Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-Bot in MOTUC

personally, i'd rather them be more on the line of a full-figure rather than a bunch of puzzle pieces - i think they should have some removable parts, but much more minimal than the 80s versions... especially if it comes down to a question of whether or not they can even include either character in the line.

I really hope we get them sooner then later.they were awsome figures in the 80's and i think they would sell very very well.

I know that TG said it would probably take retailer support for the line before modulok .Does that mean we'd have to wait for all the re-releases Teela,He-man ,MAA,Skeletor etc. and then get modulok years later?That would suck all that is sucky.I mean couldnt they just make him now but sell him a little more like thirty or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I mean couldnt they just make him now but sell him a little more like thirty or so?
    I would personally spend more on those figures as well. AND Rammy, since he's very important to me.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robin View Post
    I would personally spend more on those figures as well. AND Rammy, since he's very important to me.
    I am really looking forward to seeing Rammy's design.OT but do you want him with seperate legs?

With characters like Modulok and Multibot it would be understandable to pay a higher price for like a deluxe MOTUC figure or something like that.I mean not like some crazy price becuase I would want everybody to be able to afford him. I think back in the 80's wasnt he a little more expensive then the standard figure? I know that if mattel releases Tytus and Megator in non-BAF form their not going to be twenty dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I am really looking forward to seeing Rammy's design.OT but do you want him with seperate legs?

With characters like Modulok and Multibot it would be understandable to pay a higher price for like a deluxe MOTUC figure or something like that.I mean not like some crazy price becuase I would want everybody to be able to afford him. I think back in the 80's wasnt he a little more expensive then the standard figure? I know that if mattel releases Tytus and Megator in non-BAF form their not going to be twenty dollars.
    Hmm, seperate legs really don't matter to me. Of course if he came with them, I would be thrilled, but I won't be let down if he dont. About the other two, I'm sure they originally cost more, because they where sold in boxes.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar

Support articulated, non-interchangeable part versions of Modulok and Multi-Bot!

Okay, so I read in another thread that versions of Modulok and Multi-Bot likely won't happen for MOTUC because of all the interchangeable parts. Well, I figure that interchangeable parts are an action feature, which this line doesn't include for the most part. Why can't highly articulated MOTUC versions of the "main forms" (the large form pictured on the front of the original packages) of these figures be produced somewhere down the line? Seeing as the line has been successful enough for MOTUC Battle Cat to come in 2010, and there's been talk of possibly including Tytus and Megator, why not articulated single form versions of Modulok and Multi-Bot as deluxe figures? How could MOTUC ever be complete without these figures? Post here if you think this (or something similar) is a good idea, or if you have other Modulok/Multi-Bot suggestions for MOTUC. We need these figures!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The Matty guys just said that they are not going to make a Modulok right away because of the budget and the reuse of parts. Who knows what will happen later if the line is still going strong. I'm still hoping for a Two-Bad figure.

I think Mattel should just make Modulok a C&C figure. Have it where the next 7 figures would have 2 pieces of Modulok. I don't know the budget plan Mattel has with MOTUC, but I know if they make Modulok or Multi-bot, he would quickly sell out like the rest of the MOTUC figures have done.

I also think people would have a bigger incentive to buy multiples of figures if they include pieces of him in figures. As a kid, I bought 2 Moduloks because I wanted a cooler figure.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I have mix feelings about that C&C Modulok. I wouldnt mind if Matty did that but at the same time I dont plan on collecting all the the figures (I am an evil type of guy: Evil warriors, horde snakemen) So I would hope if they would do him that way that they would put him in with evil characters only. We will have to wait and see what they do.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I always hated how skinny the Modulok toy was. If they do a MOTU Classics Modulok, I hope they use the standard body as the base. If they did, he wouldn't require 100% new parts!...They could sell him individually "filmation" look, and then all the other parts could be Build A Figure parts (Arms & Legs) with other figures....
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    YES, we definitely need Modulok and Multibot !
    But PLEASE, no "build a figure" stuff ! We already have such difficulties to buy the next coming figure... so can you imagine the madness to get a completed "BAF" ???

It seems to me that it is absolutely possible to have Modulok and Multibot ! The 1980's versions had no action feature, and the limbs just needed to be clicked into place.

I would be VERY angry if Mattel decided not to produce them, since it would show some more bad will on their part !

Didn't the guys from Mattel say that they wanted to SATISFY the fans ? Well, if they really do, then they MUST produce Modulok and Multibot !
    Last edited by Spectror; May 2, 2009 at 06:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    They could sell him individually "filmation" look, and then all the other parts could be Build A Figure parts (Arms & Legs) with other figures....
    I second that. And Multibot probably be displayed in the bubble as 2 figures! BAF parts could be convention exclusives as well or something...
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior
    was just dusting my mantenna and realized that if MOTUC mantenna has 4 independently articulated legs, his pelvis could be reused for a 4-legged modulok...

I so want a Modulok.I always keep my vintage one right here by the computer.He is an awsome design and just like his release in the 80's was a smash hit so much that they produced Multibot right away.I am sure his motuc incarnation would sell just as well.

They have to keep him snap apart.If Tri-klop's visor can spin which is a real action feature then I think Modulok should be able to keep his pull apart feature.This applies to multibot also,but I prefer modulok to come first.

Ball joints work well with maintaining range of motion and the ablity to snap on and off. The replacable heads are a clear show of that. I say use a core torso with a connecting joint for a second lower abdomen and/or tail piece.

I'd pay a little more for a figure that would come with a bit more than the rest (i.e. extra parts/limbs). Consider him a "beast" character and viola.

I did a drawing of my updated Modulok but kept everything including the gun the same. Some designs just need updated details and not a full on make over to still look cool.

Now how do I get that pic uploaded?
    Boomskakalaka!!!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Spending some extra plastic whith some characters in order to get a BaF Modulok can't be so expensive...
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Heroic Warrior

for me it better look like this...

best modulok I have ever seen!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by onthoofder View Post
    no thanks....I don't want him having short tiny arms, stuck to his body like a burn victim... not good imo.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onthoofder View Post

I like mine better.

Boomskakalaka!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I like mine better.

Super-sweet!
    Bill :: guitargod694

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I like mine better.

yeah, that's more like it. Great drawing btw!
    although he should have 4 arms.... unless the drawing is based on the minicomic's backcover art.
    I guess i always assembled my modulock with all the parts but 2 neck pieces & the green tail.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Warrior

Modulok and Multi-Bot

If or when they come out, what do you think?

Will they have multiple parts like the original toys or will the be designed with a lot of joints leaving the "action feature" behind?

I'm guessing these will either be done as deluxe exclusives with the xtra parts or be done assembled resembling their filmation counterparts. Now I said resemble, not identical. I know they allegedly can't do carbon copies of filmation style. But as some of the past figures have shown they can come pretty close.

they may be able to do a little of both. now that we've seen trap-jaw will include an extra arm and head to make him look like kronis, it appears that an articulated modulok and multi-bot is possible. but if mattel decides to release them individually (as opposed to some kind of long running BAF/CNC thing) i wouldn't be surprised if they end up costing more than battle cat.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I am hoping he will come in pieces so we can mix and match like the classic. I think he is a possiblity now that the line is doing well and there is more money in the tooling budget. I seriously doubt he could be done as a solid figure since there was not real shape or form to him. He should have the ability to mix and match like the old toy.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'm hoping for a single non-interchangeable version of each. I hope they model them from the main front box illustrations, and make them MOTUC articulated, and more muscular then the originals. Modulok especially was too lean for my tastes, and the mini-comic portrayals of him were pretty sad IMO.