a characteristic. It really wouldn't be much effor for the 4H to start making parts to make him, but more of the tooling.

Because of that, I have some hope we'll be seeing him. Probably not in 2010 or 2011 but sometime.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

give me as many Hordesmen as friggin possible!!

Id LOVE to see what the 4H could do with this

Modulok in MOTUC

How do you want him?

I'd like to see him done in this style if its allowed:
    Standard MOTUC buck with interchangable legs arms and heads.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I like your idea danielsan52 . I never liked the original toy but I could see the 4H one looking fantastic.