View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of Demo-Man?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

101 41.74%
  • No

98 40.50%
  • I don't care

43 17.77%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do, you like the idea of Demo-Man

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I like the name and the idea.

In fact I would be surprised if Demo-Man was one of Hordak's generals but got captured and imprisoned. And merging him with keldor was the only way to free him.

Yes I said merge. It may not right but it's the only way I know how to explain it.

And now that I think about it.....Adding in Demo-Man (what Skeletor was originally going to be called) explains (to me) how we go from a blue skinned half human/humanoid and half Gar being to an evil skeletal warior/wizard/lord of destruction/master of all that is nasty/the guy that makes the boogey man cry being.
    PERFECT! I was thinking the same thing! Demo-Man was probably another demon Hordak wanted to set free and help him win Eternia. Keldor died the day Horkdak "helped" him. It may be Keldor's body but with HEAVY influences of Demo-Man.

I'm all for this and don't mind it. I know someoned mentioned this was never the INTENT of the character (to be merged with another being) but we all know about the best of intentions...

I don't like the name but the idea is not bad...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Sure, why not? I love new ideas for MOTUC. And that's what this poll is about right? a new Idea. I think the results of this poll are biased based on the fact that people aren't liking the name Demo-Man. I guarantee if there was another name used, the poll's results would be different.

I honestly don't know why people are getting so upset about it. I mean the main character is called He-Man, and the character getting the most excitement is called He-Ro! The name Demo-Man fits right in with those examples. MOst of the MOTU characters have silly names(Ram man, Evil-Lyn, Extendar, Fisto, Clawful.....Snout Spout???). For one, they were targeted toward kids, and they were also introduced in the 80's.

Demo-man isn't that terrible. I can think of worse: Good-Kate, Erector, Swim-Or, It-Man (a ******), Peg-Leg, etc,,,,lol
    Clamp Champ, Ninjor....and need I remind folks that the figures weren't too much better, yet many folks here are clamoring for that!

How is Demo-Man any worse? Cause you didn't grow up with him? Well to be fair, you technically didn't grow up with He-Ro, or Eldor either, but you're more than willing to welcome them in.

One thing I noticed about Keldor was that he seemed very suave, and Don Juan like, before Hordak "helped" him; being merged with Demo-Man might've taken him from simply evil to utterly bats*** f***ing insane!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Same here. I kind of like the story, but don't like the name Demo-Man. Maybe it should have been De-Man, which is closer to demon. I don't know...just talking out loud.
    No no no no no no no, that sounds far to close to that popular urban saying "you da man!"...and god do I hate that.
    Last edited by KingRandor82; October 17, 2009 at 04:12am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I really like the idea of Demo-Man, not too fond of the name, but the idea behind it is nice, I think it gives Keldor/Skeletor a more mystical feeling and I like that.
    The name doesn´t bother me to the point of making me dislike the role of Demo-man in the current Motu mythos.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm ok with it.

I agree the name could've been a little more creative, but overall, i'm not upset or anything.

I guess Keldor merged with a demon rather than just some energy from Hordak. Yeah, that's cooler too me.

I guess Demo-Man was just a name for Hordak to call the spirit that drives Keldor.

Together they combine to create, Skeletor.

Darth Bong

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    you could say Skeletor is no longer Keldor because Keldor & Demo-Man are now one in the same.
    that explains why Skeletor is so twisted & evil, no longer any resemblance of Keldor left. Now he is consumed for power!
    How sad for Evil Lyn.

I votes yes, and I like the Raw's vision of an MOTUC figure based on him. Peace.

I love it. I still see no reason to not like it. Ultimately nothing, NOTHING has changed. I mean realisiticly, as has been brought up earlier, Skeletor's "origin" has changed EVERY time he has appeared in anything.

So to me this is the perfect combination of all the different Skeletors.

Ultimately the character has no reason to be belived to have changed at all.

Easy test.

Take whoever you think skeletor is. His personality, whatever it is about who he is that makes him cool to you. Now add this bio to him. No reason it cant exist as is in any previous skeletor.

From the Minicomic version to the current, they are all the "same" skeletor. Why he is what he is is ultimately unimportant, as he'd be what he is even if we didnt know where or why.

This version just combines and allows for the greatest amount of inclusion but ultimately changes nothing, and allows you to add anything else beyond the original "demon from a dimension of skeletors" that you like.

I for one love it. Nothing that came before is changed, not really.

got no problem with the name and like the idea. thumbs up from me
    I dont need no instructions to know how to rock !!

Doesn't bother me at all to be honest.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I don't need the Demo-Man character so bad, therefore I voted for "No". The MotUC action figure is pretty cool, but the idea doesn't really amaze me that much. Okay, as the demon merged with Keldor by Hordak to become Skeletor he's an essential part of not only the bios, but also Skeletor's origin story. Nevertheless, I cannot create any relation Demo-Man. That's why I rather treat the action figure as a new character; in my canon he's Vikor's rival, leader of the "Fighting Foe Men". That's the way I'll add him to my personal MotU universe!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    The idea doesn't really grab me either. I liked MYP's version as well. Obviously Keldor needed help after getting acid thrown in his face, and Hordak's the perfect evil-doer to do it. And I like the fact that Skellie's face is just a "skull". What's more evil than that? In the Filmation cartoon, that dude scared the crap outta me as a kid.

I think it just introduces a new character to the story. Not diggin' it.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

they didn't come up with that name recently have they? i mean demo-man has been sort of an early skeletor or beastman concept for ages

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    IMHO this is an example of how forcing these abandoned concepts into the story just weakens the character. I'd rather use my own imagination to fit these characters in (Or in this case, ignore the character). I'll get my two Demo-Man figures, but I'll always see him as an abandoned concept figure and not as a part of the story or mythology.

Heroic Warrior
    I dont really like the idea of Demo-Man but its the name I really hate the most. I dont like the colour of Demo Man either I think he should be a darker green or a greyish green or something, what do you guys think?

He shouldn't have been connected with Skeletor's bio. I like the figure though
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    He shouldn't have been connected with Skeletor's bio. I like the figure though
    I like him as a separate character and foe of Vykor. I never bought into the Keldor/Skeletor thing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I like him as a separate character and foe of Vykor. I never bought into the Keldor/Skeletor thing anyway.
    Word. He's a demon from another dimension in my books.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I like the idea of Demo-Man, but in my continuity I use him a little differently. Instead of him and Keldor combining personalities to become Skeletor, Keldor was given Demo-Man's powers when he became Skeletor. Demo-Man is still out there and he wants his power back! He's allied with Draego-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Hes just another bad guy to me. I thought he was the demo for skeletor back in the day. Like a concept before they decided to make skeletor the way we know him as?

Heroic Warrior
    Yes- I like this idea a lot more than, oh, a character who's nothing more than a floating slapstick routine, with a big zero on his chest...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE