Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Mer-Man sell out faster than Skeletor?

Will Mer-Man sell out faster than Skeletor?

Obviously a hypothetical here; but with Mer-Man being the first figure with 2 heads, I know many folks who usually only buy 1 figure will be buying 2. Also the added factor that many consider this new version as THE Mer-Man, the one they have dreamed about since first seeing the original 8 back art. I know Skelly only lasted 12 days... can Mer-Man beat that?
    So I'm wondering, for those folks that only buy 1 of each character, how many of you will indeed be buying 2 Mer-Man figs?
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Yes, i think there are a lot of character who will sell out faster than the Lord of evil.
    Tropper
    Scare Glow
    Teela
    Trap Jaw
    Ninjor....
    figures we saw last at the original line, figures we mised at the 200x line.
    i bet my money, if we get a cardback MAA with some new parts...one week.

Skeletor was just the beginning.

as cool as the new mer-man looks, i don't see him selling out as fast as skeletor.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I don't think so. Skeletor is the main villian, people were really looking forward to him even more than He-Man. Mer-man is cool but he is no Skeletor.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I agree with Mike. he-man and Skeletor are needed in any MOTU line. Merman, and many of the others are not. i'm sure there are people who are buying only the main two figures. I am buying two of every character, but the only ones on display, from each line, are He-man and Skeletor.

My Predictions for classic figures that will sell out the fastest if made:

1) Scare Glow
    2) She-Ra
    3) Hordak
    4) Sorceress
    5) Trap Jaw
    6) Ninjor
    7) King Randor
    8) Clamp Champ
    9) Horde Trooper
    10) Extendar

Speculated Rumored Figures:
    1) He-Ro
    2) Count Marzo
    3) Green Goddess

I normally only buy 2 (1 for display and the other for MOC). But, in Mer-Man's case, I will buy 3 (2 for display and the third for MOC).

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    If fear, greed, and apathy continue to be the rule of the day. Then yeah. But not cause he is better figure or even cause he has two heads

For me, the definitive Mer-Man was the 200X one. He was perfect. MOTUC Mer-Man might have the head from the cardback, but that head is kind of goofy and non-threatening to me.

I don't think Mer-Man will sell faster than Skeletor.

I won't be buying any additional Mer-Mans because of the extra head. I'll just change the head periodically or leave the head I like best.

I doubt it. Merman is a popular character, like Trap-Jaw and Tri-Klops, but those (including Merman) will sell like Beast-Man did. The characters that will rival the sales of Skeletor would most likely be the female ones, such as She-Ra, Sorceress, Teela, Evil-Lyn, Frosta, Catra, and so forth. Some of those may come close, and some may sell faster than Skeletor did. Characters like Faker, Scare-Glow, Randor, and Hordak may also rival but not surpass Skeletor.

Why? Well, mainly because most people know and remember Skeletor the best. He is to this day, a very popular and well known villain who is more popular than He-Man himself. Pretty touch MotU character to top.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think the Horde Troopers and Female Figures will sell out the fastest (MOTU, PoP, etc.). Horde Troopers because MANY people will want an army. Self explanitary.

Females because, they're females, and people will use them for bases of custom projects as well. I suspect the MOTU/PoP females will not be anorexic looking, so people may want to make characters of Wonder Woman, She-Hulk (since these are taller figures), etc.

But...yeah. Horde Troopers the #1 seller, I say.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

i think it's possible. the series is getting alot of good exposure and more people are being turned onto it. add to that the fact that this one has two heads and i think he could go pretty quick.

I don't think that Mer-Man will be sold out faster than Evil Lord of Destruction, even though is next to him in awesomeness.

The ones that can make Mattel to place the "No Longer Available" sign faster
    could be She-Ra, Hordak, King Grayskull, Keldor or, after the line is well established and there is more budget for tooling and sculpts and action features, Laser Light Skeletor (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by the angry orc View Post
    i think it's possible. the series is getting alot of good exposure and more people are being turned onto it. add to that the fact that this one has two heads and i think he could go pretty quick.
    Didn't Mattel say they made more of the Big 2? I think each figure will sell out quicker and quicker.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I think they will all sellout faster than the next one is released, that`s a for sure thing

Females in general

If the production numbers are the same then I cant imagine many (if any) selling faster than Skeletor. The only ones that might come close would be some of the ones that never got a 200x remake such as Scare Glow or POP.

It'll probably sell faster due to the two heads causing many folks to buy one more than usual and due to the no lesser fact that it will be made in less quantities than ol' bones. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I don't think so.
    Let the power return!!

I may grab a few MM figures. I like the idea of generic Mer-Dudes as his warriors/guards. Still, Skeletor is Skeletor. Tough to beat.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think that he will sellout fast, but probably not as fast as Skelly.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Skeletor is THE icon of evil and awesome to people who care nothing for the rest of motu. He sold faster than He-Man, for what ever reason you might want to give, and that's saying something.

I don't see it happening, but hey, crazier things have happened.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I don't think so. Skeletor is the main villian, people were really looking forward to him even more than He-Man. Mer-man is cool but he is no Skeletor.
    I agree.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I'm actually hoping it won't!

At least not till I get mine in the mail anyways. Then it can sell out!

Tee-Hee!

By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

If less is produced of Merman I think it's possible he'd sell out as fast or faster than Skeletor. We'll just have to wait and see.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Lots of folks, such as myself, are going to be buying more of Merman so we can have 2 loose (one of each head) Whether that factors enough I don't know but I think many people will be doing this.