Thread: Did anyone else notice?

Did anyone else notice?

Mer-man has his own unique hand sculpt, with only three fingers on each!

I thought his entire body was exactly the same as Skeletor, but that is a very nice little detail.

Thanks Mattel and 4H!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Mer-Man have 4 fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Mer-Man have 4 fingers.
    Sorry friend, but Classic Merman had 3 fingers! Here`s his first ever mini comic appearance notice the 3 figngers on each hand as opposed to 4. The classic fig had 4 fingers due to re used parts and 200X Mernan has 4 fingers but classic Merman has always had 3 on each hand. This is what the figure is based off of, the the 4horsemen got it right!
    Last edited by adam03; January 16, 2009 at 10:37am.

Heroic Warrior
    Are you not counting his thumb as a finger? Because I still see 4 fingers (thumb included) in that mini-comic image.

I was talking fingers not thumbs, yes the figure has 3 fingers and 1 thumb as well

Heroic Warrior
    He has four digits, three fingers and one thumb. As it should be.

The thumb isn't a finger?? Quickly goes to online dictionary…um, yes the thumb is in fact considered a finger…

the short thick digit of the human hand that is analogous in position to the big toe and differs from the other fingers in having only two phalanges, allowing greater freedom of movement, and being opposable to each of them ; also : a corresponding digit in lower animals.

The hands aren't the only difference between Merman and Skeletor…Merman has two heads, and a seemingly unique upper torso.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    yeah, mermans 'digits' have been pointed out before. just another way the 4hm have made him unique from Skeletor, rather than just making him with the same hand molds. Excellent job 4hm!!!!

merman's neck also appears to have gills or something; another way to set him apart from the others. I just hope they use the same mold for Stinkor, who should be furry like beast man.

but yeah, Merman looks better than ever. I can't wait to get him, he was the first motu figure I ever got.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    That's awesome! OMG, can you imagine if they did a line where every character got completely new sculpts?! With like totally different proportions! That would be AWESOME! Oh, wait...

Heroic Warrior
    Lol...been there, done that already. Good one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    That's awesome! OMG, can you imagine if they did a line where every character got completely new sculpts?! With like totally different proportions! That would be AWESOME! Oh, wait...
    If you mean that He-manime from 2002...these are a HUGE improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    The thumb isn't a finger?? Quickly goes to online dictionary…um, yes the thumb is in fact considered a finger…

the short thick digit of the human hand that is analogous in position to the big toe and differs from the other fingers in having only two phalanges, allowing greater freedom of movement, and being opposable to each of them ; also : a corresponding digit in lower animals.

The hands aren't the only difference between Merman and Skeletor…Merman has two heads, and a seemingly unique upper torso.
    Exactly! And without our thumbs, our middle fingers wouldn't be our middle fingers...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!