Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.10!

Early on I remember discussion of MOTUC figures sharing tooling with DCUC figures, has this been abandoned or discussed elsewhere? I would think DCUC Metallo or Cyborg would be good places to mine for Trap-Jaw pieces.
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Well then good news! That means Filmation versions are still possible, given about two years.
    What part of the Q&A said that?

I still don't understand why we can't have the "Vote For Figure" option.

They have a budget for 12 figures/year.

Why can't they have a vote with those 12 options. The highest voted character gets the first month, next in line goes second, etc. etc.

They are still controlling which figures come out within the alloted year and within the budget...but we choose which order those 12 come out.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post

Why can't they have a vote with those 12 options. The highest voted character gets the first month, next in line goes second, etc. etc.

They are still controlling which figures come out within the alloted year and within the budget...but we choose which order those 12 come out.
    I'm sure their worry is that we would vote for a character that would require more tooling than they have budget for, but maybe they could give us a list of five or so characters that are in budget that could be voted on?
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Man View Post
    I'm sure their worry is that we would vote for a character that would require more tooling than they have budget for, but maybe they could give us a list of five or so characters that are in budget that could be voted on?
    I understand that...That's why I said they could give us a list of figures that are "within budget" for the year.

All they'd have to do is coming up with, let's say, six characters who'd all need similiar amounts of new tooling and tell us to decide which one of those we want to see in 2010. That way, they wouldn't have to worry that we vote for a character who'd be too expensive to produce.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Why can't they have a vote with those 12 options.
    They probably don't wanna reveal the release schedule/characters that far in advance.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I don't care about fans voting for a character unless the character selection starts to look iffy.
    But so far, I'm totally cool with the choices so far.

Besides, it would be so far off from when we voted on it, I really don't see the point.
    It's not like some really obscure character would win the vote.
    It would likely result in getting Tri-Klops released two months before Fisto instead of two months after, or something equally unremarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Man View Post
    Early on I remember discussion of MOTUC figures sharing tooling with DCUC figures, has this been abandoned or discussed elsewhere? I would think DCUC Metallo or Cyborg would be good places to mine for Trap-Jaw pieces.
    Metallo is too big, and Cyborg is too small.

Mattel said it's *possible* a (presumably) 200x-style Adam might share a DCUC base body because they're smaller than the MOTUC body.

Also that incidental stuff, like capes or possibly accessories, might be reused if they work.
    But no extensive cross-line use. The MOTUC females are going to be brand new bodies, etc.

There was also a mention of retooling Grodd into a Shadow Beast, which IMO isn't that great of an idea unless that was the only way to get one, but it would also likely be kind of expensive.

As someone else said, they wouldn't want to reveal that many figures in advance.

I don't think it'd be good to stack all the popular releases at the beginning of the year and thus have the least popular characters placed one after another to kill interest as the year progressed.

It's one thing to let fans select a figure to be released, but it'd be kind of insane to let fans dictate something like a release schedule.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Yeah, part of me thinks it'll be hard to sustain momentum with only 1 figure per month.
    But then again, we're only just now into the second month of this line.

So, I'm willing to try and be patient and see how things feel later this summer/fall.

Right now, I am absolutely chomping at the bit to get as many figures as possible, and more than anything, I wish the price point were a little bit lower so it wouldn't be so hard for fans to handle these figures in Waves.

But I'll try to be patient.

Overall, kinda meh WTFWTK this time, but IMO the questions asked weren't all that interesting.
    (Except for the new parts/tooling dollars ones. )
    Momentum will be a problem, because if you join the line late you miss out of on figures like He-man or Skeletor or etc,. So if people leave the line, there may not be new comers to take their place.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    They avoided all questions pertaining to the ordering problems! That`s not nice TG!
    I think a lot of those questions were asked in the next Q&A... i could be wrong though.

Yea I understand his explanation... but then just only include characters in the poll that would be easy to do and share parts with things you already have tools for. It doesn't have to be a poll including a bunch of obscure or new parts heavy characters it could just be somethign as simple as who would you prefer to have out of:

Buzz off
    Clawful
    Triclops
    Fisto
    Stinkor

Thanks Toy Guru!!

Guys one things for sure, this line at its current pace is going to teach us about patience and delayed gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    At one figure per month and at only MattyCollector.com, those 20-30 figures will obviously take years to show up, and it's not exactly easy for a toyline to last that long. MOTUC will have to survive longer than the original line did that inspired all this just to get a majority of the characters.
    Actually, twelve figures a year is quicker than the original line if you can believe it.

