Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Bot in MOTUC

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    cool idea but dont like the only exclusive items or figures. then to many people miss out. special paint jobs & additions are ok.

these are definitely 2 of my most wanted characters ... the fact that you'll (hopefully) be able to play with them too makes them all the more appealing ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I would like to see Modulok as the next SDCC exclusive. And he will come sculpted with all 22 original parts, plus his gun. And, for those that attend SDCC, they could get an extra "baggie" of NEW interchangable parts, never seen before, and available ONLY at SDCC.
    IF they do this, everyone at Mattel better go into hiding, is all I'm saying...

They have to know that a lot of the fans of these two characters will want to create Megabeast (assuming that is possible now in MOTUC), that is why I don't believe either of them will be SDCC exclusives.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    And, for those that attend SDCC, they could get an extra "baggie" of NEW interchangable parts, never seen before, and available ONLY at SDCC. Kinda like how Swamp Thing had the Un-Men.
    I think it's a horrible idea!
    You'll have to spend a lot of money just to get those extra parts!
    Getting it at the booth at SDCC doesn't count because
    going to SDCC costs a lot as well!
    It would frustrate way too many people.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

How would fans feel about them releasing Modulok and Multibot together as Megabeast??

Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I hope that we also get the filmation version of multibot as well as modulak and multibot, all with horde symbols on them. And that Modulak true name is galen nycroft.

They better come with anatomy that is just as beefy as the other figures. I hated that the vintage ones were so skinny. That's a mistake that needs to be corrected in MOTUC.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I hope that we also get the filmation version of multibot as well as modulak and multibot, all with horde symbols on them. And that Modulak true name is galen nycroft.
    I'm not sure about the horde symbols (if they are removable is OK), but i seconded everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    They better come with anatomy that is just as beefy as the other figures. I hated that the vintage ones were so skinny. That's a mistake that needs to be corrected in MOTUC.
    Oh yes, that's why i prefer the Filmation version. The original toy always felt out of place to me.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    cool idea but dont like the only exclusive items or figures. then to many people miss out. special paint jobs & additions are ok.
    i agree with this.
    maybe, if modulock were the sdcc 2012 figure, the exclusive version could
    be in filmation colors and the normal one just vintage red.
    ...and i wish he came with two torsos.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Emiliano has done it again!

Check out MOTUC Visions: Modulok to see how he would develop Modulok in Classics!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I've seen Emiliano work on modulok. I'm totally sold!
    question is would we get this or a much cheaper looking version of modulok?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Widget

Making Modulok

So, I am sure it has been brought up before - but if the MOTU line is at a stale-mate with 100% newly-molded characters – I really doubt Modulok will see light of day. He is my #1 want (and has been for years now). ...

So, considering a lot of the play-actions from the 80s toys have been removed or reinvented for the new line – would Mattel actually produce a non-transforming Modulok as an oversized release – just to get the character produced? (Would people want that? I would, if it meant getting the character). ... Technically, you COULD produce him with pre-existing parts – with only a new lower torso, new conjoined-neck piece and two heads required (of course, he would include 6 legs). ... but if they just produced him as he appeared on the box art for his 80s premiere – I for one would be happy.

But once the neck piece is produced (and I know I have seen this mentioned), you would have the requirement for Two-Bad, and Multi-Bot (if needed). ... Just wanted to see what kind of thoughts existed on this idea. ...

Heroic Warrior
    One thing I hope they do is make every single poip out joint for Modulok ball jointed. Imagine the amount of movement you can get from him if he was ball jointed at the parts that snap off. He and Multi-Bot would set a standard in articulation in MOTUC if done this way.

The easy way is Box Art version or Filmation version.

I don't think we will get one like the old toy, at least not to that extreme.

I'd want the Filmation version of Modulok. The vintage toy version really wouldn't work for me in Classics. Besides I'd sooner get a version we've never seen before, like the POP figures.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I'd want the Filmation version of Modulok. The vintage toy version really wouldn't work for me in Classics. Besides I'd sooner get a version we've never seen before, like the POP figures.

You know ... if they did Modulok as a straight Filmation style character, they could create a new lower torso with four legs – which could be used for Mantenna as well. I'd be down with that. Two newly-tooled parts (Modulok's dual-head neck piece and 4-leg lower-torso) would guarantee a multitude of options: Modulok, Two-Face, Mantenna and Multi-Bot. ....

What if making Filmation Modulok (based on Emiliano's design) a monthly figure (including both heads, torso, claw arms, waist, 3 claw legs, extra tail piece and the separable gun) in 2013 and have the remaining 12 pieces be included with each of the 12 (if we get 12) monthly figures in 2014? All pieces would work like the vintage figure. Then if successful do something similar with Multi-Bot.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

Mega beast sdcc 2013 exclusive (modulok + multibot)

That is my prediction
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I so wish you were right! Modulok is my most wanted figure left top be done.
    But I highly doubt it I think MatteI is rather going to use Modulok/ Multibot to get people into buying the 2014 sub...

Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I could see Modulok using up the $30 oversized figure slot for 2014 and Multibot being more suitable as an exclusive (Club or SDCC). I think Emiliano's version of Modulok is perfect, too...Everything you need to make either the vintage or Filmation styles!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Yes, yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep4 View Post
    You know ... if they did Modulok as a straight Filmation style character, they could create a new lower torso with four legs – which could be used for Mantenna as well. I'd be down with that. Two newly-tooled parts (Modulok's dual-head neck piece and 4-leg lower-torso) would guarantee a multitude of options: Modulok, Two-Face, Mantenna and Multi-Bot. ....
    And Zark , the mutant from NA Heman as well

Filmation Multibot Variant in MOTUC

I think that in truest form, these are the kind of variants that we should be getting in this line. I know alot of people don't agree with me on this cause they don't like the design of this character, but he is an all new design which could be used as a brand new character. But he is different in so many ways that he warrants to be molded into plastic. This great page exemplifies Multi Bots transformations in the POP cartoon. As accessories, I think they should include the axe/hammer hands, rope projectile hand cannons, and the blue head cannon.He could share parts with Modulak and Mantennne , in terms of the lower half (4 legs). Anyone else down for this!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    And Zark , the mutant from NA Heman as well
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8157/7...9695270f2b.jpg
    Wait! Who's this guy!! He looks cool, what NA episode is he in!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

I'm not a proponent of these kinds of variants in general, but I could get on board with Multibot coming with all of the parts to create his many looks.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!