Thread: WTFWTK 2.12 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.12 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for questions only; not discussion.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

Please avoid questions about:
    • Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).

Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
    The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    It's nothing personal.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Mattel originally stated that every precaution would be taken to insure mint on card collectors would be taken care of and that the items would be shipped with the highest regard to condition. But fans are still receiving items that are poorly packaged, with items arriving in poor condition as a result. What is being done to correct this?

2. Many fans still do not receive confirmation notices from Matty Collector upon placing an order, and they don't seem to be going into Spam/Junk filters. What can Mattel do to resolve this?

3. Mattel previously said that once a first run MOTUC figure sells out, a "2nd printing" figure would be issued with a slightly modified packaging so the figure would always be available. Now Mattel has stated that once a MOTUC figure's stock is depleted, it will be retired and possibly return with modified paint ops later on. This sounds like bad news for new and existing fans who will want these figures. What happened?

4. The Matty Collector site is not featured among Mattel's online shop links on Mattel's official site, and MOTUC has no info represented in Mattel's products directory. Why is this?

5. Matty Collector's order Checkout is not using secure internet protocol page (https). When will this be fixed for the security of fans and collectors?

6. Now that MOTUC has a few figures under its belt, is Mattel seeking brick and mortar support for the line? Or will it always remain online at Matty Collector?

7. What has Mattel done, if anything, in the way of testing to insure the MOTUC figure joints will remain tight and posable over time?

8. Due to the action pose inside the packaging, many fans received a He-Man with a warped leg. What are Mattel's plans in regards to posing inside of the packaging to help insure future figures don't suffer from this same problem?

9. Fans were told that Mattel was looking into a way to prevent the plastic molding from being as hard/stiff as what we saw on King Grayskull, thus allowing the fans more posing options. But with the release of He-Man, we see this has not yet changed. What are Mattel's plans in this regard?

10. If later figures in MOTUC feature the same legs (eg: like Clawful and Skeletor in the original MOTU line), will there be any way to make the legs interchangeable like in BAF (Build-a-figure) figures?

11. Will there be a limit on Faker at NYCC, and what are Mattel's allocation plans (percentage of Fakers at NYCC VS percentage of Faker's available online) to help that insure fans who can't attend the show will be able to purchase it via Matty Collector?

12. With the trend in toys now leaning towards smaller figures in the 3.75" scale, is this something that will happen with MOTUC or future MOTU-based lines?

13. With talks of Entertainment Rights selling off properties, is there any hope of Mattel buying back the MOTU, POP and NA cartoon and licensing libraries?

14. In the interest of wide-spread advertisement of MOTUC, has matty considered mentioning the Matty Collector site during one of their "CARS" commercials being broadcasted on national television?

15. To help continue to build excitement, could Mattel post some galleries of "work in progress" type photos each month here at He-Man.org or on Matty that include shots of concept sketches for an upcoming figure, the 4H at work sculpting, or even figures getting painted at the factory?

--------------

So ask those questions!

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    I really want to ask Will/Can matty start using the newsletter to gives us MotU updates, raffle chances, promotions, or at least a notice of when they are about to pull each months figure?
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

Does Mattel have the rights to Granamyr since he also appeared in the mini comics? There seems to be some confusion since he was also in the Filmation cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    It has previously been mentioned by Mattel that the female figures in MOTUC will have the same articulation as the male figures. Does this mean that figures such as Teela, Evil-Lynn and The Sorceress will have ball-jointed hips (like He-Man and the other released figures)? If so, will these figures have "skirts" to hide the ball-jointed hips (to serve the function that the loincloths do for the "male" figures) even though their "classic" (80's) figure counterparts do not have skirts, or will the ball-joint be visible?

[Commentary on the Question] - I'm concerned that visible ball-jointed hips on the female figures may upset some fans who praise sculpt over articulation and it may also result in an inconsistency in the "design" of the figures when compared to their male counterparts. Something like the DCUC's Wonder Woman figure may work better if Teela (and friends) don't have skirts, but it also means a thigh-swivel joint which will also create some inconsistency in the design/articulation between the male and female figures in MOTUC.

Many thanks.

Cheers.

I am a HUGE fan of the whole Masters of the Universe collection(80's, 2000's, and Classics) but I've only found one problem with my He-Man over the years. I hope this question hasnt been asked and sorry if so, but He-Man has NEVER been able to hold his sword over his head and summon the power of Grayskull correctly. I dont know about you, but that was my favorite part. Will Mattel ever give He-Man a joint in his wrist so he can hold the sword straight up over his head?

Since most of the molds have already been tooled (He-Man's half and full swords and axe, Beast Man's arm bands, armor, and whip, Zodac's gun and armor), and the cost would be relatively low because of this, is there a good chance we will see specifically an updated reissue of the original 80s Weapons Pak? MANY of us would like to see the power sword in blue again!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Is the status of 200X versions of the MOTU cast in MOTUC (examples below) still "We'll see how the line does?"? The status changed for vehicles and animals and those were on the "we'll see how the line does" list, so has anything changed as far as 200X figures go? They don't have to come immediately so long as they would be coming eventually like POP and NA figures are.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Is there any chance down the road of a ZODAK re-issue with white gloves and human feet? ( For example, utilizing the lower legs of SKELETOR and the feet of STRATOS )
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Who is responsible for writing the MOTUC biographies?

my question concens Demo-Man.

it seems that there is a negative sentiment for some fans with the name(i.e it is said it is a wink/nod to "uber" fans but NO ONE here has ever heard of him). since the name isnt in PRINT anywhere(ie the bios due to timing) is there a chance it can be changed?

if it can be changed, how about letting the .ORG have a poll/vontest where board members(the uber fans) can vote on their favorite name? that way it would be a TRUE wink/nod to the "uber fans".

and when will we learn more about the character?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

With the sell-out success of the 200x SDCC Keldor figure, are the chances looking good to get one made for the new Classics line, especially since Skeletor is now here?

Thanks!
    TB-1089
    Inland Empire Squad Leader
    Southern California Garrison
    501st Legion

The original toys, mini-comics and MYP toon have all been confirmed as available for use in MOTUC, while the classic cartoons have been ruled off-limits.
    But there is a variety of other character/story sources (eg: Golden & Ladybird books, Marvel/STAR comics, etc).
    Are these also unavailable for use, and if so what are the actual legal reasons this material can't be used as it was originally created for Mattel Licensing?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    When the POPC figures come out in 2010 it would be nice if the packaging was exactly the same size as the MOTUC, but with a few differences ...

Like instead of the dark green Grayskull bricks in the bubble use dark pink bricks from Crystal Castle and instead of the square top of the MOTUC bubble (like the 80's MOTU bubbles) make it round like the 80's POP bubbles. Just as with the small dent in the middle of the bubble, this would also be a great tribute/wink to the POP fans out there. And on top of the round bubble (like with the MOTUC) place the Princess of Power logo in the front of the bubble. Hope this makes sense haha ... so my question:

Will the POPC figures have (slightly) different style cards or will they have the same packaging and logo as the MOTUC?
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; January 20, 2009 at 10:48am.

Heroic Warrior
    What is the status of, and who is penning the "coffee table" book? Many of us are hoping for more treasure from Mattels early concept archive, such as "Demo-man."

IMO why does Mattel have such little faith in this line?
    What I mean is how it being handled as far as very limted runs and only over the internet purchases and of course the price. Star Wars and G.I.Joe seems to be doing very well one without the backing of a cartoon. I really hope that the lack of faith isn't because of the 2002 line. That can hardly be our fault for that mess.

The look of these figures are amazing and is what I think most of us wanted to begin with. I would gladly give you as much of my money as I can but I can't cause I see He-Man and Beast Man are no longer Available. So what's the point.

Movie mayhem!
    I have mentioned MOTUC to several privately owned toystores and comic shops in NYC and they expressed a great deal of interest in getting stock into their stores. Is it possible for stores to get a discount or to obtain stock? Is this something you are looking into at all now or in the future?

I also was recently in FAO Schwartz, seems like an amazing place to have this line featured. They are badly in need of some action figures too. Its an amazing store until you go to look for action figures. They don't really have anything. However, the ones they do carry are mostly collectable lines.

An interesting trend has appeared with regards to the paint app consistency on the 3 figures so far.
    For example, both He-Man and Skeletor seem to have 2 different paint apps on thier faces. A glossy version and a more matte version(Please see photos below, thanks to Tallstar & Lay Ze-Man). Could you please explain this phenomenon?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Widget

Will we get all the figures

The Classic line seems to be selling good. If each figure continues to sell out do you think there is a good chance we will actually see this line finished out?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Has Mattel considered making the return of figures that are faulty or otherwise sent by error, free of charge for international collectors? It doesn't seem fair to those of us that are outside the U.S to have to pay twice for international shipping, for something that was Mattels fault in the first place.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Since the hip piece on King Grayskull, He-Man, and Skeletor is too big, can the smaller Beast Man part be used on every future MOTUC figure so that the figures aren't stuck in a bow-legged stance?

When Orko is released, what are the chances for a Gorpo .org exclusive?

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    If/when you get to Stinkor, could he utilize some of Beastman's parts (torso, upper arms & upper legs) since he's a skunk & should be furry, rather than use all Merman's parts?
    Thanks for your time.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!