The first year had eight characters, and there were only six new people in '83. It took a while before they started putting out more and more per year, although they were putting out vehicles and accessories back then.

(All this is assuming the org's archives are acurate, I'm too young to remember this for myself )

Heroic Warrior
    Glad to see my Clawful question answered!, they really DO read the questions here!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless_Photog View Post
    Actually, twelve figures a year is quicker than the original line if you can believe it.

The first year had eight characters, and there were only six new people in '83. It took a while before they started putting out more and more per year, although they were putting out vehicles and accessories back then.

(All this is assuming the org's archives are acurate, I'm too young to remember this for myself )
    That's a great point, but when you compare MOTUC to a modern line, like DCUC, that's what most collectors can't help compare it to.

Plus, I was too young myself when the figures FIRST came out.
    So when I got into MotU I remember a veritable RAINBOW of assorted MotU stuff.

It was overwhelmingly awesome being in the toy aisles in those days.

I wish I had home video footage of TRUs or Children's Palaces from back in the day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    What part of the Q&A said that?
    Presumably when they get far enough along and can afford to play around with new interpretations. It's not anywhere close to happening, but I think it would give people another reason to pump more money into the line. For example, if they if they spread out a battle armor He-man, a 200x version, and a Filmation version every year or so. Out of those three choices, I imagine Filmation might be the caboose, but I'd really like to see the blue chest armor!

But as I'm thinking way too far ahead, I digress.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

i am actually quite pleased with this round. the questions picked had a lot less chance of being answered with "we will see how sales go".

the answers were fairly straight forward and answered well.

then again i believe that has to do with the fact they have one month of sales to go by now. so they have data to go off of and an idea of how the line is going to do.

i feel after the may figure they will have a pretty good idea how the line is doing and be a little more "teasy" with the answers as some have hoped they'd be. i guess it is me but i hate a tease

i am GLAD more questions about QC were not asked. look at all the OTHER Q&As around the net for those answers since it seems it was asked by eveyone and his momma and we already know the answer to any of those type of questions..."we are aware of *insert problem* and we are working/ will work to rectify it but it takes time for you to see the changes as a consumer".

that doesnt mean dont bring things to their attention. just remember all QC answers, unless it is dealing with a specific mess up, like a missing accessory in all figures(looking at YOU commemorative trap jaw) etc.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    8. Could Mattel upload the art from the ToyFare ads to MattyCollector or He-Man.org without the text? They would make awesome wallpapers for the desktop.
    We will look into the logistics of this request and see what can be done. We chose to use the 2002 backgrounds entirely for cost reasons. They were available and we knew would really make the figures pop in the print ads!
    Oh, well, DUH! When those ads came out a lot of folks (including me) were like "Why didn't they use Filmation shots?" OF COURSE they used MYP shots for the ads and not Filmation pics cuz they CAN'T use Filmation stuff because they don't own it! I feel kinda dumb now and can't believe none of us figured this out--at least not that I read.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Right now we have revealed up to the March figure (Mer-Man) and plan to show at least 3 to 4 new figures at each convention this year at our fan panels. (both NY and SD).
    So... does this mean they're going to be showing 3-4 new ones at NYCC and SDCC or spreading out those 3-4 between the two conventions? I ask this because it was stated elsewhere that they were only showing up to the June figure at NYCC.

EDIT

Now that I'm thinking about it... since they said they're showing up the June figure, do you think that means the NEW figures are going to be in the May and June slots?
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 17, 2009 at 08:39am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'm glad it's only one a month. I would want them all now, immediate gratification, but I like looking forward to something new EVERY month. If they make 24 figures; that's 2 years worth of happy months. Also the damage to my bank account isn't that bad. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    So... does this mean they're going to be showing 3-4 new ones at NYCC and SDCC or spreading out those 3-4 between the two conventions? I ask this because it was stated elsewhere that they were only showing up to the June figure at NYCC.

EDIT

Now that I'm thinking about it... since they said they're showing up the June figure, do you think that means the NEW figures are going to be in the May and June slots?
    I read that as, they'll be showing 3 to 4 at nycc and showing 3-4 more at sdcc. However, the 3-4 at NYCC may include zodak inwhich case it would really only be 2 we didn't know about along with a release date for zodak.

Some intelligent questions and answers there. Good stuff to read, and it actually makes me more excited for the line hearing about some of the fore thought going into making it have some legs financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless_Photog View Post

They were re releasing all the previous years figures as well as new ones every year, so the second they actually released 15 figures(there were 7 new ones that year, and the previous years 8)